Post-Game Talk: Jerts Wern ern Rergurlertion! | 4-1 Victory.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
164693977.0_standard_730.0.jpg

love that expression from the crowd

Hey everyone,

Just finished all the Arctic Ice Hockey post-game stuff.
Game Recap
Regular old fashion, non-staty, game review.

Fenwick Report
Breakdown of individual players shot reports and their match-ups.

Zone Entry
Tracking the Jets' 5v5 zone entry-attempts and the results from successful zone entry.
New and randomly inspired by me :D

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
Har har!

How was it? TNSE getting some flak from animal right activists regarding booking the circus.

I'm not a fan of circuses, but I support animal slavery. So by that token, it was great. My sister got a batch of tickets and forgot to tell me she changed the date from wednesday to tuesday. I was a bit pissed off that I'd miss the game but it was playing on the big screen at the MTS Centre so I was ok. Had my radio going as well.

Seriously though, the animals did not really do anything all that special. Lions jumped for meat, Elephant walked around and showed how gentle it could be around humans, horses were horses, there were some baboons. There was nothing particularly abusive about it. Sure there are elephants that are abused in indonesia. But hell, even people are abused in indonesia so no matter what species you are what can ya do. Animal rights activists would ban the westminster dog show or pony rides at the ex if they could. And this circus wasn't really on a level higher than that.

Aside from the animals, there were some decent acrobatics. There was a chick who was pretty good with hula hoops, though for some reason she was doing her thing to Cotton Eyed Joe. I almost walked out right then and there but I listened to the Jets game on the radio instead and tried to tune it out. It's a shame, cause otherwise her routine was pretty cool.

I wouldn't have attended the circus if there weren't any animals. A circus without animals is a mockery of the word circus.

GodTukka*

Carolina loses on Saturday, they're sunk. End of story

The saving grace for the Jets is that no one really seems to be breaking through that log jam near the bottom of the standings so even if they were to somehow cough up the division lead they'd probably fall into 7th or 8th.

I wonder what kind of madhouse this city will be if they get to the playoffs...wasn't old enough to recall the series against Detroit before they left

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
164693977.0_standard_730.0.jpg

love that expression from the crowd

Hey everyone,

Just finished all the Arctic Ice Hockey post-game stuff.
Game Recap
Regular old fashion, non-staty, game review.

Fenwick Report
Breakdown of individual players shot reports and their match-ups.

Zone Entry
Tracking the Jets' 5v5 zone entry-attempts and the results from successful zone entry.
New and randomly inspired by me :D

sweet lord Kane's Zone entry

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The worst thing about Lawless is his incessant need to blow off whenever he's in the presence of any "big name" media figure - like he's everybody's favorite "crazy hard-partyin wild man best buddy." I get the feeling at times that Patterson would like to tell him to just shut the hell up for a while... :)

The worst part is that of each minute of an interview on 1290 he's involved in, 45 seconds is his heavy breathing, blathering on, then leaving a rhetorical statement for the interviewee to reply to.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Was gonna say... I remember him distinctly playing a good bit pk his rookie year. His aggressive nature benefits on it. That was one of the reasons I think Kane could be better then Kovy was in Atlanta.

Statistically he was your guys best PKer his rookie season.
The next season was Wheeler (who was also taken off the PK the first season in WPG)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I wonder what kind of madhouse this city will be if they get to the playoffs...wasn't old enough to recall the series against Detroit before they left

I was, and it was very anti-climactic in some ways. Not only because the Jets were on their way to Phoenix next season, but also because it was vs. a Red Wings team that just completed the most dominant regular season ever. Argh, makes me so mad just thinking about it, a win vs. the Mighty Ducks (who were completely eliminated) in the season finale and the Jets would've grabbed 4th seed and a first round matchup vs. a Leafs team that had been in free fall.

I can't imagine how crazy it will be across the city when they finally do make it. Might not be long before we find out. *crosses fingers*

GodTukka*

Not that i'm a Jets fan but anything positive for the city at large is good enough for me.

Instead of hearing about x person got stabbed/shot/assaulted every day on the news maybe we could generate a positive buzz for once

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Not that i'm a Jets fan but anything positive for the city at large is good enough for me.

Instead of hearing about x person got stabbed/shot/assaulted every day on the news maybe we could generate a positive buzz for once

Not so long as the Winnipeg Sun is one of two major newspapers in the city. I only read it for the sports news, now.

GodTukka*

Bah, i don't read either

I hate the Free Press for the sole fact they employ Gary Lawless (You jets fans should be happy to know i'm gunning to take his job once i start...and finish university) and the Sun may as well be a tabloid at this point

Oh and Randy Turner, **** that guy

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
lol @ TSN's That's Hockey Tonight. They had a list of tonights stats for 1st rounders and Evander doesn't make the list with 4 points. Brutal.

Diatidialga

Sep 13, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not a fan of circuses, but I support animal slavery. So by that token, it was great. My sister got a batch of tickets and forgot to tell me she changed the date from wednesday to tuesday. I was a bit pissed off that I'd miss the game but it was playing on the big screen at the MTS Centre so I was ok. Had my radio going as well.

Seriously though, the animals did not really do anything all that special. Lions jumped for meat, Elephant walked around and showed how gentle it could be around humans, horses were horses, there were some baboons. There was nothing particularly abusive about it. Sure there are elephants that are abused in indonesia. But hell, even people are abused in indonesia so no matter what species you are what can ya do. Animal rights activists would ban the westminster dog show or pony rides at the ex if they could. And this circus wasn't really on a level higher than that.

Aside from the animals, there were some decent acrobatics. There was a chick who was pretty good with hula hoops, though for some reason she was doing her thing to Cotton Eyed Joe. I almost walked out right then and there but I listened to the Jets game on the radio instead and tried to tune it out. It's a shame, cause otherwise her routine was pretty cool.

I wouldn't have attended the circus if there weren't any animals. A circus without animals is a mockery of the word circus.

The clown seemed to have drank a little to much, he kept ****ing up

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Really like that quote from Olli. "If you were in the dressing room before the game, you would have known we were going to win" is a good mentality to be able to find.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Sip misses watching 2 Jets games and they win both and even Jokinen and Antro score.

Should Sip stop following?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad