Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I told you Dach would likely get banished again when Strome returned. It ain't right.

Ya, don’t like it. Let’s see how ice time actually plays out though, line rushes in practice aren’t necessarily indicative of in-game ice time. Don’t like his linemates though.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Yeah, another one. Nylander has done nothing for way too long now. Unfortunately, we have no one to replace him in the lineup.

Kubalik but ...
for whatever reason JC just won't give it a go.
Cheering Nylander is REALLY maddening - makes a standout play then disappears again.

Jokiharju gone but not forgotten - least by me. Ain't like Hawks could use a Dman right now ESPECIALLY a RHD who can move the puck but hey he didn't fit into JC's / Bowman jr's master plan. Oh well ...

Reactions: LDF

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Kubalik but ...
for whatever reason JC just won't give it a go.
Cheering Nylander is REALLY maddening - makes a standout play then disappears again.

Jokiharju gone but not forgotten - least by me. Ain't like Hawks could use a Dman right now ESPECIALLY a RHD who can move the puck but hey he didn't fit into JC's / Bowman jr's master plan. Oh well ...

He might not have one, time will tell.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The organization brought Colliton in. He's their guy. The players complained about the way he wanted them to play, and the organization sided with the f***ing players. Why does anyone here think bringing in a new coach will be any different? The players obviously run this team. Any coach they bring in is going to be a lame duck coach.

Honestly at this point? You ride this out until close to the trade deadline. If this team still absolutely sucks, playing the way THE PLAYERS want to play(and I see no reason they wouldn't), you ask every single one of them to waive their NMC and be done with it. If Bowman is even allowed to do that. He probably isn't.

I have a very good feeling that McDonough and the players are running the show here, more than Bowman and the coaching staff. In which case, get used to this boys and girls. Because it isn't going to change without this team being abysmal all season.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
The organization brought Colliton in. He's their guy. The players complained about the way he wanted them to play, and the organization sided with the ****ing players. Why does anyone here think bringing in a new coach will be any different? The players obviously run this team. Any coach they bring in is going to be a lame duck coach.

Honestly at this point? You ride this out until close to the trade deadline. If this team still absolutely sucks, playing the way THE PLAYERS want to play(and I see no reason they wouldn't), you ask every single one of them to waive their NMC and be done with it. If Bowman is even allowed to do that. He probably isn't.

I have a very good feeling that McDonough and the players are running the show here, more than Bowman and the coaching staff. In which case, get used to this boys and girls. Because it isn't going to change without this team being abysmal all season.
missing Q right about now arent we.. one bad stretch and everyone thought Q was the problem.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The organization brought Colliton in. He's their guy. The players complained about the way he wanted them to play, and the organization sided with the ****ing players. Why does anyone here think bringing in a new coach will be any different? The players obviously run this team. Any coach they bring in is going to be a lame duck coach.

you are obvious a idealist or would that be a pessimist. thinking that will change. so the inmates are running the roost.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

This

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
missing Q right about now arent we.. one bad stretch and everyone thought Q was the problem.
What about that post said this team misses Q? Q wasnt THE problem but he was a problem when he was let go. Move on. I really don’t get why some posters need to bring up Q every chance they get.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
You're talking about entirely different things.... Strength and conditioning is one thing. Muscle memory is another. Hitting your spots when shooting is 90% muscle memory.

You do bring up a good point, though. If you're gassed, it will also affect your muscle memory. So guys not being properly conditioned can absolutely affect their skills. Passing, shooting, stickhandling, etc.

I've been saying for a while now I don't think this is a well conditioned team, so that may have something to do with their shooting, as well.

Going off of this assumption being correct, Then is JC making conditioning practices mandatory and doing them more often? If not then that aspect is on him. He *is* the coach after all.

I think it plays a part, absolutely. Saad has been playing very well, but he isn't a guy who is going to create to help Toews.
I have to laugh at this...not at you, specifically, but I seem to recall one of the major reasons we re-acquired Saad was to sparkplug Toews. It certainly didn't work.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
even Q would not fix this mess. not as long as the GM keeps f***ing up.

btw, i never knew was a disciplinarian when he coach.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad