Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If the money is right you need to resign Petry. He brings too much to the table in the modern NHL. I'd move Juulsen instead.

Juulsen should be 1 of the pieces in a package for a LD.
Whats the right money and how long will Petry be "bring too much".

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
You would give a 34 year old 5.5M with 5 year term?
With any luck, someone will be ready to take over for him and they can move home at the deadline for assets. As long as it doesn’t hurt the playoff run of course. This year I think we’ll truly see if Bouchard can work magic with Laval and maybe Brook steps up.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd offer him the same contract he signed with us before. 5 years x 5.5 million. If he wants more money he needs to take a 3 year term.

5 years would be a bit too long for me.

I’d go 3 years 6M. If he’s looking for 7M+ a year, then I’d try to move him at the deadline.

Reactions: phillytennis

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
why would habs protect a 36 y olds dman declining with several years left
Seattle wont take him lel

Did you hear Bergevin's interview today about how happy he was with the Subban-Weber trade and how happy he is to have a leader like Weber who can play a long time like Chara?

Plus, doesn't Weber have a no-movement clause?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
big news Bergevin wont be there 2 years

and no he has no nmc
Also worth mentioning that Bergevin is full of shit every time he talks.
"Subban will be here for a long time"
"Sergachev is not going anywhere"
"Domi is a winger, not a center"
"Galchenyuk is a winger, not a center"(I know that Chucky isn't a center now, but they started playing him at center as soon as he said that)
"I have full confidence in Sylvain Lefebvre"
...etc

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Also worth mentioning that Bergevin is full of **** every time he talks.
"Subban will be here for a long time"
"Sergachev is not going anywhere"
"Domi is a winger, not a center"
"Galchenyuk is a winger, not a center"(I know that Chucky isn't a center now, but they started playing him at center as soon as he said that)
"I have full confidence in Sylvain Lefebvre"
...etc
8 Years of complete lies and no direction.
Free 5m ride every year because of #31 in the net

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
this guy don’t get no love around here but he is our best all round dman and just gets better year after year! He is an undisputed #1 RHD in the league. Fast, steady defensively, moves and skates the puck really well and produces offense without any impact to his defensive responsibilities.

So let’s trade him while his value is sky high! :DD

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I think everyone hearts him. He really is one of the best all around defensemen we've seen in years. Rarely makes big mistakes and is always consistent.

Reactions: Redux91

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
So many are just willing to trade this guy like he's just a random player we'll be able to easily replace. The guy is 6'3, skates like the wind, contributes offensively, can log a lot of minutes and all that at a bargain. People are insane to think we have anybody in the system that can replace him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So many are just willing to trade this guy like he's just a random player we'll be able to easily replace. The guy is 6'3, skates like the wind, contributes offensively, can log a lot of minutes and all that at a bargain. People are insane to think we have anybody in the system that can replace him.
+ side`````````````````````````` - side
he good`````````````````````````He 31
````````````````````````````````Not making the POs right now
````````````````````````````````Hes going to want a 8m+ contract
```````````````````````````````Hes blocking Brook, Fleury, Juulsen on the depth chart

Pacioretty
+ side``````````````````````````- side
He good `````````````````````````` He 31
``````````````````````````````````Not making the POs right now
`````````````````````````````````` Hes going to want 8m + contract​

Damn faceplam amirite. Did you want to move Pacioretty ?

Oh, would you look at that...

This is a really good trade. I don't even think we will miss Pacioretty presence in the lineup all that much. His scoring touch will be missed for sure however he increasingly became a non-factor in playoff games. I know you need guys to fill the net in regular season too and those players also serve a purpose, but you can't have 7-8 million dollar players that are ineffective in the playoffs. You could see as soon as the games became tighter and more intense he really struggled to play his game. He's not the type of winger to create on his own and he definitely did not have a center on this team that could create space for him so it was very difficult for him to excel in the situation he was in, especially in the playoffs when teams focused on shut him down. You can't ask him to do the things he's not able to..that's unfair too. Hopefully for him Vegas is a better setup for his game.

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think everyone hearts him. He really is one of the best all around defensemen we've seen in years. Rarely makes big mistakes and is always consistent.

When he was being blamed for all of Alzner's screw-ups he definitely wasn't hearted by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot