Post-Game Talk: Jesperi Kotkaniemi finally smiles as he scores 2! Habs win 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Danault will never get even to 60 pts since he doesn't play much on the PP (with cause, since he wouldn't be good).

But the year he played with Radulov and Max, he had virtually the same production as Radulov at ES.

And last year, he was a better ES scorer than Max while playing less.

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Preach it! Danault is an unheralded two-way hero. A versatile player who plays the same smart and relentless brand of hockey whoever his linemates are and whichever line he is put on.

In the world of HF where the shiny and new prevails, guys like Lehkonen are continually praised, while a guy like Danault who is a better player on the ice, showcases a quiet leadership off the ice and is only 2 years older is said to be inadequate.

This isn't a knock on Lekhonen, whom I love and I consider to be just as valuable as Danault. It just shows how weird this place gets at times in the appreciation of hockey players and what they actually accomplish when you go past preconceived ideas and weird notions.
Even Lehkonen is not getting the deserved praise IMO...

Casual fans will usually notice flashy plays and get in love with those players but it's still weird that on a hockey forum where the game knowledge and interpretation should be higher, we witness the same thing...

Armia is the new target...

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They just added Tavares and are missing Nylander. I don't know that their record of the last 2 years matter all that much.
I agree with you, just pointing out the inconsistencies in the stories of the "must finish at bottom" group of posters.

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What narrative would that be? They haven't had good starts and then collpsed into obscurity?

You're just nitpicking to boost your preposterous unwavering support of Bergevin.
It happened once, my friend! But you guys managed to create this myth that it's some sort of inevitable karma or something...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They just added Tavares and are missing Nylander. I don't know that their record of the last 2 years matter all that much.
I wanna see a Leafs/Lightning showdown where Lightning just spank the bejesus out of them........TAKE THAT LEAF NATION......

giphy.gif

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It happened once, my friend! But you guys managed to create this myth that it's some sort of inevitable karma or something...

You're saying that under Bergevin the team has only had a good start and then collapsed once?

Or just that most of the bad seasons were crappy from the get-go?

I don't believe it's inevitable - just far more likely under Bergevin. I still root for the team every game, just not the GM any longer. There was a time when I thought he'd be great. Regrettably that hasn't been the case.

I truly admire your loyalty to the man, even if I believe he's undeserving of fans like you..

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You're saying that under Bergevin the team has only had a good start and then collapsed once?

Or just that most of the bad seasons were crappy from the get-go?

I don't believe it's inevitable - just far more likely under Bergevin. I still root for the team every game, just not the GM any longer. There was a time when I thought he'd be great. Regrettably that hasn't been the case.

I truly admire your loyalty to the man, even if I believe he's undeserving of fans like you..

My loyalty for the man?

That's what I don't understand, to be honest... I don't care about Bergevin, I mean I'm not in love with him or something...

He's the GM for me and that's it.

But for some of you around here, it seems to be a personal thing...

Reactions: Habby4Life

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
When Byron is back I hope they put him on the 4th line and scratch deslauriers.
Our 4th line has been brutal offensively and defensively since Hudon left, and Byron could help it out a lot

Reactions: Simarino

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Love that stellar goaltending by Holtby!! lol

Price with the big FU to HF board haters!! lol

Nice to see the guys score some goals especially Koko!!!
I don’t think there are many authentic “Price haters” on here, just those of us who want to see him play up to his talent and earn his (huge) salary.
I thought Arizona fans were just being nice when they said Domi would be a fan favourite. Wow. He's so good. So fun to watch.
I’m very happy but not really surprised man. I follow the O very closely.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Suzuki

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
My loyalty for the man?

That's what I don't understand, to be honest... I don't care about Bergevin, I mean I'm not in love with him or something...

He's the GM for me and that's it.

But for some of you around here, it seems to be a personal thing...

I have no ill will for anyone on this board. Are you defending his moves then not because you like him, but because he's an agent of the team?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
When Byron is back I hope they put him on the 4th line and scratch deslauriers.
Our 4th line has been brutal offensively and defensively since Hudon left, and Byron could help it out a lot
Byron instantly makes any line better. He is such a valuable winger.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I have no ill will for anyone on this board. Are you defending his moves then not because you like him, but because he's an agent of the team?

I actually agree with the majority of his moves can you imagine? It has nothing to do with Bergevin the "Macho Man" , it's Bergevin the GM for me...

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The next Aleksander Barkov, i call it at draft and now he looks so promising. Rookie season Barkov : 54 games, 8 goals, 16 assists, 24 points. Kotkaniemi now 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points in 12 games.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
What narrative would that be? They haven't had good starts and then collpsed into obscurity?

You're just nitpicking to boost your preposterous unwavering support of Bergevin.

My point was that they had only one year where you could consider it a real collapse after a good start.

The larger point however, that I agree with, is that they have never really been as good as their torrential starts indicate.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
So why does he get so little PP time.
Ahem, I suggested it last week did I not :) Clode needs to keep reading our forum with his morning coffe.

For the Finnish line, this is just the beginning!
Fear the Finns should be their motto.

Man did Hudon look good tonight
I really don’t want to see him out of the lineup. He makes things happen.

Skating still is a concern though. With even NHL mean speed he'd be a lot better.
This is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DAChampion

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Watching the highlights again

Man Kotka is the very reason for his own goal, in our own zone he's the one who creates the takeaway + hit, and goes on to score

one could also argue tho that the 4th washington goal is his fault mostly lol, little lackadaisical in the D zone

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
My point was that they had only one year where you could consider it a real collapse after a good start.

The larger point however, that I agree with, is that they have never really been as good as their torrential starts indicate.

I've always said the thing I hated most about the MB/MT years was exactly that. Those teams never got better as the season progressed. The exception perhaps the year we landed Vanek at the TDL. I think our team is much the same this year we seem prepared to pay the price to bank points but we have to give it our all. Teams like the Pens and Caps who know what 16 wins in May/June requires can play loose and easy and still bank points looking to peak at the right time.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I actually agree with the majority of his moves can you imagine? It has nothing to do with Bergevin the "Macho Man" , it's Bergevin the GM for me...

I can imagine. I never thought your invariable support was about his testosterone. But the man's decisions are directly linked to his personality, as is the case with all people in all occupations, so making a distinction is somewhat curious.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->