Player Discussion Jeremy Lauzon: signed $850k/2rs

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Think Lauzon is here to stay in the NHL after some solid showings recently?

It would be a real shame if he wasn't. I think he's here to stay, yes. I don't think KMiller returns, I think Moore is now expendable as well. 3rd pair should be Lauzon's spot to lose for the next couple of seasons.

kjpm

May 28, 2011
Lauzon offers more than people think playing on the right side. He allows us to keep both Gryz and Krug in the line up and then when it’s time to kill penalties he slides over to the left and we have Chara, Lauzon on the left and Carlo, McAvoy on the right. Very underrated part of having him in the line-up.

This is a great point. Definitely prefer having a guy with his size and reach out there on the PK over Grzelcyk or Krug.

I can't see them putting Moore or Clifton in over him at this point. Hard to say if Miller will return this year and how quickly he could get up to speed if he does return. I expect Lauzon is here to stay.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It would be a real shame if he wasn't. I think he's here to stay, yes. I don't think KMiller returns, I think Moore is now expendable as well. 3rd pair should be Lauzon's spot to lose for the next couple of seasons.

I am likely one of the few fans who has little issues with Moore but it`s all about impact on a game and while I tend to lean heavily on risk averse, Lauzon being so young and inexperienced still has typically more of that impact on a game and it`s refreshing to see a D man who appears to refuse to allow opponents to stand in front of the net without punishment

I think Cliffy will be hard pressed to see action again too and what I`m about to say will anger many, I feel he is criminally over rated here. I`m guilty of it with some of my own binkies but I see Cliffy as a guy who brings nothing offensively and while he`ll never hesitate to engage physically, I find he is far too often way out of position

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I am likely one of the few fans who has little issues with Moore but it`s all about impact on a game and while I tend to lean heavily on risk averse, Lauzon being so young and inexperienced still has typically more of that impact on a game and it`s refreshing to see a D man who appears to refuse to allow opponents to stand in front of the net without punishment

I think Cliffy will be hard pressed to see action again too and what I`m about to say will anger many, I feel he is criminally over rated here. I`m guilty of it with some of my own binkies but I see Cliffy as a guy who brings nothing offensively and while he`ll never hesitate to engage physically, I find he is far too often way out of position

I like Moore well enough myself- he's a competent NHL d-man who has given the Bruins good value for his contract when healthy. I think he is not needed at this point with Lauzon emerging, and Zboril and Vaak waiting in the wings. I am mixed on Cliffy. I think he is an entertaining player and has that edge, but he is somewhat hazardous out there for sure. I don't know how much ice he sees going forward, but he is a solid 7th man option at his salary and term. And then there's Kampfer who has another season left also. I don't see any of the current Bruin prospect/depth guys taking Lauzon's job away. Maybe next camp Vaak or Zboril blows Butch and Donnie's minds, but for now, Lauzon I think is our guy and I like it.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
No way Miller goes in for Lauzon at this point. After a major injury and a full year off, Bruins can’t afford to spend the many games it would take for Miller to get back to his top form and bench Lauzon in the process. Maybe play Miller here and there down the stretch just to give him some reps in case 2-3 injuries happen in the playoffs and he is needed, but it’s Lauzon’s spot to lose for the rest of the season. He’s been so much better and more impactful than Moore or Clifton.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
In Non-TDL news, this just in from Fluto at The Athletic:

'He's delivered': Jeremy Lauzon smashes his way onto the...

Jeremy Lauzon, still sore from stepping in front of a Tobias Rieder power-play rocket the previous night, felt good enough to play in the 9-3 whopper against the Canucks on Saturday. A little pain was not getting in his way.
“Willing to block shots. We saw that last night,” Bruce Cassidy said before the ugly loss. “Willing to play hard in front of the net. I think his clears are fine. He’s got good enough foot speed to get to loose pucks. Those were the things we were looking for. A little bite, a little abrasiveness in his game. He’s delivered . . .”

" . . . It may be that Lauzon is simply more comfortable playing his off side than Moore. He has taken advantage of that comfort to push Moore out of the lineup. “We were looking for a partnership with Grizz, similar to what we had with Kevan Miller: a bigger body that could close plays, end plays in the D-zone,” Cassidy said. “Grizz is pretty good at the puck-moving part. We were OK with letting Jeremy learn on the fly there. That’s an area of his game we know has to get better. But like a lot of young defensemen that come up, we’ll allow him to grow there.”

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Nice call by Kirk on draft day

but not as good as the PM he sent me June 2003 to tell me this Patrice Bergeron-Cleary second round pick could be steal of the draft

um, good call

pfft, lucky guess by Kirk, a guy who merely spends most of his waking hours covering, following and assessing prospects with an experienced eye while I`m ignored here for my expertise of assessing prospects (see Marchand at draft time):laugh::sarcasm:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Nice call by Kirk on draft day

but not as good as the PM he sent me June 2003 to tell me this Patrice Bergeron-Cleary second round pick could be steal of the draft

um, good call

Jury is still out on the Cleary kid. Seems to be in the right place on offense but can he play the 200 foot game and display some grit and leadership? We’ll see.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Man he looks great on the 3rd pair thus far. Lot of heart and good physical play while meshing quite well with Grzelyck. He might make Clifton expendable this off-season (depending on what happens with Krug & Chara plus develop of Urho).

Reactions: TwineTickler

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lauzon has solidified his spot in the lineup

Cliffy hockey is good also. But Lauzon is bigger and better

Bruins have stong depth at the D position

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Outbattled 3 Lightning behind the Bs net & came out with the puck for a big clear. Had a nice move at the blue line to get a shot on net for a tip then gets back & tosses a guy. Shutdown scoring chance down the wing late in the game. Unfortunately he was out there for their goal, which was a little flukey, after Bs hemmed in & couldn't change. But he was excellent tonight, borderline dominant in his zone. Really excited he's on the team.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
With his current extension he signed, will he be expansion draft eligible? You gotta figure McAvoy, Carlo, Krug are protected. Would really suck to lose this kid for nothing, especially on such a team friendly deal. I'm starting to accept the reality Sweeney may have to make a deal with Seattle to get them to take someone like Moore.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
With his current extension he signed, will he be expansion draft eligible? You gotta figure McAvoy, Carlo, Krug are protected. Would really suck to lose this kid for nothing, especially on such a team friendly deal. I'm starting to accept the reality Sweeney may have to make a deal with Seattle to get them to take someone like Moore.

Doesnt mean Seattle has to accept

Krug is no shoe in for the list imo

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I was a big fan of Lauzon in Q and think Bruins need to make sure this kid stays put.Played really well tonite.Saw lots of solid plays but also 2 plays I hope Cassidy talks to him about.One was when Bergeron was chasing Tampa forward into corner to Rasks right.Lauzon should have held to the middle a bit more .He went to help and the puck came across for a 2 on 1 that thankfully they shot wide.The forward had nowhere to go there so he needs to stays in position till he is sure help is back..The other one he left Pauquette alone in slot.He has to move away from Rask there faster .But hey he is a kid and getting better every game.Great contract too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad