Kings News: Jeff Carter Activated; Will Play 11/25

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
lol. what???

77 reported stiffness and it was decided he should take another couple of games off so that it can heal properly. I can say that he said he felt ready to go prior to the team leaving but I guess the decision as is most often the case was made for him.

He sure thought he was going to be back in Buff a couple of days ago but things change.

As long as the call up kids can keep playing well the team hasn't any reason to rush anyone back.

TT and Lindy are playing pretty solid so far. LV will need more time to adjust but looks less shaky each game.

With Marty (amart) and Muzzin both showing improvements (though amart merely needed some ice time to prove to DS that he was/is wrong about him) Greene can take time to heal and with George and King playing their best NHL hockey so far this year we are looking very good and as I have been saying very very deep as an org.

This is what he said earlier in the thread.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty certain that Carter didn't tell anything to TG directly. I'm guessing that TG probably heard this from a source he deemed reliable and has passed along the information.

Well, I'm not sure one way or the other since only TG can answer that but I'm gonna assume that Carter said that to someone and that's why I felt that it wasn't a serious fracture. It's still going to be called a broken foot no matter what. I don't think they are going the come out and say that it's an incomplete fracture of the fifth metatarsal or something.

But I could completely wrong and trying to do some serious wishful thinking cause I don't want Carter to miss significant time :(

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Any update after seeing the doctor on Tuesday to reexamine the foot?

yeah, the news was bad.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/11/14/lat-report-carter-to-miss-more-time/

Carter, who had his right foot in a walking boot because of a fracture, was re-evaluated Thursday in Los Angeles and Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi received the updated medical report later in the day.

“Could be at lower end of three to six weeks,” said Lombardi, who was with the Kings for their game against the Islanders on Thursday night here at Nassau Coliseum.

Could be out several more weeks.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
yeah, the news was bad.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/11/14/lat-report-carter-to-miss-more-time/

Carter, who had his right foot in a walking boot because of a fracture, was re-evaluated Thursday in Los Angeles and Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi received the updated medical report later in the day.

“Could be at lower end of three to six weeks,†said Lombardi, who was with the Kings for their game against the Islanders on Thursday night here at Nassau Coliseum.

Could be out several more weeks.

Jeff coming back will be nice, but I hope he waits until 100 percent to come back. It's a long season and I'd rather see him flying out there rather than playing like brown has with his injury.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Jeff coming back will be nice, but I hope he waits until 100 percent to come back. It's a long season and I'd rather see him flying out there rather than playing like brown has with his injury.

Exactly. Get it completely healed up now. Toffoli is doing a fine job filling in on the 2nd line while Carter recovers.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Does anyone know if it's the same foot that he previously injured prior to us acquirng him from the Bluejackets?

Yep, in fact, this is actually the third time since hurt his right foot in Philly as well. He probably just needs to get the whole thing replaced :sarcasm:

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
he needs to start wearing fenders if he isn't already. i'm assuming he's having issues due to taking pucks to the feet. the fenders would help protect him

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
He was on the ice after practice today, so that's a good sign!

FOr him too, he sounded (interview ) frustrated thru today when he could get on skates. And I hope he takes his time, I think he came back to soon in the 2012 playoffs and it affected him.
DL said the 'lower end of 3-6 more weeks" a week ago. So hopefully, he's beack by 12/11 vs the Leafs.

He's far too valuable a commodity to risk. And somebody needs to invent a pair of skates with steel or titanium or some break proof casing to protect his glass feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00