Player Discussion Jeremy Lauzon: signed $850k/2rs

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Bruins management should - but won’t - come out and disagree with it. Why is it only fans who disagree with the NHL, while front offices and coaches can say squat? Well I guess we know the answer. Can’t wait for more crap and lack of consistency from the league and refs in the playoffs again this year.....

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Literally can't wrap my head around how what Lauzon did was even a match penalty, let alone a 2 game suspension on top of that.

But to then have Crouse make the exact same, if not worse hit, on McAvoy, and get 2 minutes and nothing else?

This league is just so poorly run, it's amazing its where it is.

Parris somehow worse than Campbell and Shannahan.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Literally can't wrap my head around how what Lauzon did was even a match penalty, let alone a 2 game suspension on top of that.

But to then have Crouse make the exact same, if not worse hit, on McAvoy, and get 2 minutes and nothing else?

This league is just so poorly run, it's amazing its where it is.

Parris somehow worse than Campbell and Shannahan.

Because McAvoy didn’t lay on the ice long enough and fake an injury. I’ve been saying for years, the guys need to fake being hurt when they get hit in the head. The NHL doesn’t care about player safety, they care about lawsuits from the perception of not doing enough to stop head injuries.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Someone with extremely limited knowledge of hockey and of limited cognitive ability could do a better job than the cretinous clowns currently working in DoPS. Not joking whatsoever. Any moron can watch the two hits yesterday, analyze them based on the rules, and come up with a better decision than the one DoPS settled on. No wonder virtually every fan base is baffled by the continuing spinning wheel of justice. It's a disgrace and an embarrassment.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Because McAvoy didn’t lay on the ice long enough and fake an injury. I’ve been saying for years, the guys need to fake being hurt when they get hit in the head. The NHL doesn’t care about player safety, they care about lawsuits from the perception of not doing enough to stop head injuries.
Exactly, the punishment seems more a function of the reaction of the targeted player than the hit itself. The hit was not totally unobjectionable, but Stepan wasn't injured and stayed in the game. If he had shrugged it off rather than writhing in pain for a minute, Lauzon might not have gotten even two minutes.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think it's a fair suspension.

Crouse should have gotten something too. That was also a bad hit.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I still don't even understand the rationale behind this suspension. What was illegal about this hit? Initial contact was in the chest. There was some head contact but it was incidental and mostly the result of the height difference. I thought the worst of it for Stepan was his head hitting the glass, but that doesn't make it illegal. And then Stepan was clutching his chest/shoulder when he was down. Just so weird to me that he even got the match penalty. I really thought when they reviewed it they'd give him 2 minutes. the fact that they gave him 2 additional games is absurd even if you completely ignore the Crouse elbow from the same game.

Anyway, I hope this kid doesn't change a thing about the way he plays because of this. Sadly in today's NHL sometimes the way to win a playoff series is to trade a couple games for an opposing player (f*** you Sundquist)

Reactions: Bodit9

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5