Jersey Tossing

Stat Guy

Aug 30, 2014
I think the team should toss me a jersey that is crested with "I watched all 60 minutes of the LA game"

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Mr. Stauffer called this guy a tool about 30 times on his show, kinda pissed me off to be honest. He even suggested the league do something about jersey tossers. This fan is trying to send a message, he bought his jersey and his ticket.

Other organizations roll heads over this kind of stuff, ours has their sellout mouthpiece insult fans on the radio. Screw Stauffer and his bosses. They should be grateful to all fans for supporting this failure of a team through all these years, for the new arena and all the merch and ticket sales. I don't even care that the 84 team was there, the jersey thrower might not have even been alive to watch that team anyway.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Throwing jerseys is so passe...

The cool kids throw burning voodoo effigies of the Oilers' 'brain trust'z

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
If I had season tickets I'd jus place a for sale sign on my seat. If u think getting Mcdavid ,which I hope and there's a very good chance that'll happen, will help transform this team into a Stanley cup contender u will be greatly disappointed . the morons in our front office are so good at what they're doing we're screwed no matter what. What Montreal did is exactly what this organization needs and I've been saying it for years. Look at our team right now , we have one player who shows up almost every night and can be proud of having on this team. I'll throw my jersey , obviously Katz doesn't care his team is turning into the laughing stock of the nhl so why should I . What a gong show. That won't happen though cause I jus don't waste my money to go anymore , I wish more fans would do the same and jus not go to games.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I'm throwing in the towel on this season. 3 games and it couldn't be more obvious. This lineup will not win 32 games. We are about to witness a virtual carbon copy of last year.

Tune out. Turn off. Drop out. For your own sanity.

Feb 9, 2013
Might be more effective.

A Moped thrown on Rexall's ice... that would be priceless. Granted, given that it is Alberta (Oil rich) and the Oilers, perhaps something less fuel efficient would be more fitting.

Here's to the fan that finds a way to get a Hummer II onto the ice. ;)

Oct 15, 2008
Mr. Stauffer called this guy a tool about 30 times on his show, kinda pissed me off to be honest. He even suggested the league do something about jersey tossers. This fan is trying to send a message, he bought his jersey and his ticket.

Other organizations roll heads over this kind of stuff, ours has their sellout mouthpiece insult fans on the radio. Screw Stauffer and his bosses. They should be grateful to all fans for supporting this failure of a team through all these years, for the new arena and all the merch and ticket sales. I don't even care that the 84 team was there, the jersey thrower might not have even been alive to watch that team anyway.

Send a message by not going to games, or watching them on tv.

Not by throwing jerseys in the ice.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
I'm throwing in the towel on this season. 3 games and it couldn't be more obvious. This lineup will not win 32 games. We are about to witness a virtual carbon copy of last year.

Tune out. Turn off. Drop out. For your own sanity.

Sorry to burst ur bubble bud but it's going to be even worse than last year. It's obvious Eakins has already lost the dressing room , doesn't know how to communicate with his players , and is completely delusional. It's sad when our best defenceman is Jeff petry , and he gets sat on top of that . Our next best D is playing in the minors. Our second line centre is an 18 year old kid , arcobello is an ahl player. Two backup goalies . eberle is in lala land or high , he's non-existent . What a disaster of a team

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think I have a solution for the pro and anti jersey throwers. Would anyone be okay with chucking a couple jerseys on the ice from the press box? With Eakins and Lowe in them?

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Which organizations do that?

Well, the leafs banned the waffle tosser. I'm fine with banning people for tossing things in protest onto the ice.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/01/27/charges_dropped_for_wafflethrowing_leafs_fan.html

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yah, that'll work. By giving Katz his excuse to move the team to Seattle.

Lmao. You actually fell for that veiled threat. The one that Katz himself walked back after being called on.

He operates an ATM of profit operating in monopoly conditions in Edmonton, selling snake oil for 8 years and still packing the joint. He's just been given the keys and all profit centres to a big shiny new edifice bought and paid for by the citizens of Edmonton.

NHL is a stone cold business wrapped in a feel good emotion of boosterism and played up for civic pride. If Katz were an emotion driven moron and bad business man, he would move this franchise to a super competitive sports market like Seattle and immediately flounder into second tier oblivion for fan, corporate and media attention. However he is not and sits on one of the best hockey monopoly markets within one of the affluent economies in North America. Dumb he is not.

Because this is a business and one that has not delivered any benefit to its customers in 8 years and little satisfaction over 25 years, I will side with jersey throwers who have paid hard earned money to be thoroughly frustrated by a lack of effort and results.

A little public shaming is the only tool left for some through which to demonstrate a complete and utter disillusionment with incompetence that in any other business would be taken behind the barn.

Fans have invested money, time and their heartfelt emotion behind this team only to be repeatedly let down. Meanwhile the owner and players thrive. So what if a few jerseys fired at moments of utter frustration hurts some feelings and twinges professional pride.

Might be different if the effort was there. But it is not unlike a mediocre Flamers team for one that
Is overmatched virtually all nights but work their ***** off to compete and not be embarrassed by better teams.

The Oilers are the laughingstock of the league. They have bigger problems than a few jerseys being thrown. But all is softened by the bottom line that drives this sports business. This was drilled home in two successive lockouts by owners and players alike,

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
If I had season tickets I'd jus place a for sale sign on my seat. If u think getting Mcdavid ,which I hope and there's a very good chance that'll happen, will help transform this team into a Stanley cup contender u will be greatly disappointed . the morons in our front office are so good at what they're doing we're screwed no matter what. What Montreal did is exactly what this organization needs and I've been saying it for years. Look at our team right now , we have one player who shows up almost every night and can be proud of having on this team. I'll throw my jersey , obviously Katz doesn't care his team is turning into the laughing stock of the nhl so why should I . What a gong show. That won't happen though cause I jus don't waste my money to go anymore , I wish more fans would do the same and jus not go to games.
Lol. I love you're idea of season ticket holders putting "for sale" signs up on their seats. I'd love to see the cameras catching a few shots of empty seats with those signs on them. I guess you could go to the game and if disgusted leave early and attach the sign before you walked out. Hope the cameras catch the signs before the arena staff remove them. Great new idea to embarrass the organization.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm kind of an outsider on this - even though I follow the Oilers quite a bit - but I think it's harmless.

Hockey is just a game, and falls under the category of entertainment. As long as people aren't throwing popcorn at me, I don't care if they do it while watching a terrible movie, play, concert, or whatever. They spent the money and they're taking the risk of being tossed out of the theatre. So how is hockey any different?

How is this any different than booing? It's a non-violent protest of the performance. This is what we're suppose to do as spectators, and what we've been doing for hundreds of years. People should embrace this form of protest over the riots or violent crimes we see in other sports.

Guys like Messier think they're more special than my birthday clown. They're entertainers, just the same. That's why the season opener called the coaches out individually, and had the players skate around lifting their sticks. The jersey I put on is mine and I can do whatever I want with it as long as I obey the law. If players want me to smile rather than frown, then dance monkey. As a paying spectator, I could be as entertained as I want.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
well at this point it's kind of old. Other teams are doing it too now. When I first saw it it was a bit shocking but now it's like a "me too" gesture. When it first happened it seemed like it could have been an incensed fan who was pushed to madness (throwing away an expensive thing like that) but now it seems like whoever does it probably brought some old or fake worthless jersey and plans to throw it on the ice. When it's planned out and logical like that it's not as interesting.

So do it if you want to I guess. I agree that it is just like booing now. When it happens I don't tell people about it anymore.

Smart Dunsparce*

How about chucking a good old Albetra AAA strip loin steak as a good omen to the team? Something different?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Not that it would help with this organization, which doesn't listen to its fans anyway, but I remember the Leafs firing Ron Wilson pretty quickly after the crowd started organized "FIRE WILSON" chants. "Fire Eakins" has a nice cadence to it.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Send a message by not going to games, or watching them on tv.

Not by throwing jerseys in the ice.

Agreed. I've done my part by not buying my tickets for the first time since the lockout. Hopefully more follow suite.

The NHL knows this is a hockey market, but being run into the ground by clowns. There is no way they would agree to move this team anywhere unless they were giving us an expansion team at the same time. Maybe that would be for the best because we would get rid of the clown at the top, Katz.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Not that it would help with this organization, which doesn't listen to its fans anyway, but I remember the Leafs firing Ron Wilson pretty quickly after the crowd started organized "FIRE WILSON" chants. "Fire Eakins" has a nice cadence to it.

I'm actually quite shocked we haven't reached this point yet. I remember back when fans booed Tom Poti off the team, and his impact wasn't even close to that of Eakins.

Also, all these posters and media types who act as if tossing a jersey on the ice is disrespectful to guys like Messier and Gretzky need to give their heads a shake. Everyone knows the act of the jersey throwing has nothing to do with anyone from 30 years ago. It's symbolic to the present day Oilers. That's it, period.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
Lmao. You actually fell for that veiled threat. The one that Katz himself walked back after being called on.

He operates an ATM of profit operating in monopoly conditions in Edmonton, selling snake oil for 8 years and still packing the joint. He's just been given the keys and all profit centres to a big shiny new edifice bought and paid for by the citizens of Edmonton.

NHL is a stone cold business wrapped in a feel good emotion of boosterism and played up for civic pride. If Katz were an emotion driven moron and bad business man, he would move this franchise to a super competitive sports market like Seattle and immediately flounder into second tier oblivion for fan, corporate and media attention. However he is not and sits on one of the best hockey monopoly markets within one of the affluent economies in North America. Dumb he is not.

Because this is a business and one that has not delivered any benefit to its customers in 8 years and little satisfaction over 25 years, I will side with jersey throwers who have paid hard earned money to be thoroughly frustrated by a lack of effort and results.

A little public shaming is the only tool left for some through which to demonstrate a complete and utter disillusionment with incompetence that in any other business would be taken behind the barn.

Fans have invested money, time and their heartfelt emotion behind this team only to be repeatedly let down. Meanwhile the owner and players thrive. So what if a few jerseys fired at moments of utter frustration hurts some feelings and twinges professional pride.

Might be different if the effort was there. But it is not unlike a mediocre Flamers team for one that
Is overmatched virtually all nights but work their ***** off to compete and not be embarrassed by better teams.

The Oilers are the laughingstock of the league. They have bigger problems than a few jerseys being thrown. But all is softened by the bottom line that drives this sports business. This was drilled home in two successive lockouts by owners and players alike,

I read that word for word like I was delivering a speech. That was beautiful. :')

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad