Jersey Tossing

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I don't think this team plays it's heart out. They're lazy, stupid, irresponsible, just like the organization itself. The Oilers are a joke. Nothing will change that but a complete organizational cleansing.

The last organizational cleansing of a Canadian Team where we saw tangible change happened in Montreal when Guy Carboneau (former Habs player), Bob Gainey (former Habs player) and Pierre Gauthier were all fired in basically on big sweep.

I know Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver flushed their management teams but they are more recent events and we haven't seen the net effect of the decisions from the newcomers.

I like to post this quote from that press conference whenever I can to remind people what championship caliber management sounds like.... not this political "darkest before dawn" crap we hear from the Oilers from time to time.

'This organization going forward must set its sights on competing for the game’s ultimate prize every season — and no lesser standard should be accepted.'
Geoff Molson, Canadiens owner and president (March 28th. 2012)

When someone up top ever decides to raise the bar and start to talk and take action like Molson did that day then we will be on the right track. Until then we are preached patience and process from the Oilers management while the impatient throw jerseys after every horrible loss.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I love it when Oiler players go in front of a camera and act like the battle flag their grandfathers fought under has been desecrated.

Here's a simple question lets say you work at RBC bank and some irate customer comes in and starts freaking out and throws an RBC calendar on the floor and walks on it screaming how TD is so much better.

The employees arnt going to care inside like their children have been offended. You think the bank teller is going to want to start a fight at how dare you defame our crest? However, the situation will be HUGELY embarrassing for all the other customers in there as well if it goes viral.

Thats what this Jersey tossing is all about. So please spare me this "hockey jersey is a holy object" BS.

The only reason the organization cares is because they are embarrassed the whole world is seeing what a joke of an organization it is so much so that people are throwing $200 jerseys on the ice.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I love it when Oiler players go in front of a camera and act like the battle flag their grandfathers fought under has been desecrated.

Here's a simple question lets say you work at RBC bank and some irate customer comes in and starts freaking out and throws an RBC calendar on the floor and walks on it screaming how TD is so much better.

The employees arnt going to care inside like their children have been offended. You think the bank teller is going to want to start a fight at how dare you defame our crest? However, the situation will be HUGELY embarrassing for all the other customers in there as well if it goes viral.

Thats what this Jersey tossing is all about. So please spare me this "hockey jersey is a holy object" BS.

The only reason the organization cares is because they are embarrassed the whole world is seeing what a joke of an organization it is so much so that people are throwing $200 jerseys on the ice.

As Messier said, the logo doesn't touch the floor. That's Mark Freaking Messier, not some scrub bank teller. When the second greatest Oiler (and arguably hockey player) of all time says it, it means something. I suggest you talk to him about this issue.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
As Messier said, the logo doesn't touch the floor. That's Mark Freaking Messier, not some scrub bank teller. When the second greatest Oiler (and arguably hockey player) of all time says it, it means something. I suggest you talk to him about this issue.

And normally I'd agree with this sentiment. Unfortunately, this organization, and many of the heartless, gutless, weak ass players to play here have desecrated this jersey more than throwing it on the ice ever could.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And normally I'd agree with this sentiment. Unfortunately, this organization, and many of the heartless, gutless, weak ass players to play here have desecrated this jersey more than throwing it on the ice ever could.

The Oilers of today do not override the Oilers of the past. Messier is more an Oiler than Hall and his little buddies could ever hope to be.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

There are people just as passionate about their bank teller job as Mark Messier is about their hockey team. The overwhelming majority of them fall into my example of no issue to RBC calander stomping and berating.

Also I dont see any Mark Messiers in this team. Just a lot of phonies that feign anger when they see that happen to the media and the truth is they are really embarrassed and humiliated not angry or offended at all.

Hockey is a job like any other. If the bank teller at RBC doesnt care some guy is throwing their calendar on the ground I dont get why people expect these jokers make such a big deal of it. Get rid of the salary cap and lets see how loyal they are to that sacred jersey.

Jersey throwing is a big deal only in the medias head. I bet the majority of hockey players are not offended by it at all. They are merely humiliated/embarrassed.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There are people just as passionate about their bank teller job as Mark Messier is about their hockey team. The overwhelming majority of them fall into my example of no issue to RBC calander stomping and berating.

Also I dont see any Mark Messiers in this team. Just a lot of phonies that feign anger when they see that happen to the media and the truth is they are really embarrassed and humiliated not angry or offended at all.

Hockey is a job like any other. If the bank teller at RBC doesnt care some guy is throwing their calendar on the ground I dont get why people expect these jokers make such a big deal of it. Get rid of the salary cap and lets see how loyal they are to that sacred jersey.

Jersey throwing is a big deal only in the medias head. I bet the majority of hockey players are not offended by it at all. They are merely humiliated/embarrassed.

I see his name in the rafters. Any RBC tellers you know with their names engraved in history?

And it's a big deal to the former Oilers. A lot of spent time talking about it at the reunion and how dumb it is.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

and yet his best bud on ice called the NJD's a "Mickey Mouse Organization"

Suggesting that respect, credit, are earned only and that if a team is pathetic any statement to that effect is fair game.

You can't reference Mess on this without referencing Gretz.

Oh, or is it only THIS sporting Oiler logo that is deemed to merit automatic respect and no other..

Seems to be a whole lot of inconsistency.

Also, it seems the rehashing of the Mark Messier story 25 years after the fact was purposeful. As if to say that this logo is special still and worthy of automatic respect. Just seemed odd how much focus that statement got in lieu of recent events. Like as in the current org using it to cut bait on any criticism.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I see his name in the rafters. Any RBC tellers you know with their names engraved in history?

And it's a big deal to the former Oilers. A lot of spent time talking about it at the reunion and how dumb it is.

It's disappointing they don't understand the reasoning behind it. Or that they don't care. Something is rotten in Oil Country, and it ain't the fans.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I guess the customer isn't always right...

Must be some selective kind of industry.

Oh well, jersey tosser wasn't the right tier anyway..

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
The problem I have with the jersey tossing is that it really seems like a ****** bag rich person thing to do. "I'm from oil-rich Alberta. If I'm not satisfied with the entertainment value, I'm throwing something worth hundreds of dollars on the ice".

I think it reflects bad on Alberta. I'd rather they throw waffles on the ice or something.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
I guess the customer isn't always right...

Must be some selective kind of industry.

Oh well, jersey tosser wasn't the right tier anyway..

That's kinda like saying a customer who walks into a store and starts tossing products on the floor is still right.

"The customer is always right" is only in place to make customers feel like they are important. Most of the time, they are wrong. And I work PT in customer service. The customer is always right when they are being respectful, not when being an asshat.

I'm not saying people are wrong for being unhappy with the team. But expecting that it's OK to do **** like throw the team's jersey on the ice after one game, is just silly. And yes, I am one of those people that count it as just one game, not however many games someone likes to imagine this all started with.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
and yet his best bud on ice called the NJD's a "Mickey Mouse Organization"

Suggesting that respect, credit, are earned only and that if a team is pathetic any statement to that effect is fair game.

You can't reference Mess on this without referencing Gretz.

Oh, or is it only THIS sporting Oiler logo that is deemed to merit automatic respect and no other..

Seems to be a whole lot of inconsistency.

Also, it seems the rehashing of the Mark Messier story 25 years after the fact was purposeful. As if to say that this logo is special still and worthy of automatic respect. Just seemed odd how much focus that statement got in lieu of recent events. Like as in the current org using it to cut bait on any criticism.

Youre absolutely right. Karma now dictates that the Oilers are the Micky Mouse organization. I look forward to Ben Scrivens skating around with a garbage can like a trophy when they snap their inevitable 10 game losing streak this season.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
I've thought about it and no longer take issue with it. I'm not sure the team will ever climb out of this poison era we are in even with the attempted fan messeges.The World is going to hell in a hand basket and nothing is sacred anymore. You won't catch me throwing one however. Paid to much for it 20 years ago and it has seen to much to just toss away.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
The problem I have with the jersey tossing is that it really seems like a ****** bag rich person thing to do. "I'm from oil-rich Alberta. If I'm not satisfied with the entertainment value, I'm throwing something worth hundreds of dollars on the ice".

I think it reflects bad on Alberta. I'd rather they throw waffles on the ice or something.

Thats part of the problem. Everyone here has so much money its a status symbol to say "i got season tickets X row X seat".

Doesnt matter how bad this team sucks companys and rich people want that as a talking point.

No way would we sell out every game and have a season ticket waiting list if this province had the economy of a Raleigh or Columbus.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Can one of the rich fans here please make an Eakins Oilers jersey and throw that on the ice when they lose next game?

Yanda

Apr 9, 2014
I wish I had the money to drive up to edmonton, buy a ticket and jersey just to be a flames fan and throw it on the ice. That would be divine...

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
How about every single Oilers fan next game just lights there jerseys on fire burning down Rexall? And Eakins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad