ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-14_14-37-42.png

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Jesperi its all about skating skating skating.

Imagine him at 6’2 with those hands and his sneaky good shot flying up and down the ice.

I want to be patient too but I can’t wait for him to break out :popcorn:

balance as well, which isn't shocking as he's tall and lanky (talking since drafted) but you don't want to see a player spend that much time on his ass. That said as he grows into his body I'm not worried about him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
With Jesperi its all about skating skating skating.

Imagine him at 6’2 with those hands and his sneaky good shot flying up and down the ice.

I want to be patient too but I can’t wait for him to break out :popcorn:

It's very possible we are frustrated from 19-23 age range cause his gains are small year to year. Usually, the elite level ones have prime years that start well before the age of 25. 23-30 (+/-) is where his real value is at IMO.

How hard he works at it is hard to predict. I think this past season was a lot for him to handle. Way too much pressure and expectations. Suzuki will have that next year and even this play in round. Suzuki seems like the type to be more hungry to improve though. Everyone develops at different rates

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine though if both Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are 1C quality in the next 2 seasons, we draft Lafreniere, and Caufield and Romanov are also top 6F and top pair D. And we still have Price, Weber, Gallagher, Danault, Tatar, Petry.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Going to be kind of interesting to see which Koktaniemi we get in this play in round? The one who scored 12 points in 11 games with Joel in Laval. Or the Koktaniemi who struggled this season with the Canadiens.

Jul 6, 2016
Imagine though if both Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are 1C quality in the next 2 seasons, we draft Lafreniere, and Caufield and Romanov are also top 6F and top pair D. And we still have Price, Weber, Gallagher, Danault, Tatar, Petry.

With Danault, Habs would have three reliable productive centermen..... Something we did not see since a long, long time.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
From some of the clips I see he has good IQ but his first few steps need work and his aggressiveness needs work..

just like galchenyuk, Drouin, scherbak,...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Stride looks more powerful, actually shredding ice.

I think he will leave a good impression in those 3 games.

He looks bigger, not sure how this will translate. You literally just saw 15 seconds of him...
I'm more interested to see how he carries the puck and what he does with it in both the neutral and offensive zone. Everyone can be taught to play better defensively, even careless offensively minded players like Ovechkin can be turned into better two way players.

What's important with KK is his offensive game.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Well if Suzuki, KK are top centers, add in Laf who will be a franchise winger....with that depth up front you become an offensive powerhouse.
Defensively, I'm not sold. Romanov isn't the Subban/Markov type so I think we'd still have issues but as I said, if we have three legit top liners including two centers, well that should compensate for a weak defense.
I have to think that if we give Price around 3.25GF/GP support, then he should win most of the games he's in.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
What? Galchenyuk, Drouin and Scherbak have poor IQ, but Drouin is an extremely talented skater.
I apologize, I didn’t proof read I was in a rush.

I feel that the players I named had issues with first few steps and aggressiveness. Not that they all have highIQ

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Exactly....confirmation bias on display in that post.
Exactly what bias is in my post? I based my opinion on the fact that he seems to be more at ease pivoting and his stride is notably more effortless. Things that are linked with his lower body power.

I know the coach said he noticed was skating much better than last year and I made my statement based on the observation and not on hearsay. I only heard Claude's presser a few minutes ago.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Exactly what bias is in my post? I based my opinion on the fact that he seems to be more at ease pivoting and his stride is notably more effortless. Things that are linked with his lower body power.

I know the coach said he noticed was skating much better than last year and I made my statement based on the observation and not on hearsay. I only heard Claude's presser a few minutes ago.

You said that his stride looks more powerful and that he was "shredding" ice in that clip.....there was absolutely no evidence of either claim in the video.

So yes.....making an observation based on what you want to be true rather than what is true is confirmation bias.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You said that his stride looks more powerful and that he was "shredding" ice in that clip.....there was absolutely no evidence of either claim in the video.

So yes.....making an observation based on what you want to be true rather than what is true is confirmation bias.

It's not my problem if you don't notice things like that.

He obviously has a stronger stride, doesn't look out of balance as much when pivoting or stopping and his initial strides seem to stick to the ice more, which is what I meant with "shredding ice". These are all weaknesses that I've personally pointed out in the past about his skating and it seems to have improved from that clip alone. Yes I made the assesment based on a 15 second clip, but it's because I noticed. And it's no coincidence that the coach did too. It's not "bias", it's normal that a 20 year old player improves within a few months and that knowledgeable hockey people notice those things.

You're assuming bias on my part as if you had an opposing agenda. So maybe you're the biased one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad