News Article: JC says veterans have right attitude

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
There's basically like two players on this team that "just don't have it" anymore. Seabs, and Kunitz.(and a couple who never had it). The rest deserve to be ripped. Why not to the media? It shows the fanbase that the players will be held accountable if playing terrible. Again, these are grown men. It shouldn't embarrass them. It should piss them off, and make them want to play better. It should motivate them to be better. I get why he would do it. If nothing else is working to motivate them, maybe this will?

I respect your opinion, just don't agree with it.

The *****fication of America was only brought up by me because everyone is afraid to hold people accountable these days. Everyone is afraid to not be PC. Everyone is afraid to hurt someone's feelings. **** that. Tell it like it is. If someone looks like ****, then say it. Don't coddle them. That does nothing for them. It's a disservice to them.

Good on you for teaching your daughter how to take a loss and use it as motivation to come back stronger and better.

I assume part of the reason pro hockey players got there in the first place is because they already learned that. I think JC continuously going to this same message in the media is going to make fans start to believe the only thing keeping this team from contending is effort and that’s not fair IMO. We’ll see, but I don’t agree with it. Once in awhile like after getting smoked at home, sure, but this has been his consistent message so far in the media.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He didn't call out any individuals. It was collective, pinpointed at no one person. :dunno: I don't know, it was a pretty simple statement, I didn't think much of it, personally.

I didn’t the first time either. This is the 4th or 5th time in a few weeks, time to scale it back.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Good on you for teaching your daughter how to take a loss and use it as motivation to come back stronger and better.

I assume part of the reason pro hockey players got there in the first place is because they already learned that. I think JC continuously going to this same message in the media is going to make fans start to believe the only thing keeping this team from contending is effort and that’s not fair IMO. We’ll see, but I don’t agree with it. Once in awhile like after getting smoked at home, sure, but this has been his consistent message so far in the media.
Yeah they learned that. But sometimes a reminder is necessary. Especially with guys who have accomplished what these guys have, and at such a young age.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I just...I don't get the fuss. It was a one sentence statement, pretty simple and not theatrical or Torts like or anything. Only other time I recall is when he was noticeably pissed a few games in after a real bad loss and that was probably warranted them. Are there others I am not aware of? I'm not a big media guy either or whatever but I just don't get really get the fuss of him basically saying another team played well and we played like shit.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah they learned that. But sometimes a reminder is necessary. Especially with guys who have accomplished what these guys have, and at such a young age.
I just...I don't get the fuss. It was a one sentence statement, pretty simple and not theatrical or Torts like or anything. Only other time I recall is when he was noticeably pissed a few games in after a real bad loss and that was probably warranted them. Are there others I am not aware of? I'm not a big media guy either or whatever but I just don't get really get the fuss of him basically saying another team played well and we played like ****.

I don’t disagree and don’t want to harp on it anymore, but I also think he should stop calling them out in the media for a little while. That message has been sent loud and clear enough times already and we still haven’t won a game. It may not be hurting them, but continuing to repeat it will make fans start turning on them and I don’t want to see that. That’s all I’ve got on this.

Reactions: Blue Liner

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
If Colliton said the attitude of the team was fine, or the compete level was fine, or whatever, everyone on here would be blasting him for being soft on the players. Reality is you can't say the right thing when your team can't win games.

Much ado about nothing here.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Nothing wrong with what he said. Men vs. boys is exactly how most of us saw that game last night. The country club approach didn't work. He's trying something new. Ego is a big thing in hockey. When you start playing on a player's ego, most of the time they respond. I'm the type of player that wants to hear it when I'm not playing how I'm capable of playing. It doesn't bother me in the least, and most of the guys I play with are built the same way. Hockey players tend to be built differently when it comes to this type of thing. I guarantee most of the guys that heard that, agreed 100% with him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Nothing wrong with what he said. Men vs. boys is exactly how most of us saw that game last night. The country club approach didn't work. He's trying something new. Ego is a big thing in hockey. When you start playing on a player's ego, most of the time they respond. I'm the type of player that wants to hear it when I'm not playing how I'm capable of playing. It doesn't bother me in the least, and most of the guys I play with are built the same way. Hockey players tend to be built differently when it comes to this type of thing. I guarantee most of the guys that heard that, agreed 100% with him.

Hit the f***ing net. :laugh:
How many you dump over the crossbar and around the boards last night, Duncs? 4 or 5? :naughty:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

"Men vs boys" was exactly what I said in the GDT. It was in the first 10 minutes of last night's game where Jet players were toying with the Hawks. It was diffficult to watch and it wasn't long before the game was already lost. Ward was the best Hawks player and still 5 goals got by him for somewhere around .850 save percentage. (That meaningless number is bound to be used against him at some point in the future).

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
"Men vs boys" was exactly what I said in the GDT. It was in the first 10 minutes of last night's game where Jet players were toying with the Hawks. It was diffficult to watch and it wasn't long before the game was already lost. Ward was the best Hawks player and still 5 goals got by him for somewhere around .850 save percentage. (That meaningless number is bound to be used against him at some point in the future).

Nah. He was good last night. His team sucked in front of him. Kinda like our own goalie in our men's league game. We still got the W at least. :laugh:

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
For the love of all that is holy, can people stop with the mention of trading Patrick Kane? This isn't NHL 19.

Guy's been proposed to be traded out of town nearly his entire career. So ridiculously strange to me.

Kane for Ryan Miller omg!!

Reactions: Blue Liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad