Post-Game Talk: Jesperi Kotkaniemi finally smiles as he scores 2! Habs win 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Impressive comeback win against best team in NHL. Domi, Koktaniemi, Tatar, Armia.

Those that criticize Bergevin how do you like him now!!

I like him just the same as I did before (which is not at all). :nod:

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely loving what I see from the Habs this year so far, and Bergevin deserves full credit and praise for what we are seeing. Great job so far. Just like he deserves full credit and criticism when he doesn't...you can't have it both ways.

So when I look at this...as far as Bergevin is concerned....it is is one month out of 6 seasons, and that's not enough for me yet. Loving or hating the GM is not mutually exclusive to loving or hating on this team. They are two separate things, yet interconnected with each contributing to others success.

This year? I Love this team, love the coaching right now, love the hiring, love the trades / signings, love the draft and absolutely fricken love the team identity and how we are playing. And much praise to Bergy for everything so far, but I hate the guy and want him gone.

If we're still doing this in March, lets have a chat then.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I like him just the same as I did before (which is not at all). :nod:

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely loving what I see from the Habs this year so far, and Bergevin deserves full credit and praise for what we are seeing. Great job so far. Just like he deserves full credit and criticism when he doesn't...you can't have it both ways.

So when I look at this...as far as Bergevin is concerned....it is is one month out of 6 seasons, and that's not enough for me yet. Loving or hating the GM is not mutually exclusive to loving or hating on this team. They are two separate things, yet interconnected with each contributing to others success.

This year? I Love this team, love the coaching right now, love the hiring, love the trades / signings, love the draft and absolutely fricken love the team identity and how we are playing. And much praise to Bergy for everything so far, but I hate the guy and want him gone.

If we're still doing this in March, lets have a chat then.

We still don't know if it's actually Bergevin making the acquisitions. He himself alluded to the fact that he might not be.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
No! You should stop! Your Danault hate makes no sense!

Tatar and Gallagher are on pace for career years! I'm pretty sure they are able to appreciate Danault's dirty work out there!
They are succeeding despite Danault. He should be doing his “dirty work” on the 3rd line where he belongs. I’m not hating on him, I’m being realistic.

Reactions: BLONG7

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
That’s the beauty of Danault. He’s an elite 3rd liner who can fill on the 2nd line if there’s some injuries. In a perfect world, here’s the contribution of a C depth that can compete with anyone in the league:

#1C 75+ points
#2C 50-55 points
#3C 30-35 points
#4C 10-15 points

I think Danault is somewhere in the “middle C depth”
No, he barely was able to crack 40 points playing with Radulov and Max.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
The leafs were supposed to go 75-5 , with Tavares. They forgot about fixing that awful blueline and injuries though, and a suspect goalie.

Hahahaha.

I've been getting meme's and other "fun" stuff from friends who are Laff fans since early September.....September!

Last two weeks I've been just sending intermittent screenshots of the standings every now and then.

Feels good man.

01578acc1883b45a41ccadde6be67853--hockey-teams-toronto-maple-leafs.jpg

Reactions: Lycanthrope

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
They would rather play with an offensive center, just stop.

You might be ignoring the fact that both Gallagher and Tatar are on the best sequences of their careers playing with this guy. He's not an "offensive center" but he's allowed them to play their game, he's great along the boards, he's given them space and breathing room defensively too. He's not the ideal 2nd line center but there's no reason why Gallagher and Tatar wouldn't want to play with him.

Does it really seem like he's hurting their offense? Gallagher is on a 60 goal pace by the way.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Incredible game...Kotka's 2 goals and the finish...Habs are 7-3-2? Who would've thought..

It's a very good record. But I don't forget that they've recently had other, even better starts, and then rolled over and played dead. I hope that won't be the case this season.

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They are succeeding despite Danault. He should be doing his “dirty work” on the 3rd line where he belongs. I’m not hating on him, I’m being realistic.
What games are you even watching man? Or are you even watching the games FFS?

Just last night!

The no offensive skill Danault enters the zone in control of the puck and then makes a move on Carlson, Kempny wacks at the puck in desperation because Carlson was beaten and it ends up on Tatar's stick he passes it to Gallagher and the puck is in the net!

The second goal of that line, Danault intercepts the puck in the neutral zone quickly passes it to Gally and then the goal occurs!

You're clearly seeing what you want to see IMO. Whatever honestly...

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What did he say? Maybe Molson is actually a genius GM :sarcasm:

I don't recall his exact words but he was replying to a question around the time of the offseason purge of managers and coaches. He implied that all the decisions were no longer his.

Perhaps someone else can remember the specifics.

Reactions: David Suzuki

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I was at the game yesterday, close to the ice, and one of the observation i have is Hudon is very slow. I would like to, but i’m not sure he will improve this team that much. I prefer Byron long term.

Yes, Hudon is slow. Francois Gagnon take note.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Don't you dare destroy the narrative!

What narrative would that be? They haven't had good starts and then collpsed into obscurity?

You're just nitpicking to boost your preposterous unwavering support of Bergevin.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Even if they are producing despite Danault (I'm half and half on that) it's probably all the reason to keep them with Danault. If Kotka can start producing it would give us more balance to keep the lines as they are. Gally could score 30 with Pyatt and Kostopolous for linemates. I think Kotka Lehkonen and Byron could possibly put up points. I'm confident Lehkonen will get it going sooner than later and Kotka would likely be the one he'd be best to do that with.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Just last night!

The no offensive skill Danault enters the zone in control of the puck and then makes a move on Carlson, Kempny wacks at the puck in desperation because Carlson was beaten and it ends up on Tatar's stick he passes it to Gallagher and the puck is in the net!

The second goal of that line, Danault intercepts the puck in the neutral zone quickly passes it to Gally and then the goal occurs!

You're clearly seeing what you want to see IMO. Whatever honestly...
Danault is super underrated around here. He's a very good third line center imo. Great defensively and surprisingly skilled and fast. He's not gonna light the lamp but he's a far better player than Eller ever was for the habs and Eller was loved around here for some reason. A defensively responsible 3C who can put up around 40 pts a year is a great asset to have. Basically Pleky light.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal

Just last night!

Preach it! Danault is an unheralded two-way hero. A versatile player who plays the same smart and relentless brand of hockey whoever his linemates are and whichever line he is put on.

In the world of HF where the shiny and new prevails, guys like Lehkonen are continually praised, while a guy like Danault who is a better player on the ice, showcases a quiet leadership off the ice and is only 2 years older is said to be inadequate.

This isn't a knock on Lekhonen, whom I love and I consider to be just as valuable as Danault. It just shows how weird this place gets at times in the appreciation of hockey players and what they actually accomplish when you go past preconceived ideas and weird notions.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
4th liner is harsh, he's really good enough for the top 6, but not on a contender, and thats what were tryna build here, so he shouldn't be on the 2nd line.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about him.

I mean it's okay to say he's a 3C on an elite team and still be able to like the guy right?

For where the team is right now, it's fine to have him where he is, but that will eventually have to change as the expectations rise.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Danault is super underrated around here. He's a very good third line center imo. Great defensively and surprisingly skilled and fast. He's not gonna light the lamp but he's a far better player than Eller ever was for the habs and Eller was loved around here for some reason. A defensively responsible 3C who can put up around 40 pts a year is a great asset to have. Basically Pleky light.

He's more than a third line center IMO.

But if Domi can keep this crazy play/pace up and Kotka reach his potential! Watch out, bitches! :laugh:

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder how many realize that the Leafs have had two straight seasons of making the playoffs and losing in the first round. Some of the wise men around here, if they were consistent, would suggest they try to tank this year.

They just added Tavares and are missing Nylander. I don't know that their record of the last 2 years matters all that much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad