Player Discussion: Jean-Gabriel Pageau

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I would be remised if I didn't mention this. In 1980, The Isles under Bill Torrey made a trade at the trade deadline for a 29 year old Center for Billy Harris and Dave Lewis.

His name was Butch Goring. A legendary trade. Probably the gold standard of all TDL deals. The Isles won the cup and the rest became history.

In 2020, 40 years later. The Isles under Lou Lamoriello made a similar trade at the deadilne for a 27 year old Center, JG Pageau and promptly signed him to a 6 year contract. This speaks volumes of Pageau wanting to be an Islander and his trust in Lou and Trotz and the franchise to win the ultimate goal.

Obviously the last part of Goring winning the Cup remains to be written for Pageau. But wouldn't it be something if history repeated itself.

If Gross or Staple read the Isles forum. You can take this post and run with it in your columns.

:thumbu:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yes, I am stoked for the Isles, Isles fans, as a new Isles follower. This is a great deal. Now it just has to translate into the on ice product.

For me, I would love to see a JGP, Brassard, Beauvillier line to start off. Something about these 3 players makes it seem just right.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Yes, I am stoked for the Isles, Isles fans, as a new Isles follower. This is a great deal. Now it just has to translate into the on ice product.

For me, I would love to see a JGP, Brassard, Beauvillier line to start off. Something about these 3 players makes it seem just right.

Is that 'something' the fact they all speak French? ;)

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
It's already been said by a few Sens fans here, but you guys got a gem in Pageau. One of my all time favourite Sens players. He probably will not continue the offensive output that he's had this year, but he'll never take a shift off and will always be shutting down the opponent's #1 line.

I was really hoping he'd re-sign with us, regardless of the price. I know we got good value for him but it really doesn't make it easier to accept that he's not coming back.

You're going to love him and he's going to fit your system really well.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

We'll call it the Baguette line.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
JGP will be a great fit for the NYI , he's a player who always plays at 100% all the time and find a way to shift into an extra gear come playoffs time . He's gonna be wort every penny of his contract.

Reactions: xECK29x

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
extra bacon on top ? ;)
cut.jpg

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

Brassard-Pageau-Beauvillier, the new french connection.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Brassard-Pageau-Beauvillier, the new french connection.
Yeah that's another good one. But I am starting to get hungry for Poutine. Ala Pageau, Beauvillier and Brassard. This is great though we are having a great time with this acquisition today. Tomorrow it will be all business. Need a W.
eb9f351a07b138bb0fdc350e48185cb4cba10b53.png_facebook.png

Reactions: eoin92

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah that's another good one. But I am starting to get hungry for Poutine. Ala Pageau, Beauvillier and Brassard. This is great though we are having a great time with this acquisition today. Tomorrow it will be all business. Need a W.
eb9f351a07b138bb0fdc350e48185cb4cba10b53.png_facebook.png
At the end of the day, W’s are all that matter. Those fries look delicious and now I’m going to find some food.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad