Post-Game Talk: Jerts Wern ern Rergurlertion! | 4-1 Victory.

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
Okay I don't know if this has been covered yet since I just got home, but what the living **** is that on Kane's left arm at about 2:04 of the TSN postgame interviews?

Edit: Okay, it's his finger. I need to go to bed.

teebanas

Feb 27, 2013
West St Paul MB
Er . Mer. Gherd. Even though I didn't make this thread I'm gonna take credit for the title cause' I feel like this all started from my Pre Game Thread :naughty:

....*justkidding*

I actually enjoyed watching this game besides the first like ..7 minutes . Hopefully we can MELT the PENGUINS win streak and send them SLIDING AWAY ON THEIR STOMACHS next game. (Get it cause' like melt.. As in ice, like what penguins live on, and since penguins slide on their stomachs, it's funny ?)

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Huh, there was an actual movie. Unrelated I assume.

1991-mcbain-poster1.jpg

bazaaa*

The clown seemed to have drank a little to much, he kept ****ing up

Think they said he was a local clown?
The whole idea was stupid though. Doing hand magic tricks where the closest person is 30ft from you, and majority 100+ ft away from you.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
More than any two players combined. That's part why I've come to realise that a setup man won't improve Kane much... but a guy who can take advantage of the huge amounts of offense Kane creates by getting infront of the net fast... Antro with speed.

Imagine a player with:
Good size
Solid straight line speed
A quick release wrister
Excellent 1 on 1 deking

Imagine this player is known to excel at gobbling rebounds and to be dangerous around the net.

Imagine this player is also an adept passer.

Hint:

His name is Scheifele

IF his game from junior carries forward that is. Too bad Scheifele isn't a lefty. Their would probably be some more opportunity for one timers if he was. :)

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Pretty impressive stuff. Defenders seem flat out horrified of his speed.

I think it's the speed/physicality combo. Kane's not afraid of getting hit and throwing his own weight around. That's why trying to line him up at the blue line doesn't always work either, you can't lay a big hit on him and make him fear it. He'll just keep coming the next time and possibly deke you. It's what sets him apart from other guys with speed like Michael Grabner.

I look at him a lot like Gareth Bale (a soccer player who plays for Tottenham) they're both highly skilled, but it's their lack of quit that sets them apart. Bale is a nightmare for defenders because he just never stops running (that and he's ridiculously skilled) and it's very similar to the way Kane plays, he's just full tilt up the ice whenever he can and it sets the d-men on their heels.

bazaaa*

I was, and it was very anti-climactic in some ways. Not only because the Jets were on their way to Phoenix next season, but also because it was vs. a Red Wings team that just completed the most dominant regular season ever. Argh, makes me so mad just thinking about it, a win vs. the Mighty Ducks (who were completely eliminated) in the season finale and the Jets would've grabbed 4th seed and a first round matchup vs. a Leafs team that had been in free fall.

I can't imagine how crazy it will be across the city when they finally do make it. Might not be long before we find out. *crosses fingers*

I was young when were in the playoffs last time, 14-15, young enough that my opinion could be slightly exaggerated. But it was one of my greatest memories growing up. I remember it was loud, much louder than it is now. I remember even the smallest hits, rub outs, anything, the crowd would go crazy. I remember standing up to cheer frequently.

I can't wait (hoping), the place will be so electric, I think it could help carry us past the first round, maybe more.

GodTukka*

That home ice advantage could be pivotal.

Like i said positive energy for the team = positive energy for the city.

Probably the only team we have here where you can say "Playoffs" and not get laughed at

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wow that was unreal! Had to leave when the Jets were down 1-0 in the first... was pretty worried. Went and won a championship :) come back and get to watch the victory! Pavs was amazing! So great to have Toby back (please stay healthy!)

I thought the Hurricanes played desperate and at the max level they could. This loss could be devastating for them. The Caps losing today makes me a lot less worried about them catching us.

Playoffs in Winnipeg will be absolutely INSANE.

I think the Jets will pick up some scoring on deadline day. I would actually be pretty happy if they got Ribeiro, though I don't think he's a TN kind of player.

stash-1-5284feab5ac9445e.gif

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
It's all you, bro. I laughed for 5 straight minutes when you posted that :)

It actually made me late for a consultation with a new client at the gym. I was getting ready and suddenly the idea of that facial expression molded with the ermahgerd girl popped into my head. I then decided it was ok that I be a few minutes late at the expense of that picture being made.

Puckschmuck*

My God, some of you are really night owls LOL

As for me, I just can't get to sleep.

GodTukka*

My God, some of you are really night owls LOL

As for me, I just can't get to sleep.

Yeah, i don't have a job atm and school doesn't start for me till the fall.

Never thought i'd say i wish i had less free time, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad