Player Discussion Jeff Skinner

Do you approve of Skinner for Pu, 2019 2, 2020 3 & 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Considering he's been a 25-35 goal scorer, it is fairly obvious that Carolina did not view him as a 60 goal scorer. Skinner will undoubtedly go through a cold stretch. If Jeff Skinner puts up 40g fans have no right to complain about cold streaks (they still would, though).

$7m/yr would have been a stretch before this year, and it's hard to envision him getting signing for that given that he's likely to put up 30g+ barring injury.

There are many reasons why this post is disagreeable. Buffalo provides everything a scoring winger would want. An elite Center, an elite center prospect, cap space, and a coach who has been preaching for fast 5 man attacks. For this reason he may have waived his NMC to come to the Sabres. $9m/yr would be tough to swallow but would be worth it if Botterill believes that he can stick Skinner on Eichel's wing for at least a half decade.

Kane set his market this summer. Skinner is getting 7 a year minimum.

Reactions: joshjull

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I have hope for Skinner re-signing. Like others have said, him and Eichel feed off each other so well. I think getting the chance to competing for a playoff spot, hopefully in the future, will entice him to play here.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I think Skinner re-signing is a definite possibility both from a team standpoint and from a Skinner having interest standpoint. I think he likes playing with Eichel and he mentioned Buffalo as being a plus as it's near his family. I just hope he spreads some of the scoring around a little bit as the season goes on to come down on his next cap hit.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Of course. If his agent wants to test free agency we'll have to wait in line with everyone else. No way JBot walks away empty-handed.

If The Sabres are in a playoff race and trade him for futures, fans will flip out.

Personally, I think shaking this loser image is more important right now. I want Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin and the rest of them to experience the playoffs.

Enough is enough. It can’t always be about the future.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t think this is going to matter since I think he’s going to sign here due to the combination of location and belief in future success but if the team is in a real playoff race they didn’t give up nearly enough to get him to feel pressured to get something back if he walks.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Didn't he lose a no trade by agreeing to come here? Our odds of him signing here are greater than anywhere else I'll bet.
No, Skinner was traded after his NMC/NTC was in effect. It can only be lost if the player is traded or waived before it goes into effect (eg PK Subban).

According to the CBA and General Fanager, “if a player is traded or claimed on waivers prior to the no-trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring club. An acquiring club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the player, central registry and the NHLPA.”
https://thehockeywriters.com/predators-wont-honour-p-k-subbans-no-movement-clause/
This article has a good explanation http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/01/the-nhls-gift-to-players-no-movement-clauses/

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I have no qualms with inking him @ 8 x 9.5, full NMC today. His skills are going to age like a fine wine, and playing with Jack, he'll be a game breaker.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I have no qualms with inking him @ 8 x 9.5, full NMC today. His skills are going to age like a fine wine, and playing with Jack, he'll be a game breaker.
Love Skinner and love the acquisition the day it was made but no. I would move on from anything more than 8. I would like to get him signed for 5-6 years max at 7.5 or 8. Anything higher than I will make my peace and say he needs to move on.

Unless they find a way to move Okposo's contract, 9.5 is going to hurt in the long run.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Love Skinner and love the acquisition the day it was made but no. I would move on from anything more than 8. I would like to get him signed for 5-6 years max at 7.5 or 8. Anything higher than I will make my peace and say he needs to move on.

Unless they find a way to move Okposo's contract, 9.5 is going to hurt in the long run.
A year later after the lockout it will almost certainly end up a compliance buyout.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
9.5 is crazy talk. We should be able to ink him at AAV of 8 or power. He is good quality player, but he is not game breaker which is what the 9.5+ range is for...

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Sorry, I don't know what you mean.
Pajama Boy is John Tavares not resigning with the Islanders.
356544c0-dhcqhu-ucaebczi.jpg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Pajama Boy is John Tavares not resigning with the Islanders.
356544c0-dhcqhu-ucaebczi.jpg
The fact that he is going to go down as the single most hated and despised figure in Islanders history (even more than Dale Hunter, Mike Milbury, Garth Snow, John Spano, Gluckshmuck and Millstupid or Gang of 4) while Josh Bailey is going to end up a beloved legend is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around. If you told me that 2 years ago I would've looked at you like you had two heads.

Reactions: SabresSharks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad