Value of: Jeff Carter

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yes he is past his prime and old but he is a goalscorer first. Always has been.

Of course LA will get anything for him on this pace. You act incredibly stupid, as only one so far. Though I rather keep him and retire as King.

Yeah just waive a +20 goal scorer because Junohockeyfan says he is past in prime... Its always this black/white for you ?

None of what you said above makes any sense. "Of course LA will get anything for him on this pace". What does that mean?

If you are implying that of course LA would not get anything for him... then you have finally seen the light. Its not just black and white.... its obvious. Anyone who dares compare Carter to Zucker and ignore age difference and current production is a complete homer.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
None of what you said above makes any sense. "Of course LA will get anything for him on this pace". What does that mean?

If you are implying that of course LA would not get anything for him... then you have finally seen the light. Its not just black and white.... its obvious. Anyone who dares compare Carter to Zucker and ignore age difference and current production is a complete homer.

One player has a shooting percentage of 9.1% (right on league average) other is at 17.5%(regression Alert)
One player kills penalties one does not
One player plays center and wins over 50% of face offs, other is winger

Obviously I am cherry pciking stats, but my point was that a contender can fit 5.5M x 3+ they would also be able to fit 5.3 x 2+. Carter has value.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
One player has a shooting percentage of 9.1% (right on league average) other is at 17.5%(regression Alert)
One player kills penalties one does not
One player plays center and wins over 50% of face offs, other is winger

Obviously I am cherry pciking stats, but my point was that a contender can fit 5.5M x 3+ they would also be able to fit 5.3 x 2+. Carter has value.

There is no debating with you. I claim he has no value at full contract. You claim he has value.

I don't see any non LA HF member offering anything of value for Carter in this thread, at full contract value. Do you? I mean.... any contender is thinking - no f***ing way do i touch that contract....

You are living in a dream....

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Plus trying to undercut someone's scoring pace to lower their value when someone slightly over estimated it...I've never understood the value there.

23 goals or 25 goals...Carter brings a lot more to the table then just goals. If you want just points, there are other players available.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Please someone... name one team that would trade value for Jeff Carter. No retention - straight up. One team please!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
There is no debating with you. I claim he has no value at full contract. You claim he has value.

I don't see any non LA HF member offering anything of value for Carter in this thread, at full contract value. Do you? I mean.... any contender is thinking - no ****ing way do i touch that contract....

You are living in a dream....

I am living in a world where LA is better to keep him (post of mine #1), and he is not likely available.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I am living in a world where LA is better to keep him (post of mine #1), and he is not likely available.

You are living in a world where LA is better off to keep him because no one would take him at full caphit without a sweetener going their way.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
You are living in a world where LA is better off to keep him because no one would take him at full caphit without a sweetener going their way.

Regardless of how we disagree on value bottom line is no contending team could take him without some salary going back the other or retention. Not because of value but because of how tight 99% of the league is to the cap.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Where did I compare him with Zucker ? Dont make stuff up.

With Zucker you trade for long term and with Carter for retirement. Yet that does not mean the difference between both is 1st, promising prospect and waiver fodder.

With pace I mean that Carter will probably end up with 22-25 goals.

Dont call others a homer due to your own ignorance (waiving a vet with 16 goals on a bottom dwellar, after 3/4th of the season).

Madness.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Please someone... name one team that would trade value for Jeff Carter. No retention - straight up. One team please!

Well if he ticks the boxes of being on the decline, potentially a cap risk due to it, and recently unable to play defense... sounds like someone should throw up the bat signal for Jason Botterill.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why is your entire argument based around LA not being able to retain, when they can retain 50% and only have to pay a little over $2m over the rest of his contract.

Because the kind gentleman i was debating with argued that if Zucker could be traded for value, so could Carter in a similar manner. Which is absurd.

I agree that the ONLY way to trade Carter is with retention! Even with retention i don't see a high return for Carter because of his age and decline.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Regardless of how we disagree on value bottom line is no contending team could take him without some salary going back the other or retention. Not because of value but because of how tight 99% of the league is to the cap.

I agree with the first premise, but not the second. I don't see Carter having much value regardless.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If you want to find out what the true value of a player is (according to the fans) go to the team page (and especially the GDT). Regarding Carter, the disconnect between this thread and what the fans say about him on the team page is remarkable.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
If you want to find out what the true value of a player is (according to the fans) go to the team page (and especially the GDT). Regarding Carter, the disconnect between this thread and what the fans say about him on the team page is remarkable.

Well, I'm not sure if that's the best way either. A vocal portion of our fans seem to think Kopitar's a bum...

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Carter has no real value. Could be had for pennies on the dollar. Has been a non factor the last two years in LA and he is now basically taking up roster space.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
The "Carter would retire" thing is the best example of why rumors are stupid. It gets mentioned in every thread and immediately debunked but is guaranteed to still pop up in the next thread.
Can we just blame it on Eklund and be done with it ?

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Carter is wallowing in the cellar with the Kings and who would be very motivated when there is nothing at stake. Put carter on Crosby, Mcdavid or Bergerons wing and he's a legit 30+ goal scorer again.

Hit cap hit is $5.2 Million, actual salary $2 million. kings retain half 2.5mil/1mil

Reactions: YP44

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Carter is wallowing in the cellar with the Kings and who would be very motivated when there is nothing at stake. Put carter on Crosby, Mcdavid or Bergerons wing and he's a legit 30+ goal scorer again.

Hit cap hit is $5.2 Million, actual salary $2 million. kings retain half 2.5mil/1mil

So he needs generational centermen (or superstar in the case of Bergeron) to turn him into quality player? Sign me up then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad