Kings News: Jeff Carter Activated; Will Play 11/25

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
And somebody needs to invent a pair of skates with steel or titanium or some break proof casing to protect his glass feet.

it exists. i asked earlier why he isn't using them already based on the past issues he's had. to often these guys will wear them in practice (if at all), but won't wear them during games.

WebSkateGuardsIce0023.jpg

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
it exists. i asked earlier why he isn't using them already based on the past issues he's had. to often these guys will wear them in practice (if at all), but won't wear them during games.

These things are great! I really don't know why they aren't used more in the NHL. I've had mine for about 10 months now and the extra protection is invaluable! They weigh almost nothing and absorb so much more of the puck impact than just the boot would.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
These things are great! I really don't know why they aren't used more in the NHL. I've had mine for about 10 months now and the extra protection is invaluable! They weigh almost nothing and absorb so much more of the puck impact than just the boot would.

i've never played or worn them. do you think they restrict any movement? that would be my only concern.

the new skate boots are so lightweight, they provide virtually zero protection from pucks. compared to the older leather boots the new heat formed boots give no protection. i think Carts uses either the Bauer supreme or vapors, both of which have next to zero protection

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Has the NHL or NHLPA approved these for use in games? That could be a hold up.

Additionally, the NHL is trying to crackdown on goalie equipment, so maybe they are opposed to allowing goalies to use them, and by extension, the skaters as well. Easier to block all players from using them than just the goalies I'd imagine.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Has the NHL or NHLPA approved these for use in games? That could be a hold up.

Additionally, the NHL is trying to crackdown on goalie equipment, so maybe they are opposed to allowing goalies to use them, and by extension, the skaters as well. Easier to block all players from using them than just the goalies I'd imagine.

i've seen some guys wearing them in games. the only time i have seen them though is on someone coming back from a foot injury....go figure. after a few games they won't be wearing them any longer.

i think the bigger issue is the same reason it has taken to long for helmets and then visors to be mandated. the players aren't cool with it, so they put on the big front called "player choice" instead of being smart about it and protecting themselves. not to mention the unspoken peer acceptance and cool factor. face it, there are certain things you do and dont do when it comes to what you wear to play and how you do it. that is the reason you don't see players wearing 99 on a jersey, unless it says Gretzky. there are certain numbers you don't wear

it doesn't make much sense in today's game of teams playing systems to block shots, one piece high tech sticks, skates that are 'skinnied' down and 100mph slap shots. go ahead and get your feet in front of Weber or Chara's shot, while wearing a pair of Bauer Supremes. good luck walking away from that.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Same! Love them. The only drawback is the chirps for my laminated foot.

i've never played or worn them. do you think they restrict any movement? that would be my only concern.

the new skate boots are so lightweight, they provide virtually zero protection from pucks. compared to the older leather boots the new heat formed boots give no protection. i think Carts uses either the Bauer supreme or vapors, both of which have next to zero protection

Not in the slightest, and these are the low-budget version. If you remember a few years back, Pronger and others had some carbon-fiber(kevlar? forget) versions that were even lighter and more protective.

And agree on the Bauers. They're like wearing paper on your instep/outstep.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Good news!

@lakingsinsider: Sutter, on whether Carter could play tomorrow: "I would say that’s doubtful. It’s day-to-day now. It’s not week-to-week."

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Good news!

@lakingsinsider: Sutter, on whether Carter could play tomorrow: "I would say that’s doubtful. It’s day-to-day now. It’s not week-to-week."

This begs the question, what to do with Toffoli? It seems like a waste of his talent to have him anywhere but the top six. Of the current top six wingers, I'd say Brown has been the weakest performer.

KingKopitar11*

This begs the question, what to do with Toffoli? It seems like a waste of his talent to have him anywhere but the top six. Of the current top six wingers, I'd say Brown has been the weakest performer.

Honestly believe you keep Toffoli up with Vey on the third line. You can't have him playing with third liners and Vey is a top 6 play maker so it helps Toffoli.

I don't see how Toffoli would be sent down. He's just been too good.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Good news!

Wait so no more 3-6 weeks. Did he get the foot transplant we were talking about?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Good news!

Best news I've heard in a while. He would have buried a goal last night during that 3-on-3 in OT.

Toffoli - Kopitar - Williams
King - Richards - Carter
Brown - Stoll - Frattin
Carcillo - Vey - Lewis

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Wait so no more 3-6 weeks. Did he get the foot transplant we were talking about?
That's something I will never understand either. This is not the first time this happens.

Its difficult to give a timetable but going from week-to-week to day-to-day is odd.

I wont complain though.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Best news I've heard in a while. He would have buried a goal last night during that 3-on-3 in OT.

Toffoli - Kopitar - Williams
King - Richards - Carter
Brown - Stoll - Frattin
Carcillo - Vey - Lewis

Yes, I thought of JC watching that and all that open ice. What a waste.
Curious that Sutter said that when last week DL said it was the lower end of 3 to 6 more weeks. As long as it's fully healed.

TT isn't a LW, so he won't be playing with AK and JW.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
That's something I will never understand either. This is not the first time this happens.

Its difficult to give a timetable but going from week-to-week to day-to-day is odd.

I wont complain though.

It was what I thought it would be earlier based on what I saw and read, but then DL came out and said 3-6 weeks and I was like 'Well I guess I'm an idiot' :laugh:

Maybe we could get the same reversal for Quick? *crosses fingers*

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
It was what I thought it would be earlier based on what I saw and read, but then DL came out and said 3-6 weeks and I was like 'Well I guess I'm an idiot' :laugh:

Maybe we could get the same reversal for Quick? *crosses fingers*

It is already three weeks since his last game...

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It is already three weeks since his last game...
`

DL's comment was last week, after JC's foot was reexamined. He was asked for status and said it would be the lower end of 3 to 6 more weeks. That would have been sometime after 12/7.

So Carter practicing is a surprise.

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
DS put Williams with Vey and Pearson for 1 shift last night, and I so wished they would have scored a goal. If they would have found chemistry, Toffoli could slide up next to Kopitar.

I'm thinking when Carter comes back, Sutter will want to keep Toffoli with Richards, so probably Richards-Carter-Toffoli.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Brown/Kopitar/Toffoli would be a terrible line.

Williams is a dominant possession guy. It's why Williams gets moved sometimes to kick start other lines.

I like Toffoli , but he needs a player like Williams on the other side of him, not Brown.

Cause Toffoli is not going to win any puck battles. Kopitar can't carry Toffoli and Brown(possession wise).

Kopitar is not that kind of center, he is not Crosby.

King/Richards/Toffoli works. Slide Carter to third line Center.

Spread the depth out.

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
King/Richards/Toffoli
Carcillo/Carter/Frattin.....Carcillo/Frattin's job is just get Carter the puck.
Vey/Stoll/Lewis

Once Carter gets his legs and timing back.

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
King/Richards/Carter
Carcillo/Vey/Toffoli
Lewis/Stoll/Nolan/Frattin (It's a real shame Frattin can't play LW)

At the Deadline look to trade Clifford. No one makes a good offer, keep him for the postseason run, someone is going to get injured.

Last edited:

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I'm not sure if it's been discussed here but does anyone see a scenario where DL might be interested in acquiring Jagr at the trade deadline?

Stupid idea?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I'm not sure if it's been discussed here but does anyone see a scenario where DL might be interested in acquiring Jagr at the trade deadline?

Stupid idea?

He won't be available. NJ will make the playoffs or be close enough at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00