Player Discussion: Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Looks like "Senile, asleep at the switch, old Lou" picked up a real hockey player, a guy who plays the entire game not just offense, a team guy. Gee I wonder what past Islander GM also looked for this type of player?
Agree. Snow would be proud.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Hard to believe, how one game can make a fanbase love you. But JG, I can say is already loved as an Islander. I'll take him at 5M per easily over Pajamas at 11M per 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Great job by Lou and Dorion to get this deal done fairly for both teams.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Hard to believe, how one game can make a fanbase love you. But JG, I can say is already loved as an Islander. I'll take him at 5M per easily over Pajamas at 11M per 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Great job by Lou and Dorion to get this deal done fairly for both teams.

I don't disagree, but what the f*** does JPG have to do with Tavares? Must you bring him up in almost every post?

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
I'm so happy to see Pageau already making a great impact in New York. As has been said by other Sens fans, he was one of my favourite players on the team. I didn't want to root for any ex-Sens players last year in the playoffs (love them but was feeling a little disenchanted), but I will definitely be rooting for you all in the playoffs this year. I'll root for my team to win the lottery ;).

You all are so lucky to have him. I'll be watching closely how he does. I'll be at the game in Ottawa next month too - expect to hear a Pageau, Pageau Pageau chant during that game. I don't think I know anyone who didn't love him.

Take good care of him :nod::):thumbu:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't disagree, but what the f*ck does JPG have to do with Tavares? Must you bring him up in almost every post?
Well a lot of us still talk about him here. But he does fit in the conversation doesn't he? If the Isles were paying him 11M per year, the Isles would not be able to afford Pageau and probably be in a pickle to resign Barzal. Like it or not. This does matter. I would rather have Pageau at 5M per than Tavares at 11M per going fwd.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Well a lot of us still talk about him here. But he does fit in the conversation doesn't he? If the Isles were paying him 11M per year, the Isles would not be able to afford Pageau and probably be in a pickle to resign Barzal. Like it or not. This does matter. I would rather have Pageau at 5M per than Tavares at 11M per going fwd.

Tavares can be relative to any discussion if you want him to be. But it's forced. Being happy to have Pageau has nothing to do with Tavares. It wasn't an "either/or" situation between the two players. Tavares walked almost 2 years ago and Pageau just got here.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
You all are so lucky to have him. I'll be watching closely how he does. I'll be at the game in Ottawa next month too - expect to hear a Pageau, Pageau Pageau chant during that game. I don't think I know anyone who didn't love him.

I gotta believe that game will have the Pageau, Pageau, Pageau chant throughout.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tavares can be relative to any discussion if you want him to be. But it's forced. Being happy to have Pageau has nothing to do with Tavares. It wasn't an "either/or" situation between the two players. Tavares walked almost 2 years ago and Pageau just got here.
Sorry man, I think you are overreacting here with rather having Pageau at 5M to Tavares at 11M. Also one guy saying and backing up he already loves the organization, fans, and teammates, and backing it up on the ice is so refreshing, that it is hard not to think of Tavares and how he left. Greene waived his NTC to play here, Parise waived his NTC to play here, Pageau is traded and is honored to be an Islander. All this in light of Traitor leaving for what looked like greener pastures. It means everything to the conversation. I respectfully disagree with you. If it doesn't mean something to you, then I will respect this. But don't tell me it doesn't still mean something to Isles fans. It certainly does to me.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Sorry man, I think you are overreacting here with rather having Pageau at 5M to Tavares at 11M. Also one guy saying and backing up he already loves the organization, fans, and teammates, and backing it up on the ice is so refreshing, that it is hard not to think of Tavares and how he left. Greene waived his NTC to play here, Parise waived his NTC to play here, Pageau is traded and is honored to be an Islander. All this in light of Traitor leaving for what looked like greener pastures. It means everything to the conversation. I respectfully disagree with you. If it doesn't mean something to you, then I will respect this. But don't tell me it doesn't still mean something to Isles fans. It certainly does to me.

This post sums up what I'm getting at. Good day sir.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You cannot and should not bring him into every discussion.
I have barely mentioned him of late unless someone else brought him up. In this discussion I did bring him up, since the point was on Pageau, and how lucky the Isles are to have him. Pageau has virtually the same amount of goals as Tavares, and he is paid 6M less. He would not be here if the Isles resigned JT, pretty sure of this. Pageau also wants to be here by him committing to 6 years. I think he fits in more. Post was more to do with Pageau than JT. That's my 2 cents.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Trotz also said:

"What a great pickup by [general manager Lou Lamoriello]. The picks are nothing, I can tell you that.”

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I can’t believe SENILE LOU gave up ASSETS for this RENTAL third liner and then overpaid him by 250k! We would’ve been better off if Lou kept sleeping and did NOTHING!!!!!

Man. Maloney, Milbury, Smith, Snow. That's a 25 year GM losing streak right there.
But Snow drafted Barzal

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
But Snow drafted Barzal
That trade to get the pick for Barzal from Chia was the hockey GM equivalent of the old joke about the guy putting on sneakers when being chased by a bear, where his friend says he won't be able to outrun the bear and he responds that he doesn't need to outrun the bear, he only needs to outrun his friend.

Reactions: periferal

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Pageau and Bailey seemed to really gel together.
I wonder if they're both defensively sound enough to cover up for Bellows to Trotz' satisfaction, because he seems like he'd be a good fit with them (shooter).

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I wonder if they're both defensively sound enough to cover up for Bellows to Trotz' satisfaction, because he seems like he'd be a good fit with them (shooter).
I’d really like to see that tomorrow against STL. I would keep MDC out for precaution no matter what tomorrow and this is the most logical replacement in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad