Next season LHD

Chara ?
Krug?
Grzelcyk
Moore
Lauzon
Vaakanainen

forget The Who will be traded thread how about who are the 4 LHD on the roster

It feels like Lauzon has been groomed to play the right. The lineups Divver posts always seem to have him lining up on the right side. He played the right side with Chara last year when he got some top pair time. He's been playing the right with Gryz this year.

I've mentioned this before but it works out really well when that 3rd pair D can be a lefty who plays the right, because when you kill penalties you can go with two big lefties (Chara/Lauzon) and two big righties (McAvoy/Carlo).

One of the big reasons they brought in Moore was because they felt there was too much pressure on Chara as the only LH D who could kill penalties. Problem solved.

Lauzon's presence lets you keep Krug and Gryz in the lineup and makes Moore expendable.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
It feels like Lauzon has been groomed to play the right. The lineups Divver posts always seem to have him lining up on the right side. He played the right side with Chara last year when he got some top pair time. He's been playing the right with Gryz this year.

I've mentioned this before but it works out really well when that 3rd pair D can be a lefty who plays the right, because when you kill penalties you can go with two big lefties (Chara/Lauzon) and two big righties (McAvoy/Carlo).

One of the big reasons they brought in Moore was because they felt there was too much pressure on Chara as the only LH D who could kill penalties. Problem solved.

Lauzon's presence lets you keep Krug and Gryz in the lineup and makes Moore expendable.

Agree on a lot of this, but still don't think Krug is here beyond this year. They need to allocate that money up front. IMO of course.

Lauzon at 850K the next two years is beyond awesome. Congrats to the kid, can't wait to see more of him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Do you think Chara won’t return?

Not sure what Dan thinks, but I think it is possible that he doesn't. He started off pretty well, but he's been looking slower and slower recently and his puck-handling has gotten even worse. The things he is a really good at he is still really good at, but you can't win the battle against time. Beyond that, it would be better in the long-run for the team if he retires. He might give pasasble service next season, but at the expense of players than need the time- guys like Zboril and Vaak, and Zboril particularly who is an RFA after the season and you would think would get a Cehlarik like prove something deal for next season.

But on topic of the thread, super happy to see Lauzon extended. I like him a lot and being versatile right and left is huge.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Not sure what Dan thinks, but I think it is possible that he doesn't. He started off pretty well, but he's been looking slower and slower recently and his puck-handling has gotten even worse. The things he is a really good at he is still really good at, but you can't win the battle against time. Beyond that, it would be better in the long-run for the team if he retires. He might give pasasble service next season, but at the expense of players than need the time- guys like Zboril and Vaak, and Zboril particularly who is an RFA after the season and you would think would get a Cehlarik like prove something deal for next season.

But on topic of the thread, super happy to see Lauzon extended. I like him a lot and being versatile right and left is huge.
Petty much this.^^ also a cup would seal the deal for retirement.

BruinsNetwork

Excellent deal for a young (22!) defenseman who has upside to be a physical, tough, mobile second-pair player. Have a feeling by this time next year we’ll be saying how much of a steal it is to only be paying him $850,000 for a two-year span. On a personal note, he’s a great kid and grinder it out in Providence for a while. Good for him.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Agree on a lot of this, but still don't think Krug is here beyond this year. They need to allocate that money up front. IMO of course.

Lauzon at 850K the next two years is beyond awesome. Congrats to the kid, can't wait to see more of him.

You may be right. Even if that's the case, I think the point still holds because I could see Vaak coming up and taking the LD spot on the 3rd pair. Though I guess a lot depends on how this deadline shakes out.

Reactions: TwineTickler

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I may be so wrong but this might be the first step towards moving a D man

I want to keep them all but looking at next year, it's just crazy. There are too many defensemen. You would think a team like Winnipeg or Vegas would love to have John Moore. Heck, even New Jersey could use some help back there.

Reactions: Flannelman

BruinsNetwork

Excellent move. I've liked Lauzon ever since I saw him live at the WJC in Montreal. Nice combination of skill, size, and a willingness to play a hard game.

It’s odd that he’s been dubbed as something like a “defensive defenseman” recently in Providence and I don’t agree with that, honestly. I think Lauzon has been put in a “defensive” role, but naturally he’s a steady three-zone player with many two-way elements— especially his shot and ability to produce rebounds and tips. Solid in terms of puck-moving ability too.

Either way, moving forward he’s definitely got high potential to be more than what we’ve seen so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00