Post-Game Talk: Jesperi Kotkaniemi finally smiles as he scores 2! Habs win 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
How is the long term vision compromised when most of our core is 25 or less and we have the likes of Poehling, Brook, Romanov, Ylonen, Suzuki, Fleury, Primeau and 9 picks this draft coming our way??

I meant that historically, MB is reactionary and does not plan properly. Even this rebuild strategy was backed into on an assward basis after he failed to get Tavares or Stastny to sign or Buffalo to trade us Ryan O'Reilly.

In 2016, he swung and missed on Milan effing Loocheek long-term, then in 2017 he gave Price an 8 year deal.

No way is this guy a rebuilder at heart.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I meant that historically, MB is reactionary and does not plan properly. Even this rebuild strategy was backed into on an assward basis after he failed to get Tavares or Stastny to sign or Buffalo to trade us Ryan O'Reilly.

In 2016, he swung and missed on Milan effing Loocheek long-term, then in 2017 he gave Price an 8 year deal.

So many bad moves

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

My man, MB is DUMB. If it wasn't for his connections and friends he would literally be in the streets selling candys.

Enjoy:

marc-bergevin-26-ans.jpg

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
They are generating offense despite him. He’s far from being extremely solid offensively. Ask Radulov if Danault has any business in the top 6.

I have to agree with the other dude here. I remember playing with a guy named David a decade ago. He reminds me so much of Danault. Anyway, let me make a breakdown of his game and you tell me if it reminds you of Danault or not.

First of all, the guy was a hard worker and had a legit elite cardio. He could do a 1m20 shift full speed, come back to the bench and be ready to go 20 seconds after (while I was still trying to recover). On the boards and forecheck, he was relentless. He won around 80% of his puck battle simply with his combativity. He had an ok shot (nothing out of the ordinary) and an ok pass. However, he had tunnel vision offensively and that was a bit frustrating at times. He could read the play very well, however, half of the time he could not see (or didn’t have the hockey IQ) to see his teammates in the offensive zone all the time, which resulted in a couple of plays killed by his tunnel vision every game. Interesting enough, we always put up a similar production. I could read the play well, he could not, but his relentless forechecking, defensive reads and his ability to win puck battles made him one of my favorite player to play with in my entire life and that leads me to believe that both Gallagher and Tatar much enjoy playing with him.

It’s a weird chimestry, but trust me when I say that players like that are worth gold for teammates and everyone wants to play with them, even with their blatant offensive weakness.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I loved Ovies face when he was complaining to the ref that someone lifted his stick on that Washington rush late in the game! What a frickin baby. I guess you can’t play defence anymore in this league?

Reactions: Lycanthrope

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Good points....don’t think it was a bad thing going for Tavares though, could you imagine if he didn’t and Tavares then came out and said that he had interest in coming here.

He’s made some mistakes, that’s for sure, but it hasn’t been downright disastrous like some posters are trying to spin it. At times it was pretty bad, and at times it was great.

Now we have a competitive team that’s completely his just like last years poor team that was his......I’m giving credit where credit is due.....it’s not an outright win so far, but it sure as hell isnt a speed of sound nosedive

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Been saying the same lately.

He plays a perfect game, every shift. He scores purely from smarts, strength and exemplary preparation. Hes a model player and if every guy had his smarts, wed have some guys putting up ppg,

My only criricism, and it's mostly moot due to his blue paint success, is that he should use his shot more. He scored a lot of his Giants goals from shots from the slot. He still holds that team's career record for goals and points.

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

How exactly are those guys impeding the so-called rebuild?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I have to agree with the other dude here. I remember playing with a guy named David a decade ago. He reminds me so much of Danault. Anyway, let me make a breakdown of his game and you tell me if it reminds you of Danault or not.

First of all, the guy was a hard worker and had a legit elite cardio. He could do a 1m20 shift full speed, come back to the bench and be ready to go 20 seconds after (while I was still trying to recover). On the boards and forecheck, he was relentless. He won around 80% of his puck battle simply with his combativity. He had an ok shot (nothing out of the ordinary) and an ok pass. However, he had tunnel vision offensively and that was a bit frustrating at times. He could read the play very well, however, half of the time he could not see (or didn’t have the hockey IQ) to see his teammates in the offensive zone all the time, which resulted in a couple of plays killed by his tunnel vision every game. Interesting enough, we always put up a similar production. I could read the play well, he could not, but his relentless forechecking, defensive reads and his ability to win puck battles made him one of my favorite player to play with in my entire life and that leads me to believe that both Gallagher and Tatar much enjoy playing with him.

It’s a weird chimestry, but trust me when I say that players like that are worth gold for teammates and everyone wants to play with them, even with their blatant offensive weakness.
Just stop, Danault is a 3rd or 4th line center, no one with top 6 skill wants to play with him.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I wonder how many realize that the Leafs have had two straight seasons of making the playoffs and losing in the first round. Some of the wise men around here, if they were consistent, would suggest they try to tank this year.

Who ?

From reading this place for a while now, I know many would ask Dubas to fix the issues they have because they have a potential contending core.

So, who are you talking about ?

Reactions: groovejuice

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
2nd last minute clutch goal at the end of the game already this season. His heart brakers for the other team.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Just stop, Danault is a 3rd or 4th line center, no one with top 6 skill wants to play with him.

That’s the beauty of Danault. He’s an elite 3rd liner who can fill on the 2nd line if there’s some injuries. In a perfect world, here’s the contribution of a C depth that can compete with anyone in the league:

#1C 75+ points
#2C 50-55 points
#3C 30-35 points
#4C 10-15 points

I think Danault is somewhere in the “middle C depth”

Reactions: Redux91

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Anyone notice how angry Holtby was getting with Hudon each time he was crashing the net? Even led to Domi almost scoring that goal (before KK and Domi scored) because he tried to push Hudon as he was skating by that he put himself out of position... Good to see people other than Gallagher getting under the skin of the goalies!

Hudon annoyed Holtby? Well, that's something for someone with the potential to become the 17th highest scorer on the team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gotta say the Habs future is looking very good. The team is super young and they have one of the best prospect pools in the league with the center position being especially deep. If they can get a gem or two this draft then watch out.
How is the long term vision compromised when most of our core is 25 or less and we have the likes of Poehling, Brook, Romanov, Ylonen, Suzuki, Fleury, Primeau and 9 picks this draft coming our way??

I hope we've learned some lessons and look for a better balanced team. We will need size that can skate and handle the puck if we hope to compete for the cup.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
When this kids testicules drop and his voice loses a couple of decibels, he’s gonna be a 6’3 dominating beast.....he, Domi and Poehling will dominate or compete down the middle.

I think they've descended already. When an opponent tried to intimidate him with some rough stuff last night, he pushed back without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad