Value of: Jeff Carter

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Jeff Carter has 16 goals, on pace for around 25 or so.

He has another two years left on his contract with a 5.2 million dollar cap hit.

With injuries to Kadri and McDavid do you think there is a market for a guy like Carter?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Hasn’t he threatened to retire if he was traded in the past?
No. That's something the media made up.

D3pv6NmU0AAl3Hf

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

He has another two years left on his contract with a 5.2 million dollar cap hit.

With injuries to Kadri and McDavid do you think there is a market for a guy like Carter?

After looking closely at Carter vs Rangers at the Kakko goal i highly doubt that any team in the league would even consider trading for Carter. This is usually stuff that bumps you out of the league

Reactions: Fat Elvis

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
After looking closely at Carter vs Rangers at the Kakko goal i highly doubt that any team in the league would even consider trading for Carter. This is usually stuff that bumps you out of the league
Kovalchuk had worse moments and has been Montreal's best player the past month.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

If I were the flyers I would trade for him aslong as 50% retention is something la would be willing to do, we have lots of pieces your team would like and I think carter could help out our team quite a bit with 3rd line depth, but like I said only if retention is there

Reactions: Basilisk

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Well seeing that Carter has more goals than Zucker and a similar contract (Though being older) I can see him landing a 2nd if we retained.
I’d give you a 2nd if he was 50% retention the zucker trade was so inflated because Galchenyuk’ contract had to go the other way

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kovalchuk had worse moments and has been Montreal's best player the past month.

And nobody was touching Kovalchuk with the contract he had with the Kings, even if he was 2nd only to Ovechkin as the darling of the league at the time.

Well seeing that Carter has more goals than Zucker and a similar contract (Though being older) I can see him landing a 2nd if we retained.

7 years older. 35 year olds with 2 years left aren't worth much, even at 50%. Maybe if he was a UFA this year, and you got a team desperate at the deadline. When you still have to account for a guy, one way or another, that old for 2 additional seasons, it makes it tough. If this was 1999, he'd already be on the Rangers 4th line.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
fuzzy math i see
No fuzzy math here, just a guy whose finally healed and is on pace for 20+ goals on one of the worse offensive teams in the NHL and one of the worse offensive teams of the past decade.
$5+mill caphit, $2mill annual salary and would be the ideal 3C on a contending team..
With that said, i would do a Carter for Ghost or something similar.. essentially an overpaid player for a useful older player thats also slightly overpaid.

Reactions: YP44

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
If a Neal for Carter trade were doable, I would be in from an Edmonton perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->