Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Why does Montreal always draft high in poor draft years!?

this guy is going to be lucky to hit 60 points consecutively. For the 2nd 3rd overall pick in a row we can even find a ticking PPG player or shutdown Defenceman..

that’s on this management.

Yeah so, nobody from that Draft is PPG yet btw bud.
And if you want to go JUST on points for some insane reason, he's still the 5th best from that draft year..
Revise this again in 3 years for better information, like you're supposed to.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah so, nobody from that Draft is PPG yet btw bud.
And if you want to go JUST on points for some insane reason, he's still the 5th best from that draft year..
Revise this again in 3 years for better information, like you're supposed to.
No, I said, Montreal seems to draft high in lower class draft years. It seems when the draft is a bit weaker we draft high. Strange.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
No, I said, Montreal seems to draft high in lower class draft years. It seems when the draft is a bit weaker we draft high. Strange.

Well you're absolutely right about 2012 lol, no idea what the hell happened that year, Galchenyuk is still the 2nd most productive player from that draft and he's currently struggling to stay NHL relevant..its crazy.
Tho that Sergachev pick in 2016 was pretty good,
Jury's still out on 2018
And as for this year, possibility to draft 1 or 9 , this draft isnt considered weak either, but we have to do our part and lose to Pittsburgh lol

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario

Facial hair. Looks bulkier. The kid is slowly growing into his man body.

Once he fills out that frame, watch out.

We’ve already seen flashes of what he can do without being physically ready for the NHL. Over the past two years we’ve even seen him throw his body around - albeit he falls a lot - but once he can physically dominate his peers he will be exciting to watch.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Once he fills out that frame, watch out.

We’ve already seen flashes of what he can do without being physically ready for the NHL. Over the past two years we’ve even seen him throw his body around - albeit he falls a lot - but once he can physically dominate his peers he will be exciting to watch.

Although I agree. The NHL now is changing so quickly, you've got really smooth skating smaller defenseman with very active sticks and good intelligence, so his size will help, but it's not the cure. He will put it goether though, it's certainly going to help if a small bump in the ice doesn't send him snowballing.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Well you're absolutely right about 2012 lol, no idea what the hell happened that year, Galchenyuk is still the 2nd most productive player from that draft and he's currently struggling to stay NHL relevant..its crazy.
Tho that Sergachev pick in 2016 was pretty good,
Jury's still out on 2018
And as for this year, possibility to draft 1 or 9 , this draft isnt considered weak either, but we have to do our part and lose to Pittsburgh lol
Yeah I guess i could have detailed that when they have drafted top 3.
Out of all the years the draft top 3 haha,

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
absolutely no issue with KK being a consistent 60-65 pt 2-way C . Suzuki too. that's what krecji and bergeron do.
now all we need are some elite wingers ;)
Enter caufield ylonen potentially poehling and whoever we draft 1st or 9th overall??

so excited for this draft especially if things get back to normal or whatever

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
KK mostly needs to work on his legs. Iirc, his upper body looked fine in camp.

Not that he will be Draisaitl (I am not comparing KK to him) but he needs to follow a similar training plan to this. This was the program Draisaitl did after his 19 year old (rookie) season where he played 37 games and put up 2 goals and 9 points.

We definitely focused on off ice training. I think he (Voda) just understood what I needed to do and what I have to
work on. As weird as it sounds, he was the best thing that could have happened
to me this summer. I worked on my legs every single day. Every day it was something
different. It was never the same, it never got boring, it was always different
drills, different everything, he was always being creative,” explained Draisaitl.

Let’s go into specifics, I asked. What did you work on specifically?

“Everything. I did one leg squat, heavy squat, lunges, step
up on boxes with weights, hill sprints, coordination stuff and quick feet
training with and without weights. My legs burned some days, but the next day he’d find a new way to challenge me. The one-legged squats really helped,” Draisaitl continued.
WORK ETHIC…

Draisaitl focused mainly on his lower body, although they did back and chest the odd day to rest his legs.
He wasn’t skating in the first few months of the summer, but he was confident his training was working and he was getting stronger.
“I could tell just from my legs,” said Draisaitl as he pointed to his bulging quads. ” They were way bigger. My
weight kept going up. I was able to run more hill springs, do more one-leg squats with
heavier weight and I just kept progressing which is what you want in the
summer.”

Draisaitl’s work in summer pays off in November and December

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-14_12-20-30.png

Reactions: kevsavard95