Post-Game Talk: Jerts Wern ern Rergurlertion! | 4-1 Victory.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Did anyone notice in Noel's presser during one of Lawless's really long winded questions (ok they are all long winded) Noel made some really weird hand jester in his direction (maybe not to him) but Noel brought his hand up and open and closed it about 5 times almost as if to say yap yap??

Was he chirping Gary.....if so bravo?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thought Carolina played well offensively and generated lots of chances but maybe they played a bit too open given their injuries on D and 3rd string goalie no?

Pavs was brilliant.....swap goalies and the Canes win

Cormier Was noticible (not just the fight) he played with more pace and more edge.....keep that up lad.

LLW were all over the Canes and could have had about 3 points each with a few bounces.....it is sick how well they play together and when Toby and Buff are out there with them at the same time they are even better.

What a breath of fresh air to have our top 4 D all playing a game :handclap:. shout out to Toby our 1st unit on the PP looks a million times better with him on it. He just really knows how to force positive movement on the unit in the O zone. He never remains static. I echo what Noel has been begging him for......Keep shooting the puck more because you are accurate and it will open up room for Buff.

Did anyone notice Antro's screen on Toby's goal?? The goalie didn't have a hope!

Mitts works ok with Kane....he always goes to the net which creates room

the Negociators hit on Skinner was one of the hardest of the game

Good to see kane break out of his point scoring slump.......his effort and compete level has been off the charts this year.

Burmi got lots of ice time (yes a lead helps) and I thought Hnidy was right saying it was his best game since he has been back in the line up.

Good team effort and much needed win

Oh yea...said it once but I'll say it again.....Pavs was a total beast

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Thought Carolina played well offensively and generated lots of chances but maybe they played a bit too open given their injuries on D and 3rd string goalie no?

Pavs was brilliant.....swap goalies and the Canes win

I hear what you're saying, but that's a classic trap mentality -- ANY team can beat any other team in retrospect if you allow a one-way swap of their best players that night.

Okay, so you can swap goalies, but I want to swap Little for Skinner. Do the Canes still win?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It actually made me late for a consultation with a new client at the gym. I was getting ready and suddenly the idea of that facial expression molded with the ermahgerd girl popped into my head. I then decided it was ok that I be a few minutes late at the expense of that picture being made.

Priorities. Props. :nod:

EDIT: to add a bit of content...

Echo'ing ps241's comment about Burmi, I thought he had a very effective, and SIMPLE game. Pucks in deep, hard to the net, shoot. Y'know: the stuff that Noel has been on him about for a year and a bit now? ;) Good to see. He logged 15:40 last night.

Last edited:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
This just made my morning. Go dancing banana :banana: !

stash-1-5284feab5ac9445e.gif

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Did anyone notice in Noel's presser during one of Lawless's really long winded questions (ok they are all long winded) Noel made some really weird hand jester in his direction (maybe not to him) but Noel brought his hand up and open and closed it about 5 times almost as if to say yap yap??

I sure noticed the same thing, I wonder...... Scott Brown should just tell Lawless that he can't ask anymore freakin questions.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I sure noticed the same thing, I wonder...... Scott Brown should just tell Lawless that he can't ask anymore freakin questions.

i missed that, was it a "usual" gary question? You know, "here's my uhh, the thing is, uhh, <my opinion> is something that <further explanation of my opinion> uhh, don't you think?"

those drive me nuts. The point of asking questions is not to prove to whoever that you know what your talking about by getting the professionals endorsement on your viewpoints.

drives me nuts when he asks those questions.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
i missed that, was it a "usual" gary question? You know, "here's my uhh, the thing is, uhh, <my opinion> is something that <further explanation of my opinion> uhh, don't you think?"

those drive me nuts. The point of asking questions is not to prove to whoever that you know what your talking about by getting the professionals endorsement on your viewpoints.

drives me nuts when he asks those questions.

He asked two or three of those in a row. Noel looked irritated. Does TNSE not see how dumb this moron is.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

Yes! I saw that!

It all makes sense now. :laugh:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
/twiches uncontrollably

hey, its fun for the rest of us ;)

those games have been really good, i'd love to see a playoff berth against them, really throw fuel on the fire....a fire that will never be rekindle until we both somehow make the final..

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
I think Noel deserves some props for this game. The Jets played hard, even paced hockey and never let up. They wanted it much more than Carolina. Toby has been integrated seamlessly back into the line-up. This was a big, big game. Jets go from a team that many people were waiting to see fold to the clear (SE) front runner.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really nice to see the team come out and play right off the bat. LLW doing their thing again, and I agree with the masses that have to wonder how good Kane could be if he actually had linemates and not two anchors strapped to him.

Speaking of Kane, Gump said it best when he called him our hardest working player this year. Seems like every game he's been working his butt off, skating up and down the ice. Garret's zone entries seem to indicate how important Kane has been. I never understood the negativity surrounding him before, but you sure don't hear much negative about him lately. I've been impressed with his last few interviews, and not that it matters, but it seems like the hair police can take a break as I don't think I've seen any new initials shaved into his head.

Pavs has been brilliant for us as well. The Pavs of the 1st 10-12 games and the one after seem like totally different people. Would love to see the stat breakdowns on how good he has been after the rough start.

Loved seeing all 4 of our top 4 D together in a game. Hope Toby keeps shooting the puck because earlier it seemed like with everything always going through Buff that teams were keying on that. If Toby is willing to shoot more, that should open things up a bit. But please Noel, can you take Olli off the point on the PP? Yikes.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
More than any two players combined. That's part why I've come to realise that a setup man won't improve Kane much... but a guy who can take advantage of the huge amounts of offense Kane creates by getting infront of the net fast... Antro with speed.

Wright?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think it's the speed/physicality combo. Kane's not afraid of getting hit and throwing his own weight around. That's why trying to line him up at the blue line doesn't always work either, you can't lay a big hit on him and make him fear it. He'll just keep coming the next time and possibly deke you. It's what sets him apart from other guys with speed like Michael Grabner.

I look at him a lot like Gareth Bale (a soccer player who plays for Tottenham) they're both highly skilled, but it's their lack of quit that sets them apart. Bale is a nightmare for defenders because he just never stops running (that and he's ridiculously skilled) and it's very similar to the way Kane plays, he's just full tilt up the ice whenever he can and it sets the d-men on their heels.

I'll take that one further..... Not only is Kane not afraid of getting hit or throwing hits, I think he loves it and thrives off of it.

In interviews his face lights up more talking about the physical side of the game than scoring goals!

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
wright's been gifted a bazillion chances/open nets and can't conver them.

James Wright is not the answer for Kane.

Exactly! IMO, Antro and Burmi might help with the whole line-mates for Kane situation. Burmi can get in the play with Kane for support and while they battle for puck possession BOOM Antro in front of the net for the rebounds. Look at the one goal that Antropov got. Turn over center ice, Kane full force into the zone and is first to shoot, all 3 crash the net for the rebound and bam, it resulted in a goal. Still waiting for the Kane-Antro-Burmi line to come back...

That being said, Kane has adapted well with Mitts and Jokinen. He seems to pass more since he is unable to get to the net without the opposition being all over him. Kane has been beast no matter what all season. Just awesome to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad