TSN: JB/Quaider/Bart who gets the axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Bart could play their 2nd pair and I think awed just he getting draft pick in return, I don't think they would be in for a Boychuk trade.

Witch is fine but then say 4 other teams would pay that same 2nd ? Someone's going to add again you'd think... PC poker face

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can't temper my excitement for the Bruins to turn a kid on an ELC who has torn up the AHL and held us own (~40 pt pace last year even with the flu) at the NHL PLUS a nearly 20 minute per game defenseman on a decent contract into a 2nd on a team that needs to win now.

Blame Clode he's got a system and its based on back pressure, hard forechecking, grit, comfort, defense first and Campbell and Kelly work and AT THIS time in his mind Spooner and Koko don't.

Once Soderberg reups the Bruins center group is likely going to outlast Clode. He'll get a more system oriented Ryan or Koko as the months go by.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't like Bart.. I wouldn't shed a tear seeing him go, but you'd fetch more obviously for JB. I have to admit i'm awful with "player Value" what would Quader get you?

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Silfverberg and DSP for Boychuk and Spooner.

Lucic-Krejci-Silfverberg
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Eriksson-Soderberg-Smith-Pelly
Paille-Kelly-Robins/Campbell

Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid/Miller

Nets two natural RH shooting RW's. D still looks thin without Boychuk though.

I'd make this trade. Except in your lineup, I'd swap Loui and Silfverberg, then sign Gagne and play DSP with Paille and Campbell. Send Kelly out for a pick, assuming that's an option on the table.

Lucic-Krejci-Erikson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Gagne-Soderberg-Silfverberg
Paille-Campbell-DSP
Caron/Robins

Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid/Miller
Warsofsky

I think the team is deeper and has a little more cap flexibility.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If it's Anahiem I hope Pat Maroon is included in the deal, like his game and has a team friendly deal for a couple more years.

Miller should be included in the discussion (anybody should be talekd about in a trade to see what the value is) but Bartkowski should be the focus. Maybe they would take Caron to, big body, great 13-14 forward. Get it done Chiarelli.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If it's Anahiem I hope Pat Maroon is included in the deal, like his game and has a team friendly deal for a couple more years.

Miller should be included in the discussion (anybody should be talekd about in a trade to see what the value is) but Bartkowski should be the focus. Maybe they would take Caron to, big body, great 13-14 forward. Get it done Chiarelli.

I have to believe they want a young ready now RW - it's a joke they could have 4 left shot RW; and they know that 2014-15 draft is loaded- lot of scouts will be in Bridgeport

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Out of the 4 forwards that you mentioned, who do Ducks fans like the most going forward? Personally, I'd go with Silfverberg, with DPS being a close second. But that's just me.

In my opinion, our depth chart would be as follows: Silfverberg, DSP/Palmieri, Etem. I have high hopes for Silfverberg because he's slated to play alongside Kesler. The fact that he took a "prove-it" type of bridge contract makes me think he's motivated to make a significant step forward this year in his development. DSP looked like great in the playoffs last year but consistency has been an issue. Anaheim's depth on the wings could become a headwind for him if the likes of Silf, Palms, and Etem make him expendable. As for Palmieri, he suffered a high-ankle sprain late in the offseason so he's just now participating in training camp. It's hard to foresee where Boudreau has him in the lineup but we should get a glimpse of him on Saturday for Anaheim's final preseason game against SJ. Etem has been a PPG player in the AHL and has nothing left to prove there. For every moment of brilliance he has in the NHL, there are also times of invisible play that leave you wondering if he's even in the lineup.

Hope this helps.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
If Boychuk leaves, then could he go to Edmonton for either Eberle or Yakupov? The Bruins would have to add, of course. Spooner would be included, as the Oilers desperately need a second line centre. Boston could throw in their 2015 1st plus another defencemen (or maybe Campbell/Kelly).

Another option would be to pry Brett Ritchie from Dallas. We can send Boychuck, McQuaid or Bartkowski (adding depending on who goes). I think that the Stars owe us after the Seguin deal. :)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I don't think Miller will command the return a Bart/JB/Quader would bring. Besides this team needs his toughness on a regular basis particularly if McQuaid or JB is dealt.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Boychuk shouldn't be under consideration; we can't replace him and $3.3 million is a steal for how good he is. I still think McQuaid should be the obvious choice. Miller can easily replace him (I personally think Miller is better anyways), and the Bruins have more depth on the right side. If you trade Bart, we're relying on someone like Warsofsky in case of an injury. McQuaid makes more than Bart as well.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Honestly, I agree with making Miller available too. Wasn't very good in the Montreal series, and I do think that McQuaid is a step above him, as far as steadiness and reliability goes.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

Zero chance of Maroon being moved. He's had instant chemistry with Kesler and can be moved up to the first line to replace Heatley. Due to Heatley's injury, he has been practicing with Getzlaf and Perry.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
How many big goals did we get from Boychuk during our playoff runs? How many good decisions and pinches did Mcquaid make during the playoff runs? Who has been the goat of bad penalties in the playoffs? Makes it an easy decision for me who should go.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Boychuk shouldn't be under consideration; we can't replace him and $3.3 million is a steal for how good he is. I still think McQuaid should be the obvious choice. Miller can easily replace him (I personally think Miller is better anyways), and the Bruins have more depth on the right side. If you trade Bart, we're relying on someone like Warsofsky in case of an injury. McQuaid makes more than Bart as well.

I tend to agree with your analogy, idealistically you move Bart and McQuaid before Manchuk, as both can be replaced internally easily.....BUT the issue is cap related dollars today and down the road. That said, you move Manchuk and get the best return because if you keep him, then you're going lose him for nothing OR have to trade out major dollars next summer just to retain him.
I think you move him now and get a solid return while you can.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I tend to agree with your analogy, idealistically you move Bart and McQuaid before Manchuk, as both can be replaced internally easily.....BUT the issue is cap related dollars today and down the road. That said, you move Manchuk and get the best return because if you keep him, then you're going lose him for nothing OR have to trade out major dollars next summer just to retain him.
I think you move him now and get a solid return while you can.

This isn't the youngest core. I just wouldn't move any important pieces that have a bargain cap hit when we're in this Cup window. We saw the effect Seidenberg has on the team when he's not on the ice; I think Boychuk would be similar. I could confidently say we wouldn't win the Cup if we traded our #3 D-man for cap reasons.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd have to ask you why you feel that way? Dude has consistently raised his game..Great locker room guy..tough as ****.

I don't know, i can't explain it, really. I feel like he's on the wrong end of turnovers a lot of the time and i feel like he needs an hour to get his shot off, as if he's a kid trying to figure out which way he shoots.

I think he's a solid #4-5 guy but i don't see him being much better than that. Just my take on him. I don't think he's bad, i just don't think he's as good as people make him out to be.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
In my opinion, our depth chart would be as follows: Silfverberg, DSP/Palmieri, Etem. I have high hopes for Silfverberg because he's slated to play alongside Kesler. The fact that he took a "prove-it" type of bridge contract makes me think he's motivated to make a significant step forward this year in his development. DSP looked like great in the playoffs last year but consistency has been an issue. Anaheim's depth on the wings could become a headwind for him if the likes of Silf, Palms, and Etem make him expendable. As for Palmieri, he suffered a high-ankle sprain late in the offseason so he's just now participating in training camp. It's hard to foresee where Boudreau has him in the lineup but we should get a glimpse of him on Saturday for Anaheim's final preseason game against SJ. Etem has been a PPG player in the AHL and has nothing left to prove there. For every moment of brilliance he has in the NHL, there are also times of invisible play that leave you wondering if he's even in the lineup.

Hope this helps.

I would bet my Joe Thornton autographed stick they both want and are trying to acquire Silfverberg. Ottawa guy, Swede, played great against Boston. He would be a home run - shoots right!!!! I would put Loui in this. Soderberg-Silfverberg would be the best thing from Sweden since the chef

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Honestly, I agree with making Miller available too. Wasn't very good in the Montreal series, and I do think that McQuaid is a step above him, as far as steadiness and reliability goes.

Miller makes half of what McQuaid does, is signed for an additional year, and doesn't have the injury history to go along with. Regardless of whether you think MCquaid is better (I can't see it being by that much), I think the things I listed above outweigh that perceived gap between them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't know, i can't explain it, really. I feel like he's on the wrong end of turnovers a lot of the time and i feel like he needs an hour to get his shot off, as if he's a kid trying to figure out which way he shoots.

I think he's a solid #4-5 guy but i don't see him being much better than that. Just my take on him. I don't think he's bad, i just don't think he's as good as people make him out to be.

Ok fair enough, respectfully put thank you...

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I would bet my Joe Thornton autographed stick they both want and are trying to acquire Silfverberg. Ottawa guy, Swede, played great against Boston. He would be a home run - shoots right!!!! I would put Loui in this. Soderberg-Silfverberg would be the best thing from Sweden since the chef

Lets go full Swede...

Loui - Sodeberg - Silfverberg

Detroit would be so jealous..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad