Player Discussion Jeff Skinner

Do you approve of Skinner for Pu, 2019 2, 2020 3 & 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Remember when people taught Rheino was such a good winger? No, this is what an actual good top-line worthy wonger in the NHL looks like. Give the man his money ans lock him up long term. Withiyt him I doubt we are even in woldcard spot right now, let alone in top3 if the toughest division in the NHL.

Reactions: davej0122

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’ve never made a choice half as good in my entire life as Skinner made waiving to come to Buffalo.

This could not be going any better for him anywhere

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
As long as he keeps that up, he'll be worth every penny. I still think he comes in between 7-8M. Hopefully with us.

I hope you're right. With his shooting % double that of his career average, I'm worried we'd be paying him for a year where he was helped by having a ton of luck.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I hope you're right. With his shooting % double that of his career average, I'm worried we'd be paying him for a year where he was helped by having a ton of luck.

It's also the first time he's played with a good center. He's got a line mate who can get him the puck when he goes to scoring areas, which is something he was missing in CAR. I mean, he's certainly not going to keep going at the goal-per-game clip he's had alongside Jack for the entire season, but I don't think anyone should be surprised if he reaches a new career high this year, nor if that becomes his new norm if those 2 remain linemates beyond that.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
50 points? Most likely.

50 goals. I’ll predict no. He’ll get 33-38.

One could argue the chance of sustainability in an entire season with no injuries, and no slumps.
hes on a 60 goal pace right now, not to say that 50 is a lock but certainly within reach even considering slumps. I think he's a shoe in for 40, either way

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
hes on a 60 goal pace right now, not to say that 50 is a lock but certainly within reach even considering slumps. I think he's a shoe in for 40, either way

Ok... we have differing opinions ... all good :thumbu:

Sure hope you’re right ... then he’ll want 9 mil. a year for 7 years ... and the Sabres will say no thanks and move him :biglaugh:

Reactions: valet

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
50 points? Most likely.

50 goals. I’ll predict no. He’ll get 33-38.

One could argue the chance of sustainability in an entire season with no injuries, and no slumps.

I’m curious what you base this on. We really don’t have a statistical marker to use with Skinner playing with a guy on Jack’s level.

You’re effectively arguing Jack actually has no impact on Skinner’s production. So he will fall back down to his somewhat regular 33-38 goals.

I don’t think 60 will happen. 50 may be stretching it as well. But I’d like to think playing with Jack would be more than enough to get Skinner over 40 at least.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I would need to see a better idea of his shooting pct weighting it with quality shots vs just taking shots.

Are his goals up close this year because he is playing with a line mate drawing attention.

I’d comeoare to the season he put up 37 goals.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Ok... we have differing opinions ... all good :thumbu:

Sure hope you’re right ... then he’ll want 9 mil. a year for 7 years ... and the Sabres will say no thanks and move him :biglaugh:
Yeah it is kind of unfortunate that he's producing so much cap wise... It would be a much better situation if he were 23 and putting up these numbers. But alas, what can ya do?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Im not letting Skinner walk over a $1.5 M per year difference.

Sign him.

Skinner's production this season is largely due to his shooting % being 2x his shooting % over the previous 5 seasons.

Skinner: 18-19: 0.7 G/GP 0.35 A/GP 1.05 Pts/GP 21.2% Shooting%
Skinner 13-18: 0.36 G/GP 0.28 A/GP 0.63 Pts/GP 10.6% Shooting%

If the Sabres pay Skinner like the numbers he is putting up now are sustainable over the next 7 or 8 seasons, this is not going to end well.

At all.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
It will all work out. He'll have a season for the ages and get paid top dollar, finish with a really good season and get paid appropriately, or get hurt/slump/piss off and get paid appropriately.

Don't worry, be happy. He's on our team scoring goals for us right now. All is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad