Value of: Jeff Skinners next contract

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Toronto can afford Nylander . Toronto doesn't want Skinner. Tavares contact is market value . Better finish your homework before school tomorrow
Tavares contract is a shit show that stunted their youth movement. 3 years from now when nylander is twice the player Tavares is at 3 million less for a western team, you’ll realize it.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Tavares contract is a **** show that stunted their youth movement. 3 years from now when nylander is twice the player Tavares is at 3 million less for a western team, you’ll realize it.
Tavares has the 4th most goals and 7th most points since he's entered the league while being a solid defensive player on some terrible teams with barely any help. I doubt Nylander has half the career Tavares has had. You're so wrong and delusional I don't even know if your trolling or not. Tavares is a franchise player, Nylander is never going to be good enough to build around. He'll always be what Oshie was to the Caps, a complimentary piece, while Tavares will be what Kuznetsov/Backstrom were. Drivers.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Hes on an unsustainable point streak right now playing on the hottest line in hockey, but hes going to get paid either way.

Some offensive comparables are Evander Kane, Rakell, and Atkinson. Throw RR's contract out its one of the best in the league. Kane just signed at 7x7.

If he makes it to UFA I can see him getting in the low 8s, and if he signs mid season in Buffalo I would personally go as high as what we were paying ROR on a 5-6 year deal. What do you think?

I believe that was a huge reason why Skinner waived to Buffalo and why the Sabres got him on the cheap. Not many other teams he would automatically be the best winger on the team and get the opportunity to play with one of the best centers in hockey.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I believe that was a huge reason why Skinner waived to Buffalo and why the Sabres got him on the cheap. Not many other teams he would automatically be the best winger on the team and get the opportunity to play with one of the best centers in hockey.
Its common knowledge his 2 teams were Toronto or Buffalo. He waived based on location not the team

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
How was matthews last week on the old stat sheet?

Why do you have to bring in Matthews? If it’s not a freaking leafs fan it’s a Sabres fan asking for the thread to be completely derailed because someone wants to mention Matthews or take a shot at him. Stop baiting.

News flash ... This is NOT about any leafs player!

Jeff Skinner. And his next contract.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Skinner is really good. Seems like a victim of playing for a small market team that didn't know how to utilize him.

What a dumb f***ing take. Yeah those country bumpkins Ron Francis, Bill Peters, and RBA just didn't know how to utilize the little feller.

Reactions: MinJaBen

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Prior 2 seasons....
930 minutes with Derek Ryan
920 minutes with Victor Rask
590 minutes with Elias Lindholm

Your point? 2 seasons he ago he put up 37/26/63 with that shit in the best all-around season of his career. Shocking to find him lighting it up with an actual star during a contract year. It doesn't negate the fact implying that "a small market team doesn't know how to utilize their players" is a dumb f***ing take.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It’s clearly poor utilization

Who exactly were they suppose to ice him with?

That's like saying Eichel was traded and all of a sudden got to center Pastrnak and Marchand after playing with Pominville/Rodrigues/Reinhart. Suddenly that's poor utilization?

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I've always liked Skinner and am sorry the canes traded him. But what I predict will happen is he will continue this streak for a while, then go 5-7 games with barely any points, then the cycle will begin again. When he's hot he's surface of the sun hot, but he's not always "on" like that. I don't think it's an effort thing either he's just very streaky

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Your point? 2 seasons he ago he put up 37/26/63 with that **** in the best all-around season of his career. Shocking to find him lighting it up with an actual star during a contract year. It doesn't negate the fact implying that "a small market team doesn't know how to utilize their players" is a dumb ****ing take.

I think those were intended as 2 separate points in the original post. (First part being Skinner is not given the credit he's due because he played in a small market that doesn't get paid much attention. Second being Carolina didn't use him in a way that maximizes his value.)

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
yeah, he really struggled in Carolina, only averaged 35 goals per 82 games, what a travesty

No one said he struggled.
Someone commented that the previous group didn't "utilize him well"
When one of the best ES goal scorers in the league.... is 76th in ES ice time... the statement is true.

Reactions: olli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad