Post-Game Talk: Jerts Wern ern Rergurlertion! | 4-1 Victory.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
that was hockeys future. which is this websites, which is not published by actual scouts (is it? i could be wrong there)

It's fine to be critical, but you've made a bold, negative claim that goes against popular opinion, you will experience backlash. For example, trying to argue the world is flat in a modern geography class. Or arguing anything against the church in the middle ages.

Opinions against the grain always cause backlash...but they also can change the grain...

but i'm firmly with the church on this one.
Oh I expect backlash, though 9/10 (for the sake of this site maybe 7/10) are nothing more than sheeple hoping he turns out big because he was our first pick in 15 years.

Though, and my opinion is solely based on what I see as a hockey player, others and those who also scout (a good friend scouts for a WHL team) would pass him over in a heartbeat. Mediocrity we have enough of.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Oh I expect backlash, though 9/10 (for the sake of this site maybe 7/10) are nothing more than sheeple hoping he turns out big because he was our first pick in 15 years.

Though, and my opinion is solely based on what I see as a hockey player, others and those who also scout (a good friend scouts for a WHL team) would pass him over in a heartbeat. Mediocrity we have enough of.

Sheep? How about people that track his progress, watch him play, and base their opinion on that? Also sheep?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
ok those Cane posts are epic.

Guerzy are you familiar with this crew of posters from your former life?.......this stuff is freaking gold Jerry! :handclap:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
IMO that's pretty strange to project Scheif as a 3rd or 4th liner. Not really anything about his game suggests that he'd carve a niche in that role, in fact it's probably more likely that he'd bust and be a career tweener (read: not bloody likely).

Funny enough, 3rd liner is what I see as Couturier's downside.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If I had an ounce of talent I would do a Peanut butter sand GDT when we played the Canes saturday.

Savardian Spinarama

Grippin' 'n Grinnin'
Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg

So what specifically is he missing (taking into account he's 20 years old)? Just saying people are sheep because they project him as a 2C isn't really going to wash. What is it that you see that points to him not projecting out in the way other talent evaluators see it? What does your friend the scout say as well as the "others" you cite.

You say something is missing. What is the "something". I'm interested in knowing.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

We shall see.......a friend of our business who lives in the Newmarket area and scouts had the exact opposite opinion on draft night and it holds true to today for him. He said that night we didn't want Couturier because he is soft and Scheifele will be the better pro long term. We shall see ajmidd

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

well don't ge me wrong there splenty of sheeple, but most of the posters here are not that. they ahve closely followed him. Many ahve watched MANY barrie colts games. Most watched all of his subway/wjc games.

put it this way

those who are pro schiefele:
a large contingent of fans who are "sheeple"
a large contingent of fans who watched all wjc/super series junior games plus jets games
A large contingent of fans who watched all of the above + a lot of barrie games
almost all third party scouting sources(is there one that doesn'tsee him being a likely 2c/1c?)
at a bare minimum, 2 professional (NHL team) scouting sources (WPG/Carolina)
a contingent of fans who track his development against the historic development of other players who've produced similar statistics

those who are not:
a small selection of fans who are "black sheeple"
a very small selection of fans who've paid attention to him at all beyond his wjc/jets games
None (that i'm aware of) of the major third party scouting agencies/listings
No one that has looked at statistics objectively (as in, there is far more statistical evidence that he becomes more then a 3rd liner then there is that he doesn't)

So it would be wise of you to not assume that simply because your opinion is counter to the sheeple, that the sheeple are incorrect. The sheeple, though often idiotic/fan-love-induced drones(not an insult, its why we're "FANatics") actually have their opinion in line with the pro's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad