Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This is was struck me, easily one of the youngest players in the draft, and already a man.

We're loaded with at least 2nd pairing D prospects.

Romanov Brook
Mete Juulsen
Harris
Struble
Leskinen

Looks to me like the left side is stronger than the right. How many years do they think Weber, and even Petry, will be able to play for?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Romanov Brook
Mete Juulsen
Harris
Struble
Leskinen

Looks to me like the left side is stronger than the right. How many years do they think Weber, and even Petry, will be able to play for?
Brook is better than anyone, as of now. Hes the only one I see with number 1 potential.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The optics of PK comparisons might be bad but eff me does he not look like a faster PK? Not identical but there are times where I feel like I'm watching young Subban. Definitely seems raw but man is there upside. I wouldn't call him our best D prospect but he may be the toolsiest.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ok so the manchild can skate, protect the puck and make a decent first pass. Add to that some top shelf athleticism and a healthy dose of aggressiveness, and well... when can he start in Montreal??

Two years from now i.e. one year after Romanov comes over and when Harris is out of college at 21 ish?

The Folins & Kulaks on the team better be gone by then, the new wave of LHDs is-a-comin'.

Don't sleep on Kulak as a good depth D. We're going to need low cap hits. RFA's are starting to get paid big money really young.

Reactions: Acadien86

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Brook is better than anyone, as of now. Hes the only one I see with number 1 potential.

Yeah I'm kind of hung up on Brook being a potential #1. I don't know if he's quite there but it could be close. I don't know if he's elite enough in any one part of the game (literally don't know).

I'll probably be a bit disappointed if he tops out as a 2nd pairing guy since I think thats his floor.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah I'm kind of hung up on Brook being a potential #1. I don't know if he's quite there but it could be close. I don't know if he's elite enough in any one part of the game (literally don't know).

I'll probably be a bit disappointed if he tops out as a 2nd pairing guy since I think thats his floor.

Skating and decision making IMO. Very little that can do it better than him. His transition game is also elite.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The optics of PK comparisons might be bad but eff me does he not look like a faster PK? Not identical but there are times where I feel like I'm watching young Subban. Definitely seems raw but man is there upside. I wouldn't call him our best D prospect but he may be the toolsiest.

He’s got the same swagger as PK. He’s always moving and looking to get involved. His head is up all of the time. I like him a lot.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Damn, this kid can skate. There's no doubt that the toolbox is there. Could well be a case of a player flying under the radar solely because he wasn't playing in a conventional major junior league. Love the pick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Romanov is on Brooks level IMO. Brook has yet to play against men. Played a few games to end the year with Laval last year and will have some adjustment to make in his first full AHL season. Romanov is younger and started playing against men in the KHL at age 18.

The Struble to Subban comparison is exactly what I first noticed as well. A very confident young man who is physically strong, skates very well, and has skill. I see the same type of risky plays being made too. Not a bad thing with development but you have to learn to pick your timing better. Maturity will help

Reactions: dralaf

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Romanov Brook
Mete Juulsen
Harris
Struble
Leskinen

Don't forget about Fleury on the right side.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I left Fleury out because people have genrally been talking about him as a bottom pair guy. But I don't know his game well enough.
Too early to see where Fleury will end up...he had a solid rookie season. I see him playing one more year in Laval. Imo he has more upside than people think.

Reactions: jaffy27

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Heard Pierre McGuire on TSN690 yesterday and he absolutely loved this pick for the Habs. He said he's seen him play a few times against his sons team and called Struble a nasty piece of business on the ice and he will be an NHL player. Said he's not comparing him to Chelios but said that he plays a similar nasty type of game like Chelios played.

All of that sounded pretty damn good to me. McGuire also said he really loved the Rhett Pitlick pick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Too early to see where Fleury will end up...he had a solid rookie season. I see him playing one more year in Laval. Imo he has more upside than people think.

Alzner's been speaking VERY highly of him. Wish he were at development camp... But ultimately there's no rush to label him. Will definitely be interesting to see him at main camp in 2020.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Heard Pierre McGuire on TSN690 yesterday and he absolutely loved this pick for the Habs. He said he's seen him play a few times against his sons team and called Struble a nasty piece of business on the ice and he will be an NHL player. Said he's not comparing him to Chelios but said that he plays a similar nasty type of game like Chelios played.

All of that sounded pretty damn good to me. McGuire also said he really loved the Rhett Pitlick pick.

Yes, 3 picks I'm already excited about from this draft. Caufield, Struble, and Pitlik.

Reactions: sheed36

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Rhett Pitlick Pick

Say that 5 times really fast :laugh:

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad