Rumor: Jason Zucker: Scratched - Vancouver favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
@TheLegend do you accept this get f***ed offer?

Could be cheap depth, Canucks got exposed by Joshua and Blueger getting hurt for f*** sakes
There are still much cheaper and better options out there though.

Zucker is basically a top 6 guy who isn't good enough to be a top 6 guy.

I like him a lot as a persona as he had an excellent article in the players tribune a couple of years back but as a trade deadline acquisition I'd take a hard pass.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

I like him a lot as a persona as he had an excellent article in the players tribune a couple of years back but as a trade deadline acquisition I'd take a hard pass.
For a 4th/5th? I wouldn’t mind him

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Zucker @ 50% is still 2.65 million!
I get there's always negotiation but starting with a 2nd sends a "I'm not going to be rational" message

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

cc

Feb 28, 2002
If this is the caliber of player they are looking at, I would rather the Canucks just sign Kessel than move any real assets to acquire Zucker.

Reactions: nucks88

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As a neutral observer Im just offering a balanced trade between the two squads. Mikheyev brings that defensive rock stability that Arizona needs well Zucker offers a bit more flexibility up in down the lineup for the Canucks. The picks and retention and prospects to balance out the deal

You sure post about the Canucks a lot for a "neutral observer"

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Seems evident that the Canucks are out on Guentzel seems like Carolina are the front runners, Zucker isnt a bad middle 6 guy so he would be a welcomed addition.
Guentzel will be a nuck by 6 pacific. Our President and GM clearly want him and I think the talk of him preferring Vancouver came out after Dubas couldn't get his price from other teams. I know they said earlier he wasn't interested in an extension but I don't buy that since the extra year has a lot of value to a guy signing his retirement contract.
I think Vancouver is the only team besides Pittsburgh he's willing to commit to,or at the very least the only team from the rumoured interested teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Homesick

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Guentzel will be a nuck by 6 pacific. Our President and GM clearly want him and I think the talk of him preferring Vancouver came out after Dubas couldn't get his price from other teams. I know they said earlier he wasn't interested in an extension but I don't buy that since the extra year has a lot of value to a guy signing his retirement contract.
I think Vancouver is the only team besides Pittsburgh he's willing to commit to,or at the very least the only team from the rumoured interested teams.
I think the Canucks want him but are going to outpriced by the canes since they have a deeper prospect pool.

Reactions: David71

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

He’d be a better option for the Miller line than Suter imo. If they’re not going to make any other moves I think he’s better than nothing

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Zucker is a solid player who can play up and down the line up, he's got good defensive play, still a pretty good shot and isn't afraid to go in the corners (usually).

At 50% retained he's probably worth a 2nd just for that. He could easily score 30 again on a team that doesn't play him with plugs in the bottom 6. His most popular linemates are Carcone and Kerfoot in Arizona...not exactly high octane talent here. Plus they're missing a playmaker pretty bad.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
“What does the title of the thread mean,… aggressively” after Jason Zucker? How hard is Jason Zucker to acquire these days? 2nd round pick is pretty easy no? That title is in migrating coconuts territory.

• Haha
Reactions: Luigi Lemieux

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He’d be a better option for the Miller line than Suter imo. If they’re not going to make any other moves I think he’s better than nothing
I don't think either player should be in the top 6 frankly.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Zucker is a solid player who can play up and down the line up, he's got good defensive play, still a pretty good shot and isn't afraid to go in the corners (usually).

At 50% retained he's probably worth a 2nd just for that. He could easily score 30 again on a team that doesn't play him with plugs in the bottom 6. His most popular linemates are Carcone and Kerfoot in Arizona...not exactly high octane talent here. Plus they're missing a playmaker pretty bad.
Agreed, his speed, shot and physicality would make for a good partner say alongside Petey, when guys like Mikheyev haven't been all that effective. As a straight-line guy (according to my impression of him) he should be a good quick-strike guy off the rush.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

so hes like tanner pearson 2.0? no thanks

Reactions: Rick Rocket

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think either player should be in the top 6 frankly.

Maybe not but the reality is someone has to play there and Zucker at least has played like a top 6 player before. He was quite good last year with 27 goals. He also adds speed which is missing on the team. Not to say he should be a priority, but if other options are too expensive I’d rather add him for a 3rd than not add anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino