Post-Game Talk: Jesperi Kotkaniemi finally smiles as he scores 2! Habs win 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
@NobleSix It's not me my friend! But let's support this guy!

I know maybe some of his opinions will not be really appreciated around here but the guy is pretty decent!

He's clearly putting a ton of effort into his videos and emanates a ton of positivity!

Can this community support this guy please? Let's get our Steve Dangle!

Go Habs Go! Woooooooo

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
My point was that they had only one year where you could consider it a real collapse after a good start.

The larger point however, that I agree with, is that they have never really been as good as their torrential starts indicate.

I get that random influences, like injuries, can derail a good run. My main issue is that besides rearranging players in the lineup like furniture in one's summer home, there weren't often any other corrections to get back in the game.

Thanks for correcting my initial post. I thought it was more than once where they looked great at the start but finished in the toilet.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Watching the highlights again

Man Kotka is the very reason for his own goal, in our own zone he's the one who creates the takeaway + hit, and goes on to score

one could also argue tho that the 4th washington goal is his fault mostly lol, little lackadaisical in the D zone
I noticed that too, but the entire line missed their assignments

What's refreshing about the team this year and the coaching staff...

is that a mistake like that, in the past, we would have never seen Kotkaniemi on the ice again.

In fact, I find it pretty crazy that CJ had him out for a Dzone draw vs the Caps top line - sure they scored shortly after, but Kotkaniemi also scored the tying goal.

Reactions: Redux91

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I can imagine. I never thought your invariable support was about his testosterone. But the man's decisions are directly linked to his personality, as is the case with all people in all occupations, so making a distinction is somewhat curious.

Another myth...

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Domi is such a gamer, holly crap. Pressure pumps him up like crazy. He feeds on it, feeds on the crowd. He's gonna be our Dale Hunter.

I say that cause as a Habs fan I remember what Hunter did to us.
Your avatar looks like Coconut lmao! Seriously!

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I actually agree with the majority of his moves can you imagine? It has nothing to do with Bergevin the "Macho Man" , it's Bergevin the GM for me...

Funny that you say that cuz, i happen to also agree with the majority of his moves.....well, atleast i feel less alone now

:laugh:

Reactions: Habby4Life

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I loved Ovies face when he was complaining to the ref that someone lifted his stick on that Washington rush late in the game! What a frickin baby. I guess you can’t play defence anymore in this league?
Ya I agree. Ovie’s cool though, big ♥️. My cousin’s son is handicapped and they got invited to a figs game. Figs hardly payed attention to him while Ovie did big time. I’ve heard others say the same as well.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
There's a ton of us out there, it just happens that the negative nancies army managed to just take over this board, unfortunately...

I agree with you both. The only move I really disliked was the Weber trade. Not because of trading Subban but I thought in that circumstance it should have been for a younger player or a mix of players/picks. Otherwise, this team is heading in the right direction. Keep working hard, and stocking the cupboards, it will pay off.

I am curious what they will do when Weber & Schlemko are back. IMO, Benn to the minors, Xavier to the pressbox, and try to find another home for Alzner.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hahahaha.

I've been getting meme's and other "fun" stuff from friends who are Laff fans since early September.....September!

Last two weeks I've been just sending intermittent screenshots of the standings every now and then.

Feels good man.

01578acc1883b45a41ccadde6be67853--hockey-teams-toronto-maple-leafs.jpg
Man I’d pony up for that shirt. Fig fans can be so obnoxious despite their half century drought.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Kotkaniemi is going to be a special player. His IQ is very, very high and even if he doesn't produce at an elite level, the way he tilts the ice and controls the play will help us for years. Imagine this guy with some weight on his frame, he could even get a little taller maybe.

Reactions: Redux91

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Do you even know his personality? Give me a break man... Your food looks great and you should probably stick to it...

Do you believe he's pretending to be someone else?!?!?!?
Thanks for the passive aggressive backhanded compliment!
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
There's a ton of us out there, it just happens that the negative nancies army managed to just take over this board, unfortunately...
Well the team was in a pretty negative state. Now it’s fun to watch again, but nothing will forgive the misery he put us threw. He’s gotta go.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
My loyalty for the man?

That's what I don't understand, to be honest... I don't care about Bergevin, I mean I'm not in love with him or something...

He's the GM for me and that's it.

But for some of you around here, it seems to be a personal thing...

People hate Bergevin for one of two reasons, or both.

The first reason is because they’re naturally Subban fanatics, first and foremost. Meaning they’re a fan of Subban before they’re a fan of the Habs. When he got traded, it was instant hate for Bergevin, and the Habs association.

Second, Bergevin is unorthodox in his style and approach regarding the executive position. He’s fashion orientated, and apparently for some, a good GM means looking and acting like an accountant. Either they have a discriminatory sense of what an “executive” should look and act like, or they’re simply jealous of him, because he of his swag and looks.

You hit the nail on the head, the hate is definitely personal. Most haters don’t restrict their damming of him solely related to his decisions but they attack his entirety and go beyond what’s normal. It’s an obsessive hatred of his character, honestly I think it warrants a trip to a shrink; I don’t see how you can hate someone that much without even knowing them personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad