Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
... The coach is supposed to be the ****ing Boss and it's clear anyone on the bench right now has delegate his authority in between all this political bull****...

I'm old & have read beau coup pro jocks' memoirs (from Ball Four to one of Jeremy Roenick's) and least a couple of them mention how some head coaches pretty much take marching orders from above - either their GM or team owners.

Colitton's own story - "... youngest coach in the league" (hear this EVERY tv broadcast I watch the other club's feed), to not having any NHL level experience, to being Bowman jr's latest, "I'm the smartest guy in the room" maneuver, seems like he for sure could be in that group.

Hawks HAVE to win one of these two road games. They don't & I'm Wirtz jr, I'm on the phone to Babcock. Nothing to lose at that point imho. (And prehistoric as I am age-wise, I can recall old man Halas bypassing his org flow chart calling Ditka.)

Time will tell, of course ...
Go Hawks

----
Edit - And bringing a "name" HC like Toronto's former one, would be a helluva marketing move - keep butts in those UC seats (least for a while ...)

Reactions: LDF

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
... If (Seabrook's) contract doesn’t allow it and he won’t accept that per his NMC then send him home. He is a sunk cost that is sinking this team.

Bravo, dude. And noice tie-in, 7's sweater letters and both finance term & watery grave-wise.
Triple well done - dare I say, A hat trick of a post? ;-)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
this is the major problem
I don't think it's Stan. I think it's McCub. McCub is the team president. He's one step below Rocky on the totem pole. Stan answers to McCub, not the other way around. Everything we think Ted Phillips is doing with the Bears, McCub is doing with the Hawks. And quite frankly, we've seen how this story ends with the 00s Cubs. The barren wasteland that Theo inherited was left by McCub.

I am 100% convinced that the rot starts with McDonough.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't think it's Stan. I think it's McCub. McCub is the team president. He's one step below Rocky on the totem pole. Stan answers to McCub, not the other way around. Everything we think Ted Phillips is doing with the Bears, McCub is doing with the Hawks. And quite frankly, we've seen how this story ends with the 00s Cubs. The barren wasteland that Theo inherited was left by McCub.

I’ve been convinced of that for a while, I just think I’m seeing more evidence to support my theory

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

I'm not from Chicago, am a simple Canadian fan who knows nothing really about McD ... other than the fact that I have never liked the vibe I get from him .. at all!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'm again going for def ears but....how about...European head coach?. You know,..
opposite to young, inexperienced AHL/NCAA coach. Or, opposite to old school, investigation incomin' experienced NHL coach.
A coach who brings new fresh ideas other side of the ocean to old and dying league which searches its identity.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
I'm again going for def ears but....how about...European head coach?. You know,..
opposite to young, inexperienced AHL/NCAA coach. Or, opposite to old school, investigation incomin' experienced NHL coach.
A coach who brings new fresh ideas other side of the ocean to old and dying league which searches its identity.

Isn't that what Colliton is supposed to be?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Colliton played in Europe, and coached there for 3-4 seasons... that's exactly what the Hawks were bringing in...

And "old and dying league". Did you just call the NHL an "old and dying league" ?? WTF?

:laugh:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
So youre saying an NHL team should hire a coach based on where hes from? f***ing brilliant!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Maybe we should have less European players.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Maybe we should have less European players.
without mentioning names i see a huge need for a disciplinarian of some sort. an old school type who has had success to really bring this team together via by shear will alone. i would hope the new HC would remove all the "A's","C's" off the sweaters and let it be known they need to earn those .....

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint

Well ... how 'bout a name or two bud?

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Beating the BOSs tonight mighta just saved JC's bacon - for a bit, anyway.
I'm persuaded he's not right for this club - think Seabs & Toews ain't buying in and means Colitton doomed you ask me - but would be for a bunch of ELCs and admit want this roster detonated - kinda.

Been tracking the Hogs and wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of them up here - and getting coached by JC.

Then, the Hawks go and beat the #2 club in the league - on their ice - and now I'm back to WTF do I know anyhow? ;-)

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well ... how 'bout a name or two bud?

I can suggest Finns, but there are plenty of Swedes and Russians as well and probably Czechs, Germans and Swiss
and that Scottish Peter Russell seems to be one hell of a coach too

Jukka Jalonen (57) - 2 x World Championship gold, WJC gold, Olympic bronze, World Championship bronze,
Sm-Liiga champion, 4 x Sm-Liiga 3rd place finishes (bronze), European Champions Cup silver, KHL experience
Karri Kivi (49) - WJC gold medal, Sm-Liiga champion, KHL experience
Kari Jalonen (59) - 4 x Sm-Liiga champion, 2 x NLA champion, World Championship silver, KHL experience
Jussi Ahokas (39) - WJC & u18WJC gold, has raised a bottom feeder team KooKoo to top 6 this season
Antti Törmänen (49) - NLA champion, Sm-Liiga 2nd place finish (silver)
Ville Peltonen (46) - NLA champion, World Championship silver (assistant coach)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I can suggest Finns, but there are plenty of Swedes and Russians as well and probably Czechs, Germans and Swiss
and that Scottish Peter Russell seems to be one hell of a coach too

Jukka Jalonen (57) - 2 x World Championship gold, WJC gold, Olympic bronze, World Championship bronze,
Sm-Liiga champion, 4 x Sm-Liiga 3rd place finishes (bronze), European Champions Cup silver, KHL experience
Karri Kivi (49) - WJC gold medal, Sm-Liiga champion, KHL experience
Kari Jalonen (59) - 4 x Sm-Liiga champion, 2 x NLA champion, World Championship silver, KHL experience
Jussi Ahokas (39) - WJC & u18WJC gold, has raised a bottom feeder team KooKoo to top 6 this season
Antti Törmänen (49) - NLA champion, Sm-Liiga 2nd place finish (silver)
Ville Peltonen (46) - NLA champion, World Championship silver (assistant coach)
What German Coach?

and I doubt we'll see any of those Coaches in the NHL, Maybe 1 of them.

In Germany there is not 1 Coach I can imagine being a NHL HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad