TSN: JB/Quaider/Bart who gets the axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
I'd have to think Dallas would be interested due to Gonchar's injury (3-5 weeks) and what is in my opinion a pretty thin defensive lineup.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Pretty much how I feel. I hope Bart goes and Boychuk/Darth stays. I'm not overly confident in the D down in Prov. Nor, do I think Warsofsky is ready. Let Bart go and even Darth if you must. But I'd hold into Johnny.

I agree.

I know #55 is UFA at the end of the season but the Bruins NEED him in the lineup if they want to go deep into the playoffs.

And Chiarelli just might be able to re-sign him, all speculation that Johnny Rocket wants the huge payday to the contrary. Look at what PC did with David Krejci.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Ducks fan here, I come in peace.

I posted this in the trade rumor's thread but I want to give it a shot here too.

Boston:
Boychuk
2015 3rd Round Pick

Anaheim:
DSP
Lovejoy

Why would Boston do this? DPS fits in into the Boston mold and would flourish with consistent top-9 time. Lovejoy is a serviceable defenseman who would certainly complement Seidenberg. Additionally, a defenseman from Anaheim would have to be sent your way for a trade to make logistical sense. I wouldn't get your hopes up about Barstool Bob, our GM, trading more than one of our budding forwards (DSP, Silf, Etem, Palmieri).

kman22

Apr 11, 2010

I posted this in the trade rumor's thread but I want to give it a shot here too.

Boston:
Boychuk
2015 3rd Round Pick

Anaheim:
DSP
Lovejoy

Why would Boston do this? DPS fits in into the Boston mold and would flourish with consistent top-9 time. Lovejoy is a serviceable defenseman who would certainly complement Seidenberg. I wouldn't get your hopes up about Barstool Bob, our GM, trading more than one of our budding forwards (DSP, Silf, Etem, Palmieri).

That still leaves Boston with 8 defensemen.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

Boston:
Boychuk
2015 3rd Round Pick

Anaheim:
DSP
Lovejoy

Why would Boston do this? DPS fits in into the Boston mold and would flourish with consistent top-9 time. Lovejoy is a serviceable defenseman who would certainly complement Seidenberg. I wouldn't get your hopes up about Barstool Bob, our GM, trading more than one of our budding forwards (DSP, Silf, Etem, Palmieri).

We don't need Lovejoy. We'd still have too many Dmen that are NHL ready without Boychuck here.

DSP is interesting, but we would need more for Boychuck.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Going to happen soon- all are UFAs

JB and McQuaid are two of the boys and Claude and even Peter would logically actually agree here

JB would give the biggest return but conversely leave the biggest hole in room and ice

McQuaid is more experienced and physical than Bart

Injury history means nothing - they are all likely one year and done so no investment

Logic is what economics looks for

It's got to be bye bye Bart, no?

going by Sunday by 6 PM (and scouts will be watching 51 in Bridgeport tonight to my chagrin) Bruins will package and look for second in next year draft in any deal

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I'd have to think Dallas would be interested due to Gonchar's injury (3-5 weeks) and what is in my opinion a pretty thin defensive lineup.

They've been picked through .. Basically Richie Rich and that's it maybe I'm missing someone

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
How can you tell from a couple of preseason games where Bart has played better than Boychuk?

I guess it's more just expectations that actual play. He has looked alright in preseason but I just really don't think Bart has the ability to be a #4. Maybe playing with Seids would help, but I don't want to depend on him for those minutes, which is what happened last year.

I think he has some amazing hockey skill and he's a very good skater, but he struggles to make the right decisions in his own zone and effectively shut down the opposition. I don't think that's something he is going to learn from being forced into the #4 position again.

I really like Bart and think he could be a very solid bottom pairing guy or even possibly a #4 on a less competitive team.

Also the current d-corps is just so wonderful I don't want to lose it.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010

JB and McQuaid are two of the boys and Claude and even Peter would logically actually agree here

JB would give the biggest return but conversely leave the biggest hole in room and ice

Injury history means nothing - they are all likely one year and done so no investment

going by Sunday by 6 PM (and scouts will be watching 51 in Bridgeport tonight to my chagrin) Bruins will package and look for second in next year draft in any deal

Wasn't 51 sent to Providence already?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

Boston:
Boychuk
2015 3rd Round Pick

Anaheim:
DSP
Lovejoy

Why would Boston do this? DPS fits in into the Boston mold and would flourish with consistent top-9 time. Lovejoy is a serviceable defenseman who would certainly complement Seidenberg. Additionally, a defenseman from Anaheim would have to be sent your way for a trade to make logistical sense. I wouldn't get your hopes up about Barstool Bob, our GM, trading more than one of our budding forwards (DSP, Silf, Etem, Palmieri).

These 2 teams have looked like great trade partners for years !! You needed Centres or did ...We need RW options

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

I can't temper my excitement for the Bruins to turn a kid on an ELC who has torn up the AHL and held us own (~40 pt pace last year even with the flu) at the NHL PLUS a nearly 20 minute per game defenseman on a decent contract into a 2nd on a team that needs to win now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't 51 sent to Providence already?

Yes but Bridgeport is on his bucket list I would think? Fall foliage and the Bruins historically let the yutes play after being sent down this type of game - Sox do same

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Miller should be in the discussion.

He was a liability in the Montreal series.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Boston:
Boychuk
2015 3rd Round Pick

Anaheim:
DSP
Lovejoy

Out of the 4 forwards that you mentioned, who do Ducks fans like the most going forward? Personally, I'd go with Silfverberg, with DPS being a close second. But that's just me.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Boston:
Boychuk
2015 3rd Round Pick

Anaheim:
DSP
Lovejoy

I do this in a heartbeat and then still flip Bart to someone else

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
My hope is we keep Boychuk and move one of MCquaid or Bartkowski. I just keep looking at our potential top 4 with Z, Dougie, Seids, and Boychuk and get really excited about how good that could be.

Problem is which one of McQuad or Bart do we trade?

We have a problem with team speed, Bart alleviates that somewhat.

Some feel like we may have a problem with team toughness, McQuaid helps solve that.

I really like McQuaid, but I think we would be best off moving him and keeping Bart.

Bart seems more versatile and doesn't have the injury history that Mcquaid has.

It is pretty much a wash to me. I just hope it isn't Boychuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad