Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
This........is when you KNOW the guy loves being in Montreal.
It is good for the team and the organization to have guys like this.
That is why not having Subban here anymore hurts a lot. He did not only pledge 10.mil per a good cause, bit he was also a role model for so many. Subban is who is his, we need people like him in life. I also do realize that he runs some people the wrong way and that's ok. In life we have to be who we are. Now if Subban pretends most of the time, well too bad for him.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-5-27_13-4-40.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Ex-Michigan State star Jeff Petry excited to get NHL season restarted with Canadiens

“As of right now, I’m just going to continue doing all the things that I need to do off the ice to prepare myself for when that time comes and be ready to head out (to Montreal).

“I’m kind of treating it as summer workouts, then doing my cardio, and with the start still a little while away. I’m not too concerned about being on the ice. I know once we get back, we’ll have adequate time to get adjusted.”

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure how accurate I got these stats but this is what I came up with. Anybody check this for me? Petry is a very solid top 4D... arguably a great #2 or #3. I can only dream of the Habs finding someone for him to play with. Romanov might fit but it's early.

Petry's production without Weber in the line-up:
-17/18: 31 pts with 9 goals in 49 games.
-18/19: 17 pts with 2 goals in 24 games.
-19/20: 2 pts with 1 goal in 6 games.
* 50 pts and 12 goals in 79 games.
* Prorates to 52 pts with 13 goals (82 game season)

Petry's production with Weber in the line-up:
-17/18:
11 pts with 3 goals in 33 games.
-18/19: 29 pts with 11 goals in 58 games.
-19/20: 38 pts with 10 goals in 65 games.
* 78 pts and 24 goals in 156 games.
* Prorates to 41 pts with 13 goals (82 game season)

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Not sure how accurate I got these stats but this is what I came up with. Anybody check this for me? Petry is a very solid top 4D... arguably a great #2 or #3. I can only dream of the Habs finding someone for him to play with. Romanov might fit but it's early.

Petry's production without Weber in the line-up:
-17/18: 31 pts with 9 goals in 49 games.
-18/19: 17 pts with 2 goals in 24 games.
-19/20: 2 pts with 1 goal in 6 games.
* 50 pts and 12 goals in 79 games.
* Prorates to 52 pts with 13 goals (82 game season)

Petry's production with Weber in the line-up:
-17/18:
11 pts with 3 goals in 33 games.
-18/19: 29 pts with 11 goals in 58 games.
-19/20: 38 pts with 10 goals in 65 games.
* 78 pts and 24 goals in 156 games.
* Prorates to 41 pts with 13 goals (82 game season)
Great #2 defenceman that can step up, eat the minutes, and put up the points when the #1 is out.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would love to see a top 4D like this next year... Brodin with Petry would create a very good shutdown D in front of Price... finally. Then Add youngsters in Romanov and Juulsen on the 3rd pair. Brodin and Petry... get it done Bergevin

Chiarot / Weber
Brodin / Petry
Romanov / Juulsen

Mete, Kulak

M0IXn8O.jpg

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I'm of the opinion that if we win the lottery we keep Jeff and if we don't then we move him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would love to see a top 4D like this next year... Brodin with Petry would create a very good shutdown D in front of Price... finally. Then Add youngsters in Romanov and Juulsen on the 3rd pair. Brodin and Petry... get it done Bergevin

Chiarot / Weber
Brodin / Petry
Romanov / Juulsen

Mete, Kulak

M0IXn8O.jpg

While the team would prevent more goals, there would be no offence coming from the Habs D, from other than Petry, and they’d still have an bad PP. You can’t just keep the same unit of guys getting older (Weber and Jeff)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It is good for the team and the organization to have guys like this.
That is why not having Subban here anymore hurts a lot. He did not only pledge 10.mil per a good cause, bit he was also a role model for so many. Subban is who is his, we need people like him in life. I also do realize that he runs some people the wrong way and that's ok. In life we have to be who we are. Now if Subban pretends most of the time, well too bad for him.

You speak as if he died. He's still who he is even if he was traded from Montreal and he still honours his pledge for the kids here.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Chiarot / Weber
Brodin / Petry
Romanov / Juulsen

Mete, Kulak

M0IXn8O.jpg

If we get Brodin for Poehling (MINN native and a C that team desperately needs) and a 3rd round pick or something that doesn't touch our other core forwards (I'd be okay with our latest 2nd round pick in 2020), I'm eagerly awaiting his arrival.

Why does it need to be for something like that?

Because I'd then trade Domi to another team that is looking for a 2nd line C and acquire what will really be needed shortly in Montreal -- a top-4 RD that is much younger than Weber OR Petry.

I'd then move Petry for real assets back, like another 1st rounder and a LW prospect.

I'd love to see a D of:

Brodin - Weber (as a real shutdown pair with less brain farts than if we had Petry there)
Chiarot - Ristolainen
Romanov - Juulsen

- Becoming, as soon as Romanov can handle the greater responsibilities -

Romanov - Ristolainen
Brodin - Weber
Chiarot - Juulsen

The C-line would start as Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Evans and eventually, hopefully, grow into Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Danault, Evans. Four eventually solid two-way Cs with diminishing offensive returns. A C-line but for the playoffs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Screenshot_20200707-133932_Instagram.jpg

Looks like Petry will be making his way to Montreal after his final date for a long time with wifey.

He'll be given the proper send off, like a soldier a day before being deployed overseas. ;)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm of the opinion that if we win the lottery we keep Jeff and if we don't then we move him.

Lafrienere or no Lafreniere has no impact on Petry. Juulsen, Fleury, and Brook do though.

Good news? Juulsen gets to play in the play in round cause he is finally healthy (it appears anyways). If the kids show ability to replace Petry, maybe we do trade him. I think Petry likes it in Montreal and might sign a team friendly deal. As long as the term is not over 3 or 4 years, I'm fine with it. If he wants the best deal possible, we can find that out this next off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad