Player Discussion: Jean-Gabriel Pageau

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Originally I thought it was a bit of an overpayment.

But the Leaf board is screaming about how bad an overpayment it was, and how bad the subsequent extension is (and I guess they should know all about that), and ranting about how senile Lou is, so now I'm convinced that it was a good deal. :nod:

Considering they're the joke of the league with the Zamboni thing, Lehner trolling The Snake, and their fraud GM, they need something to latch onto...

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Enjoy Pager, he's a pro, a glue guy who never takes a night off.

The best part about him is he elevates his game to beastmode in the playoffs and can make guys like Crosby, Malkin and company look invisible.

Prepare to fall if love with him.

Sad to see him go but the Sens won't be peaking anytime soon so it was best for him to move on to a team such are yours.

Best of luck to you in the playoffs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A goal, a fight, just missing an assist for the Gordie Howe hattrick. Really you could not ask for much more from his debut, won faceoffs, good defensively, heady player and has has heart. Didn't hesitate going after Trouba on the hit on MDC. He is already loved on the Island with his own ole ole chant. Nice debut.

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
Offensive zone faceoff wins leading to scoring chances and/or sustained pressure. Hitting an open net. He's already more accomplished than just about anyone else on the team.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Goal, fight, 70% on faceoffs in his debut. The more I read about him and see him play, the more I love the trade and signing. Put him with a goal scorer on one side and a physical and defensive minded player on the other to open up the ice, and I don’t see any reason why he can’t put up 40 point seasons on the third line going forward. I don’t expect him score 25+ goals again but he can put up a 15-25-40 stat line, win draws, and contribute defensively and on the PK, that $5 million deal will be more than worth it.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Considering they're the joke of the league with the Zamboni thing, Lehner trolling The Snake, and their fraud GM, they need something to latch onto...
They don't seem to understand that he was trolling them - there's a serious discussion about them getting him to replace Andersen.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I want that 3rd round pick as a Sens fan, so go win the cup Isles fans. Can't wait to see JGP in the playoffs with the Isles (although the PP needs a lot of work).

hopefully they start working pageau on the first unit in practice. Love this guy already

Reactions: MJF

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Looks like "Senile, asleep at the switch, old Lou" picked up a real hockey player, a guy who plays the entire game not just offense, a team guy. Gee I wonder what past Islander GM also looked for this type of player?

Reactions: beach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad