Player Discussion Jeff Skinner

Do you approve of Skinner for Pu, 2019 2, 2020 3 & 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Man skinner is just a breath of fresh air so the question is who’s going to be our drury trade ? Lol we got Danny back
Are there players like Drury out there anymore? I can't think of anyone with his veteran intensity and high expectations of his teammates. We had older veterans around the kids at the start, but all that did was create factions that didn't get along.

I suppose Tavares would be a Drury type, but I'm glad we noped out of that race for the $$$ he commanded.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
You would think he'd have a clue based on the number of Sabres fans that went to the games in Raleigh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reddawg

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
I tried to convince Skinner how much more passionate Sabres fans are than Hurricanes fans, many times...

Found this in Jeff's calendar:

upload_2018-11-15_18-52-30.png

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Skinner has been my favorite non Sabre since he entered the league. Back in 2013 I was pushing for us to move Myers for him on this board. The fact we got him for a 2,3,6 and throwaway prospect instead of a top 4 rhd is just incredible. I know he would not accept any other location in a trade but the fact Carolina moved him for such little value instead of keeping him is puzzling. High end goal scoring LWers are not easy to find.

The question is how much does it take. I'm one of his biggest fans for years but I dont think he gets 9. He is a great goal scorer but giving him more then 8 is questionable considering coming into this year he was coming off a 49 point season and has never hit 40g or 70p. After the deadline give him 8 x 7.5-8 and a NMC and call it a day. I think he can be a 35-40g guy here for years. That is worth 8 in today's NHL. The 9 and above AAvs are for ppg type players/perennial 75 point scorers.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I get way more worried about term then dollars

I'd agree with that, but I can't see him signing less than 7 years no matter what, so I pretty much assume half of the term he won't living up to whatever deal he signs, with whomever he signs.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Thank you Jeff Skinner for making games exciting to watch. Yes, this is also a major kudos to Hutton, but the goal scoring has been so depressingly bad for three years at bare minimum that it's amazing to see someone on a tear while in "blue and gold". He hustles every shift. Yes, he has flows, however he's a supremely gifted scorer.

Reactions: Rasmus CacOlainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad