Player Discussion Jeremy Lauzon: signed $850k/2rs

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Good signing, kid deserves it. Him & Grz look great, what do you do when Cliffy comes back?

Gotta think you stick with Lauzon.
As much as I like Cliffy, I like Lauzon better. Cliffy didn't progress as much as I thought he would this season. Griz has also been a bit disappointing this season, but for sure has looked better since Lauzon came up. The Bs are insane if they do not have Lauzon in the lineup for the playoffs, provided he hasn't been traded of course. An added bonus with Lauzon is that he brings some nasty, which will be needed.

Reactions: TCB

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Lauzon offers more than people think playing on the right side. He allows us to keep both Gryz and Krug in the line up and then when it’s time to kill penalties he slides over to the left and we have Chara, Lauzon on the left and Carlo, McAvoy on the right. Very underrated part of having him in the line-up.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
As much as I like Cliffy, I like Lauzon better. Cliffy didn't progress as much as I thought he would this season. Griz has also been a bit disappointing this season, but for sure has looked better since Lauzon came up. The Bs are insane if they do not have Lauzon in the lineup for the playoffs, provided he hasn't been traded of course. An added bonus with Lauzon is that he brings some nasty, which will be needed.
Exactly, and I think that’s why he stays in over Cliffy, and certainly Moore. Cliffy brings the nasty but is less reliable than Lauzon it seems. Lauzon also has more of the frame for that game.

The Bruins defense was missing that nasty with really only Chara dishing it out, he came in and was responsible while still bringing nasty.

Reactions: wintersej

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
But why? He’s a great #7 option on a great contract. The team needs lots of D depth if they expect a long playoff run.
I don't disagree, but you can only keep so many...

Lauzon is ahead of Clifton and Moore on my depth chart. I like Clifton more than Moore, solely because of their contracts. Money being equal, I think Moore is the better player when healthy.

Reactions: missingchicklet

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I'm not convinced Clifton is any good. He has 2 points in 30 games. If you are thinking that he looks decent out there a lot of the time, you have to consider that virtually every Bruins defenceman does. It's not because all of our defencemen are super awesome, it's because they're well insulated.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm not convinced Clifton is any good. He has 2 points in 30 games. If you are thinking that he looks decent out there a lot of the time, you have to consider that virtually every Bruins defenceman does. It's not because all of our defencemen are super awesome, it's because they're well insulated.

Will you PM me when you post something positive about the Bruins or one of their players? I haven't seen it and I think it would be an event worth celebrating.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I like him more than Clifton and definitely more than Moore. Moreover his cap his is a steal for next 2 years. He brings more physicality and grit than Moore.
What's more to ask?
Just trade Moore.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Will you PM me when you post something positive about the Bruins or one of their players? I haven't seen it and I think it would be an event worth celebrating.

my head is still spinning from the bergeron is totally leeching off his linemates thing.

oh, lauzon, i like this kid. loved how him and wagner and nordstrom went after chiasson
last night for taking a run at gryz.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Liked his game last night
Not scared to pinch

Yup. He also shows this propensity for being aggressive in the D-zone, forcing his partner to switch sides more often than should happen, which I'm sure the coaches hate, but I kinda like it. He's got this bull in a china shop way about him, and I hope they don't try to reel that in too much.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Yup. He also shows this propensity for being aggressive in the D-zone, forcing his partner to switch sides more often than should happen, which I'm sure the coaches hate, but I kinda like it. He's got this bull in a china shop way about him, and I hope they don't try to reel that in too much.

I was thinking the same thing, he will get caught sometimes for sure but overall he saves a lot of plays and help keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That's what I want and I'm hoping for. I know that would probably make a lot of people nervous... but Lauzon is ready and I think Vaak is ready.

Gryz-Mac
Lauzon-Carlo (potential to be the best shutdown pair in the league)
Vaak-Clifton
ex: Moore or cheap UFA pickup

While the depth of the D core would take a hit, we have Axel coming, Zech looks solid, Zboril if he's still around... and I trust Sweeney to find someone to fill in that depth. This D core probably makes a lot of fans nervous, but that excites the shit out of me. Best skating D core in the league right there. Mac/Lauzon/Carlo/Clifton bring the size/heavy/physical aspect.

I think we need that (Krug) money allocated up front personally like I said, and I'd love to see this D core in action, but we will see what happens.

I don't we'll see it... but what jumps out is that those top 6 would only make a little over $10M combined next year.

Reactions: TwineTickler

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I like it when opposing players start feeling the need to look over their shoulders more when their backs are turned. Lauzon is a player that makes them do this. As he gets stronger and more experienced I am positive he is going to be a player the opposition hates to play against. He has some wrinkles that need to be ironed out since he doesn't have a lot of NHL experience. Bs need to keep playing him and let those wrinkles get ironed out best as possible before the playoffs. He is something the Bs need once they start the playoff run. Also, Lauzon is making Gryz look better. He hasn't been able to cover for all of Gryz's poor decisions, but he sure as hell is hustling his ass off and adjusting enough to cover for some of them.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
watched this one when I got home from the WHL game, nice tilt, would like to see these two go at it with both having just a second to get the gloves off then square up.

I`ll never let Tkatchuk off the hook for allowing himself to be treated like a rag doll as I thought that was a coward`s move for a guy who was running around hammering Kassian all night but refused to answer the bell BUT, he did answer it the next game

Simply put, a kid you hate playing against, love to have on your team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->