Player Discussion Jeremy Lauzon: signed $850k/2rs

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
All that Lauzon had to do was to bend his knees and lower the hit, then it cannot be a penalty.

Yeah, he deserved what he got; that hit was uncalled for. He could have trucked Stepan nice and clean there and sent the same message. I hated seeing him do it; Jeremy has to be smarter than that. This is all separate from the clear double-standard in the game with the Crouse hit, which was also uncalled for and needed to be dealt with more harshly.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yeah, he deserved what he got; that hit was uncalled for. He could have trucked Stepan nice and clean there and sent the same message. I hated seeing him do it; Jeremy has to be smarter than that. This is all separate from the clear double-standard in the game with the Crouse hit, which was also uncalled for and needed to be dealt with more harshly.

I think it was more bad technique and a little frustration rather than being malicious. As Yaz said, bend the knees and lower the elbow a little and it's a perfectly fine hit, and I don't mind the intent. Clearly he knows how to lay a clean hit because he's managed plenty already with the big Bs in his short latest stint, let alone in Providence, but I think he was annoyed and had a bit of red mist coming out of the box and it led to him making a reckless check. As you say, he just needs to be smarter - can't have poor discipline like that, especially at this level. But I trust he'll learn from it.

Reactions: Dr Hook

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
This has to be a paper transaction to save cap.

The fact that he has only served one of his two game suspension in the NHL, he will still have to serve the second game when ever he gets called up again.

I would think the front office would want to get that game out of the way as soon as possible.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cassidy will have some interesting decisions to make if Clifton is ready to go on the weekend. Having a back to back should make his decision easier . Do we see Clifton / Lauzon ?

Someone will need to go if that's the case though? They'll be over the roster limit. Maybe Blidh gets sent down?

Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak
DeBrusk/Krejci/Kuhlman
Heinen/Coyle/Bjork
Nordstrom/Kuraly/Wagner
Blidh/Lindholm

Chara/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo
Grzelyck/Lauzon
Moore/Clifton

Rask
Halak

24 players.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Probably Lauzon goes back down if Clifton returns as he is the only one that is waiver exempt on the roster. Unless someone is moved out in a deal of course.

Reactions: lopey and GoBs

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014

This might be a sign that Clifton is back or maybe just saving some cap space?

I thought he did very well with his opportunity and looks like he will be an NHL player...for someone.

Last edited:

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
All that Lauzon had to do was to bend his knees and lower the hit, then it cannot be a penalty.
What I saw was an offensive player with his head leaning a little forward and a defensive player hit him with his shoulders and elbows down. Now did he miss his body maybe yes. Did the offensive player put his air brakes on maybe yes?
Now this is what I don't get McAvoy gets elbowed to the head and what happened again?
Thing is that Arizona is Gary's team well maybe after Vegas.
Doesn't Stepan have a history of concussions or am I thinking of someone else?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bs better do something at the deadline to shed some of the bloat at D and with some of the bottom 6 forwards. I want to see the best possible players on the ice come playoff time, not lesser talented vets. Lauzon is a great example of a kid who is clearly ready for the NHL and would add more to the team come playoff time than a couple of the vets.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Guess that means they plan on him being up in the bigs next season for sure. He’s ready now.
I know he can play on the right side, but I wonder if this has anything to do with Gryz being a potential piece somewhere?

I hope not, it is a depth signing, but that left side has some question marks coming up in the offseason.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Next season LHD

Chara ?
Krug?
Grzelcyk
Moore
Lauzon
Vaakanainen

forget The Who will be traded thread how about who are the 4 LHD on the roster

cat400

Jul 30, 2005

2 years. 850k

Awesome signing.

Except for the Crosby’s of the league, this should be the blueprint for most of the post entry level contracts.

Use the second contract to prove that you are worthy of a significant raise on your pre UFA contract and at same time you get the chance to play on a Stanley Cup contender.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Next season LHD

Chara ?
Krug?
Grzelcyk
Moore
Lauzon
Vaakanainen

forget The Who will be traded thread how about who are the 4 LHD on the roster

Tough call.I want Lauzon and Vaak though for future cause both will be horses and able to shut down top players .Krug I see being pressured by PA to test market and shoot for big money with his agent agreeing.Chara will want to play.So i say Chara Lauzon Grizz and Vaak barring any are traded.Lauzon is use to the right side though too.Something has to give soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad