Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Petry-PressConference(20/08/01)

“We talk about following the play and supporting the attack. I just saw the puck pop out and I had the opportunity to jump there. I took an extra second to pull it in and I got the shot.”

“That was a big key to our game, the penalty kill. We obviously want to limit the number of chances they get on the power play and we found a way to kill those off. Moving forward we just have to be a little more disciplined with our sticks and make sure we don't give them those opportunities because they're a talented group over there. The more chances we give them the more trouble I think we're going to get into. We just need to focus on playing a disciplined game.”

“The guys bought in today. We've just got to focus on enjoying this one, but knowing that the next game is the biggest one...”

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Pittsburgh just hasn't looked that good to me but I feel Petry's been pretty damn solid on the whole. Really good at getting pucks through. Like someone said he probably didn't play that 2 on 1 the greatest but on the whole I feel like he's been quite good.

Get him and Weber some real partners and it would do wonders for us.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pittsburgh just hasn't looked that good to me but I feel Petry's been pretty damn solid on the whole. Really good at getting pucks through. Like someone said he probably didn't play that 2 on 1 the greatest but on the whole I feel like he's been quite good.

Get him and Weber some real partners and it would do wonders for us.
Lebrun was saying Habs going to try and extent Petry this summer. Like to have deal in place before puck drop of next season. He said Bergs wants the character on his team to build with. Like Price, Weber. Gallagher and Petry.

Way he wrote that sounds like they will try hard to sign Gallagher also. Not sure if good moves or not??

Reactions: Gains

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine Brodin with Petry? Would be unreal in terms of providing Defense and Offense and giving other teams fits! Do what it takes to get Brodin... Once November comes and no extension for Brodin from the Wild... he is available IMO! Use Domi or use our 2021 1st and maybe a piece like Poehling

Brodin / Petry
Romanov / Weber
Chiarot / Juulsen or Fleury or Kulak

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Players who are completely dead inside have an edge in playoffs hockey.

ahahah. He is just reviewing his goal in his head. Maybe it takes him so much concentration that no other parts of his body can be alive during the process...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He just seems to get better and better. You have to keep him. He has his warts but he's a big part of our team. Those warts might be less pronounced all the time but it's hard to say. I didn't watch this regular season at all so my opinion doesn't mean much

He's tracking in a Giordano-ish way.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Petry-PressConference(20/08/05)

“We were on the PK and then they threw out the extra attacker but we were still aggressive, jumping on loose pucks. We were making it hard for them to have a little bit of time to make plays and we frustrated them. They were forcing plays and we were able to get the puck out a few times.”

“I don't think we changed our gameplan in any way. It was more matter of executing our system. We show it in the later part of Game 1 and towards the end of Game 2. It was more matter of executing our system. We show it in the later part of Game 1 and towards the end of Game 2 but our focus is to make sure that's for a full game. That was our most complete game in this series. We gonna need that in Game 4. Make sure that we continue to play that way and get the results we want.”

“The puck got lost on the outside and I got it. I was looking for somebody going backdoor, but I saw a little opening around his shoulder. There’s no bad shot at this time of the year and I was able to pick my spot.”

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
He is pretty close to playing himself into the memories of Habs fans for a long time. He might even get a heroes send off when he's done playing for us. No easy feat in Habs land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad