Player Discussion Jeremy Lauzon: signed $850k/2rs

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Agree on a lot of this, but still don't think Krug is here beyond this year. They need to allocate that money up front. IMO of course.

Lauzon at 850K the next two years is beyond awesome. Congrats to the kid, can't wait to see more of him.

I agree .PA will pressure him like crazy to hit open market .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
It feels like Lauzon has been groomed to play the right. The lineups Divver posts always seem to have him lining up on the right side. He played the right side with Chara last year when he got some top pair time. He's been playing the right with Gryz this year.

I've mentioned this before but it works out really well when that 3rd pair D can be a lefty who plays the right, because when you kill penalties you can go with two big lefties (Chara/Lauzon) and two big righties (McAvoy/Carlo).

One of the big reasons they brought in Moore was because they felt there was too much pressure on Chara as the only LH D who could kill penalties. Problem solved.

Lauzon's presence lets you keep Krug and Gryz in the lineup and makes Moore expendable.

i didn't see a ton of him in junior, but he apparently played the right side most of the time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What Jeremy Lauzon’s contract extension means for him and the Bruins

If the Bruins are going to sustain their recent run of excellence under general manager Don Sweeney, they're going to need to continue to lean on young and cheap, but also talented, players to fill in around their stars.

With that in mind news dropped Friday that the Bruins have signed 22-year-old defenseman Jeremy Lauzon to a two-year contract extension worth an $850,000 average annual value.

Lauzon was a second-round pick (No. 52) in 2015 and he has appeared in 23 NHL the past two years. This season he has one goal in seven NHL games.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good move can’t see his price going down the more he plays. Wonder if we have made a serious offer to Krug recently or not.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
You may be right. Even if that's the case, I think the point still holds because I could see Vaak coming up and taking the LD spot on the 3rd pair. Though I guess a lot depends on how this deadline shakes out.

That's what I want and I'm hoping for. I know that would probably make a lot of people nervous... but Lauzon is ready and I think Vaak is ready.

Gryz-Mac
Lauzon-Carlo (potential to be the best shutdown pair in the league)
Vaak-Clifton
ex: Moore or cheap UFA pickup

While the depth of the D core would take a hit, we have Axel coming, Zech looks solid, Zboril if he's still around... and I trust Sweeney to find someone to fill in that depth. This D core probably makes a lot of fans nervous, but that excites the shit out of me. Best skating D core in the league right there. Mac/Lauzon/Carlo/Clifton bring the size/heavy/physical aspect.

I think we need that (Krug) money allocated up front personally like I said, and I'd love to see this D core in action, but we will see what happens.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
An Pronman didn’t even have Lauzon on his Bruins prospect list. What a dope!

Deserved for the hard working kid!
Guy is useless evaluating our prospects, bottom of the bird cage paper.

Lauzon in Junior was a complete deeman, force in all 3 zones. He has more in him, love the signing. He is Miller with more upside.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I love this and the Clifton signing. I've always been big on Lauzon. One of the few prospects I've had the privilege of watching live several times and on TV (between the WJC and and Memorial Cup). I ranked him #2 a few years ago on a top-25 poll and people thought I was crazy. I've always preferred his game to Zboril who still seems to lack the mental makeup. Appears to be playing with more of a chip on his shoulder since turning pro. Still remember that stretch early last year where he was playing like 20-24 minutes on a depleted Bruins blueline over a two or three game stretch. Like Clifton, has more to give than the numbers indicate. Could be Dennis Seidenberg type IMO. Thick body. Retrieves the puck well. Takes the body. Left side right side. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't even shock me if he's the guy next to McAvoy when Chara moves on.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
and outstanding skating... he's like a left shot Carlo with his skating. Very mobile. Excited to watch him grow his game.
and outstanding skating... he's like a left shot Carlo with his skating. Very mobile. Excited to watch him grow his game.

His skating is good but not as good as Carlo's. Lauzon
has better puck handling skills and can play both sides.
Cycle killing abilities look similar.

Lauzon looks to be a Seidenberg/Hjarlmasson style D man.
A good compliment to a McAvoy or Krug.

Only problem is the expansion draft if they resign
Krug.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
His skating is good but not as good as Carlo's. Lauzon
has better puck handling skills and can play both sides.
Cycle killing abilities look similar.

Lauzon looks to be a Seidenberg/Hjarlmasson style D man.
A good compliment to a McAvoy or Krug.

Only problem is the expansion draft if they resign
Krug.

Not sure I agree that Lauzon handles the puck better than Carlo. One of the things about Carlo coming out was that he was solid defensively, an excellent skater and moved the puck well. He's shown all these at the top level. Lauzon certainly doesn't treat the puck like a grenade but I think Carlo is superior. Lauzon gets the nod with versatility and physicality though.

Reactions: PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lauzon is turning out to be what i thought Ryan Lindgren would give for us. He doesn't have high end skills but i would love to see him eventually take over Chara's spot next to McAvoy when the old man hangs them up. I think their styles would mesh well.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Has there ever been a GM that was so good at re-signings, but so bad at UFA signings?

Another excellent re-signing here. $850k for a guy who looks like a good number 6 as a floor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad