Player Discussion: Jean-Gabriel Pageau

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Always Liked Him.... I wish we could see the player again that he was when he first got here....

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Always Liked Him.... I wish we could see the player again that he was when he first got here....
Scoring was a little down last year but who's wasn't with us?

Faceoffs were solid, hits were up, played strong D and checking game and hustles his ass off.

I think he was good last year. Not great but not a liability

Reactions: Lek

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Where has the time gone? Seems just like yesterday the Isles traded for him at the TD. Not saying JPG will be traded but his No trade turns MTC this year. In a summer of uncertainty the way I see it, it's a good to note this.
Something I'd be a fan of is seeing him traded here to Colorado. Having him center Lehkonen & Nuke would be an amazing shutdown line for the duration of our prime contending window, along with a reasonable cap hit for a #2C. In exchange you guys get the cap space needed to sign Kadri, win-win!

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
Another boring player epitomizes what Lou wants on the ice. 3, 4 million a year guys who think defense 1st, 2nd, and last,.......who won't be seeing any all star games. Too many of these guys on this team for my taste..

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Something I'd be a fan of is seeing him traded here to Colorado. Having him center Lehkonen & Nuke would be an amazing shutdown line for the duration of our prime contending window, along with a reasonable cap hit for a #2C. In exchange you guys get the cap space needed to sign Kadri, win-win!
I was thinking the same thing, he would be a nice fit in Colorado. I am not sure Sakic would pay a price for it though. And Lou would only do this if he signed Kadri. I don't know what Kadri's price is, I find 8M+ too pricey. If he would go down to 7M, I can see a better fit. Otherwise, Pageau at 5M and bouncing back is the more prudent choice for the Isles perhaps.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think the best we could do is Pageau for Girard? Then you couldn't sign Kadri, though...but does Colorado really need more scoring?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think the best we could do is Pageau for Girard? Then you couldn't sign Kadri, though...but does Colorado really need more scoring?
If Kadri signs elsewhere we'll need to get a legit #2C for sure. However I'm not so sure that Sakic will trade Girard just yet, more likely IMO is another Lehkonen/Manson esque midseason trade for a #2C and giving this defense one more run before having to retool it a bit. I also doubt JGP has that kind of value anyways.

One thing I could see happening is Kadri agreeing to sign with the Islanders, with a JGP/Palmeri/Beau etc trade lined up.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If Kadri signs elsewhere we'll need to get a legit #2C for sure. However I'm not so sure that Sakic will trade Girard just yet, more likely IMO is another Lehkonen/Manson esque midseason trade for a #2C and giving this defense one more run before having to retool it a bit. I also doubt JGP has that kind of value anyways.

One thing I could see happening is Kadri agreeing to sign with the Islanders, with a JGP/Palmeri/Beau etc trade lined up.
I'd rather trade Pageau for picks and prospects if their plan was to sign Kadri and trade him (not saying I agree with that sequence of events, just speaking on return).

Oluasson or Foudy with a pick.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'd rather trade Pageau for picks and prospects if their plan was to sign Kadri and trade him (not saying I agree with that sequence of events, just speaking on return).

Oluasson or Foudy with a pick.
I could see that. I wouldn't love it, not a huge fan of how much we're eating through our prospects.. but I could definitely see it happening.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I could see that. I wouldn't love it, not a huge fan of how much we're eating through our prospects.. but I could definitely see it happening.
I wouldn't worry, I can't see NYI paying Kadri 8M per to be a 3C even though bringing him on board would provide insurance in case they can't ink Barzal to a long term extension (or if Raty busts) and give them three legit scoring lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad