TSN: JB/Quaider/Bart who gets the axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think its a really good return considering hes gonna be a UFA but I don't see how we plan on winning anything at all this year... Disappointing.

FrankBruins

Sep 5, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
The return's not bad at all though but not what we need going forward. Gotta think Chia has faith in Bartkowski and Krug to step up their game, and that Soderberg will re-sign next season.

Gotta think we find a way to convert one of these picks back into a capable NHL player though.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
This day went to **** real fast.

The return is fair considering Boychuk is UFA. But I'm so going to miss him. I can't believe he is gone. Boychuk is so tough, resilient, and built for the playoffs. Plus the nyi are looking like they are going to be a very strong team this year.

This one hurts. Man I loved having Boychuk on the Bees.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
From God's lips to GloveSave's ear...to Chia's ear? :laugh:

So, you admit you are basing your assumptions on last year's data, and you still haven't addressed the wild idea that players can actually...Gasp!...improve.

If Bartkowski hasn't improved and is the same guy from the playoffs last year, then he absolutely should not be given a shot at the Top 4. FWIW, I thought he looked pretty damned good tonight playing the majority of the game with Sides on his right. The two of them were matched up with Tavares-Okposo and Nelson all night and Bart did a really nice job on JT in a couple of one one one situations.

A couple of his stretch passes were off the mark and resulted in icing calls, and he got caught flat-footed on one play where a B had a bad turnover just outside the B's blue line (think it was Florek?). Other than that, his decision making was sound, his passes were good, and his play got noticeably chippy as the play got more intense in the 3rd.

If they were "showcasing" him, his value just went up.

Well, you were right about Boychuk going. Everything in my book. Reality.

What am I supposed to evaluate on? What Bart might be in the future, based on nothing really?

Sounds more like hoping.

Well, I'm holding out hope that McQuaid will get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad