Value of: Jeff Carter

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Yes, but if there were a 2nd round pick attached to Neal, how about then?
L A does don't have a McDavid to pad points, so the plus would have to be big since Carter is at least an everyday player without Kopi. The plus is not even worth mentioning since its probably going to cause a stink

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Kovalchuk can produce like he has away from LA, I wonder how much gas a guy like Carter has left in the tank if he were playing meaningful hockey? His contract isn't crazy either - $5,272,727 for two more years after this season. If the Kings retained $1,272,727 (about 25%), you'd have Carter for two years at $4 million. And no, he isn't retiring.

Hell, here's an idea.

To Pittsburgh: Jeff Carter (50% retained, $2,636,363)
To Los Angeles: 2021 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick

Pittsburgh gets Carter as their 3C, and he can easily slot up next to Malkin or Crosby on the wing if need be.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Carter at 50 is very attractive.

What's the cost for that kind of retention?

Edit: It was a Kings fan above me, I read the post and didn't look at who posted it. Duh.

A second and a third? That's interesting...

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Carter can still play. He was bad last year.
This year Id say 1 out of every 5 games hes one of the best players on the ice. Looks like a man amongst boys.
The other 4 out of every 5 games it looks like he has no interest in being a hockey player.
I wonder if he would be better off on a competitive team that holds all players accountable. On the Kings he can dog it all he wants and it doesnt matter. The rookies and Russian players are the only ones that get benched.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Carter at 50 is very attractive.

What's the cost for that kind of retention?

Edit: It was a Kings fan above me, I read the post and didn't look at who posted it. Duh.

A second and a third? That's interesting...

With retention I’d definitely explore that option as a Jets fan. Plug in some of the Jets skilled wingers and maybe he has a rejuvenation of sorts.

Reactions: Cogburn

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d love to add Carter as a fan of both teams heading in opposite directions.

Carter 50% retention

Puljujarvi + pick

Grant I think Poolparty will be a decent winger with a change of scenery. If not, swap with Samorukov who is a pretty good LD prospect worth the equivalent of a 2nd

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If he is ok with playing Right Wing I would think Calgary might be interested. Right shot and could probably get him for relatively cheap. Brings leadership and pedigree.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I’d love to add Carter as a fan of both teams heading in opposite directions.

Carter 50% retention

Puljujarvi + pick

Grant I think Poolparty will be a decent winger with a change of scenery. If not, swap with Samorukov who is a pretty good LD prospect worth the equivalent of a 2nd

Poolparty + 2nd for Carter @ 50% would be alright by me.

Reactions: Nodoughtyboutit

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
No fuzzy math here, just a guy whose finally healed and is on pace for 20+ goals on one of the worse offensive teams in the NHL and one of the worse offensive teams of the past decade.
$5+mill caphit, $2mill annual salary and would be the ideal 3C on a contending team..
With that said, i would do a Carter for Ghost or something similar.. essentially an overpaid player for a useful older player thats also slightly overpaid.
Kupari durzi Carter for ghost rubstov

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
Hell, here's an idea.

To Pittsburgh: Jeff Carter (50% retained, $2,636,363)
To Los Angeles: 2021 2nd round pick, 2020 3rd round pick

Pittsburgh gets Carter as their 3C, and he can easily slot up next to Malkin or Crosby on the wing if need be.

Pens are likely already going to have to make moves to stay under the cap next season with the Zucker acquisition. No chance they take on that contract.

Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Carter gets pucks on net, and into the net, on a team that struggles horrifically at that. See the difference between Kovalchuk on LA and Kovalchuk in Montreal? Yeah, now imagine Carter on a team where his strengths are utilized instead of hindered.

agreed so waive him orctrade him for futures. No one will take a risk on Carter, with his caphit, unless he has proven himself to be productive now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad