TSN: JB/Quaider/Bart who gets the axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I think Etem is another lefty but do like. DSP some say he's tailed off

He's a lefty but I believe he's spent most of his time on the right side.

Could be wrong. I don't think the B's brass puts as much stock into that as the fans do anyways.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Nice job by Chia, balls of steel to hold out this long to get Smith and Krug signed and get more teams involved in a trade for their D Surplus.

member 96824

If you watch the video...yeah they mention the Ducks.

But they say "The Ducks are interested but think the price is too high so they will look elsewhere"

My Etem wish is swept away.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hoping Bart is the one that goes.

I've got a feeling we end up having to lose Boychuk because the need for a forward ends up being very apparent.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
5 West hmm, guessing

Ducks, PEG, EDM, AV's ..Coyotes maybe ?

3 East

Wings, NYI, ..CBJ maybe ?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Losing Boychuk and gaining Seidenberg is a wash in my opinion. You're still 1 D short of a top 4.

We might be splitting hairs a bit, but I think Seids is a steadier defensive d-man. And with guys like Krug and Bartkowski to move the puck a bit, I'd have certainly taken Seids over Boychuk last playoffs, and today. Obviously though the difference isn't huge either way.

As for being 1 short of a top 4, in terms of looking at it through a Bruins lens, I agree. But when your top 3 is Chara, Hamilton and Seids, you should be able to compete for a Cup when your next 3 are Krug, McQuaid and Miller. It's not Chicago's D or even top 5 in the NHL, but it's still top 10. And if the offense isn't good enough, you got to make some hard choices. Top 10 D with top 5 goalie and a great system should be good enough.

member 96824

We might be splitting hairs a bit, but I think Seids is a steadier defensive d-man. And with guys like Krug and Bartkowski to move the puck a bit, I'd have certainly taken Seids over Boychuk last playoffs, and today. Obviously though the difference isn't huge either way.

As for being 1 short of a top 4, in terms of looking at it through a Bruins lens, I agree. But when your top 3 is Chara, Hamilton and Seids, you should be able to compete for a Cup when your next 3 are Krug, McQuaid and Miller. It's not Chicago's D or even top 5 in the NHL, but it's still top 10. And if the offense isn't good enough, you got to make some hard choices. Top 10 D with top 5 goalie and a great system should be good enough.

IMO you're setting up for failure though. Youre building your team as if no one could ever get hurt, when we know that is far from the case.

The issue with looking at it from a 3 and 3 stand point is one of those bottom 3 has to play top 4 minutes. I don't know if I'm comfortable with any of those three playing a role off the bottom pair.

I don't want to be scraping the bottom of the bargin bin come deadline time again, the UFA crop for the coming year isn't anything to write home about. Any of the interesting names are playing for contenders outside of Sekera in my opinion.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
The issue with trading Johnny is the HUGE gap between him and McQuaid/Bart/Miller. None of these guys are #4 guys IMO. Maybe McQuaid could pull it off, but I'm not at all confident in that. Bart does not appear to have made enough strides over the summer to be much better than he was last year. I also just think Bart's hockey IQ is not high enough to be a #4. Seids-Bart would be a little stronger than Boychuk-Bart but I don't think so.

Also...
Chara-Dougie
Seids-Boychuk
Krug-Miller/McQuaid

is just so, so beautiful. And so close I can taste it.

I would rather just send Bart and McQuaid out for picks. clears space and doesn't damage our core to badly. We're going to get diluted value for Johnny anyway considering he's entering FA so we might as well use what we have to make another cup run. Unless it's a big package, Johnny isn't going to get us a #1 RW for this season. Not enough term left.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
My guess on the clubs..

West
ANA, CGY, EDM, COL, DAL

East
NYI, CAR, NJ

If Manchuk moves, I have this gut feeling it will to EDM or CGY

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Silfverberg and DSP for Boychuk and Spooner.

Lucic-Krejci-Silfverberg
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Eriksson-Soderberg-Smith-Pelly
Paille-Kelly-Robins/Campbell

Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid/Miller

Nets two natural RH shooting RW's. D still looks thin without Boychuk though.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I don't think Boychuk-Sieds play well together. Plus Boychuk will want a hefty raise, more than he is worth I think. And he'll fetch more in a trade. I also think Bart has improved every year, and this year he will be ready for top 4 min. Plus playing with Sieds will be better for him than with Boychuk.

Come on Edmonton. Nikita is out for a couple of weeks, move some salary and send us your 1st or Yak.:amazed:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The issue with trading Johnny is the HUGE gap between him and McQuaid/Bart/Miller. None of these guys are #4 guys IMO. Maybe McQuaid could pull it off, but I'm not at all confident in that. Bart does not appear to have made enough strides over the summer to be much better than he was last year. I also just think Bart's hockey IQ is not high enough to be a #4. Seids-Bart would be a little stronger than Boychuk-Bart but I don't think so.

Also...
Chara-Dougie
Seids-Boychuk
Krug-Miller/McQuaid

I would rather just send Bart and McQuaid out for picks. clears space and doesn't damage our core to badly. We're going to get diluted value for Johnny anyway considering he's entering FA so we might as well use what we have to make another cup run. Unless it's a big package, Johnny isn't going to get us a #1 RW for this season. Not enough term left.

Pretty much how I feel. I hope Bart goes and Boychuk/Darth stays. I'm not overly confident in the D down in Prov. Nor, do I think Warsofsky is ready. Let Bart go and even Darth if you must. But I'd hold into Johnny.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I don't think Boychuk-Sieds play well together. Plus Boychuk will want a hefty raise, more than he is worth I think. And he'll fetch more in a trade. I also think Bart has improved every year, and this year he will be ready for top 4 min. Plus playing with Sieds will be better for him than with Boychuk.

Come on Edmonton. Nikita is out for a couple of weeks, move some salary and send us your 1st or Yak.:amazed:

How fast would Yak get run out of here for his lack of commitment to defense and showboating?

Not a good fit based on what I've seen the B's do with Spooner and read from Dom.

I would love to have Yak on the B's, but I think we have to accept these high skilled guys without a focus on D aren't going to stick here.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Seidenberg was awful vs Chicago (only Chara was worse) and he's always hurt it seems. I'd keep Boychuk over him.

Agreed but that decision should've been taken before re-signing Seidenberg... now we're here with an aging, damaged Seidenberf for 3 more years and Boychuk who'll be gone for nothing next summer... I would have traded Boychuk to get value back as the Bruins are not winning the cup with the current roster, but as usual Chiarelli waited far too long to make a move and the market is flooded with defensemen.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Also...
Chara-Dougie
Seids-Boychuk
Krug-Miller/McQuaid

How can you tell from a couple of preseason games where Bart has played better than Boychuk?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Agreed but that decision should've been taken before re-signing Seidenberg... now we're here with an aging, damaged Seidenberf for 3 more years and Boychuk who'll be gone for nothing next summer... I would have traded Boychuk to get value back as the Bruins are not winning the cup with the current roster, but as usual Chiarelli waited far too long to make a move and the market is flooded with defensemen.

When Chiarelli signed Seidenberg to that deal he had no way of knowing Seids would tear his ACL. Risk of injury is always an unknown when signing a player who has never had a catastrophic injury before.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
IMO you're setting up for failure though. Youre building your team as if no one could ever get hurt, when we know that is far from the case.

The issue with looking at it from a 3 and 3 stand point is one of those bottom 3 has to play top 4 minutes. I don't know if I'm comfortable with any of those three playing a role off the bottom pair.

I don't want to be scraping the bottom of the bargin bin come deadline time again, the UFA crop for the coming year isn't anything to write home about. Any of the interesting names are playing for contenders outside of Sekera in my opinion.

All true my man but the only reason we are discussing this is because they might need offense. If they don't need offense, I agree you keep your D depth and build from the goalie out. I don't want to lose Boychuk any more than you. But I do worry that that top 9 isn't going to get it done, and the cap doesn't allow us to upgrade significantly. So we probably have to wait this out and then hope they make the right call.

Either way it seems to me they're going to be forced to roll the dice in some area, be it D or O. For now they are clearly choosing O.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
How fast would Yak get run out of here for his lack of commitment to defense and showboating?

Not a good fit based on what I've seen the B's do with Spooner and read from Dom.

I would love to have Yak on the B's, but I think we have to accept these high skilled guys without a focus on D aren't going to stick here.

Yup, I'm not a big fan o Yak so far. But if its between him & Gagne on the 1st line, guess what. Anyways, don't think it would be yak. Hoping for their 1st though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad