Player Discussion: Jean-Gabriel Pageau

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If ladd is going the other way for parise as just read. And i told a colleague of mine before hearing this. This is gm genius at its best. Ladd’s 5.5 was eating up capspace. You gamble that parise is going to be a positive. A player lou has history with and a player that can play top 6 mins. This can be potentially a great trade for the isles

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Told you the 1st was going to be involved. No way the Isles were acquiring him for a 2nd, 3rd and someone like Dal Colle (like was suggested). That's deadline prices for you.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I dono if I'm happier that we got JPG or that this hopefully pushes out MDC

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Pageau is a even strength beast. He is +10 on a team with a -48 GF/GA differential.

He really fits in on a Trotz roll 4 lines approach to coaching.

Kills PIMS too.

Can't wait to see him with Brassard and maybe Beau.

Options are wide open with Pageau, or he could slide down with Bailey and Komarov.

Lee Barzal Eberle
Beauviller Nelson Brassard
Bailey Pageau Komarov
Clutterbuck Cizikas Martin

Pulock Green
Boychuck Leddy
Mayfield Toews

Varly
Greiss

Give me this line up in a 7 game series against anyone. We have a shot at winning. No fear here.
Though Komarov is loved amongst his teammates this is the hole in the lineup. Need someone with a touch more scoring capabilities there. Would have liked to see what Florida was asking for an UFA Hoffman or my personal favorite and the guy I wanted Iafallo from LA. Or even with both vets like JGP and Bailey on the 3rd give Bellows a shot there and see if he can produce(he has looked pretty good in limited time).
Still cannot be mad with the addition of JGP and hope for a quick return for Cizikas and get on a roll going into the playoffs!

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
I liked this move when it was announced and the fact that he signed an extension is a bonus...although I don't think LL trades for him without an agreement. This should also give the team some flexibility to make other moves this summer and then of course we have Sorokin to look forward to.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Though Komarov is loved amongst his teammates this is the hole in the lineup. Need someone with a touch more scoring capabilities there.
I think that's more perception than fact, unless you are looking at only goals. 11th on the team in ES points, despite being only 17th in ES ice time. He actually leads the team in secondary assists per 60, and is behind only Bellows and Koivula (small sample size) in on-ice ES goals for %. And his +/- is third on the team. Yes, he doesn't score much, but there is a lot more to producing goals than just pushing the puck over the line.

Reactions: MJF

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Non stop today

If you commit a cross check
And need PK hellllllllllllp
Call J G Pageau
8-7-7 Smash Now

Reactions: Konk

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Adding two quality players for the playoff run and the extension. Greene has looked good and JPG is such a good fit. A good deadline year for us.

Reactions: buud

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I'm excited to see who he's going to play with and if he can spark the third line that seems to have been somewhat of a black hole since the Capuano days. It'll be nice to have another C who can win some faceoffs.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I think Isles should move him to second line Center and move Nelson back to Wing. Brassard to third line. That way Islanders get their money's worth and JC has an opportunity to be more of a scorer with better line mates.
I like the player and the trade but definitely feel this is an overpayment. Glad he was already signed to an extension.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He elevates his game when it matters most, better than any player in Sens franchise history. He will never hurt you, he is a really really good two way player, very hard to play against and can score when he gets his chances. He can carry a line and play against the Crosby and Bergeron of the world and not get folded in. If there is an injury he can move up and produce. He played roughly 100 games as a top 6 forward in Ottawa and scored at over a 50 pt pace. You got a great player that is going to be good for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad