TSN: JB/Quaider/Bart who gets the axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Darren Dreger claims the Boston Bruins have received a number of calls regarding their blueline surplus and could make a deal at any time as the offers they’ve received are good ones. The Bruins seek either a second-round pick and a prospect, and an NHL player or a pick for either Johnny Boychuk, Matt Bartkowski or Adam McQuaid. Dreger claims five Western Conference teams and three Eastern Conference clubs are in the bidding.

Have at it .

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Why is Johnny Boychuk being lumped in with Bartkowski and McQuaid? Two completely different level of values IMO.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I hope JB doesn't go to Anaheim, unless of course the return is the "king's ransom." ...and not Chia's definition of the term.

acr*

Why is Johnny Boychuk being lumped in with Bartkowski and McQuaid? Two completely different level of values IMO.

In terms of the players, yes. In terms of risk, probably not. Boychuk's UFA status makes him a flight risk for a team that acquires him. Teams won't pay as much for him because of the potential that he won't re-sign.

Values stated do seem a bit odd. I can't see many teams giving a 2nd AND a prospect for Bart or McQuaid.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
2nd, DSP and Kevin Roy for a signed JB

I'd love DSP, but do you think Anaheim would trade him after inking him to an extremely team friendly deal?

I'd do that deal as much as I love JB.

acr*

If you can upgrade at FWD by moving Boychuk, do you consider it?

I do.

Not right at this moment, imo. I'm not sure if the second pairing would be strong enough with Bart, Miller, McQuaid, or Krug. What would happen if Seidenberg re-injures himself, or god forbid, Dougie or Z? We go from a position of depth to being really thin.

That said, if at the trade deadline, Boychuk isn't re-signed, we still have need at forward, we are healthy, and another one of the D have emerged as capable on the second pairing, I would look at it. His value wouldn't be as great though and that is the trade off.

member 96824

If it's the Ducks, would want there safe bet prospect and not sure they would swallow that ( Jakob Silfverberg )

Silfverberg kind of struggled a bit last year. I'd be asking for Etem personally, although I doubt it gets done.

It's probably going to be the 2nd and a prospect deal

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Silfverberg kind of struggled a bit last year. I'd be asking for Etem personally, although I doubt it gets done.

I think Etem is another lefty but do like. DSP some say he's tailed off

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

Best time to trade for him then.

Me? I'd package Boychuk+Spooner+___ and see if I could get Silfverberg and Etem.

remer

Oct 18, 2005

No need for a 2nd and a prospect. Boston needs to move some of their assets and pick up a sniper. They have lots of average prospects sitting in Providence, but they don't have a top notch talented prospect.

member 96824

Biggest concern about moving JB, is you're icing the same defense that looked overmatched in the playoffs.

No one has really stepped up this camp and shown they can replace that top 4 spot.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I do.
Yes I do even though I would hate to see him go.

I don't want to see anyone go but I would try to move McQuaid first as he's the most redundant with Miller in the fold.

Again, I hate losing any of these guys especially Quaider and JB.

member 96824

No need for a 2nd and a prospect. Boston needs to move some of their assets and pick up a sniper. They have lots of average prospects sitting in Providence, but they don't have a top notch talented prospect.

I'm done hoping for top notch talented prospects.

I've got a "Days until they trade Pastrnak" countdown behind my desk. Only 1034 left!

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I do.

All depends on the return. It really does. A decent enough upgrade and I'd consider it. If you move Boychuk I think you are then forced to keep the rest of them for insurance.

And I'll say this...while I wouldn't want to see him go, I do think chips like Spooner, Koko, Bart, etc. could bring you back a 2nd pairing dman later in the season if you had to. And since you know he's not re-signing given what he'll make, that might be enough comfort to take the leap.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Biggest concern about moving JB, is you're icing the same defense that looked overmatched in the playoffs.

No one has really stepped up this camp and shown they can replace that top 4 spot.

Not true. Seidenberg makes a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad