Rumor: Jason Zucker: Scratched - Vancouver favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'll put a pair of fourths out to Arizona for him at half retention, and another fifths for a team that retains another half.

Otherwise we can't afford Zucker. If it's too little.....meh, we got a big deadline fish already.

Reactions: Son of Petter

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I don’t expect AZ to get more than a 3rd. But not sure why he’s being crapped on so much. He’s struggled in Arizona. Most guys have. Prior to that he was a reliable 20+ goal scorer with grit.
It's because most people on the trade board barely know their own players let alone players from other teams.

What they do know is memeing and dunking for no reason on everything that isn't 'le epic blockbuster' and then ducking their head when their takes are wrong.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You sure post about the Canucks a lot for a "neutral observer"
He's not a serious poster. His schtick is saying truly ridiculous things and then reiterating that 'as an objective observer blah blah'.

It's like that Colorado guy who used to be NoteEnoughBrewer or something who would constantly pretend to hate his own team and say things like,
'Avs would have to throw in Mackinnon if they want Torey Krug'.

Personally, I can't imagine having so little else in life that I derive pleasure from that I spend the time to make tens of thousands of disingenuous posts under the same mundane persona, but I'm not here to yuck someone else's yum. If it makes them happy, they can fill their boots.

Zucker is a solid player who can play up and down the line up, he's got good defensive play, still a pretty good shot and isn't afraid to go in the corners (usually).

At 50% retained he's probably worth a 2nd just for that. He could easily score 30 again on a team that doesn't play him with plugs in the bottom 6. His most popular linemates are Carcone and Kerfoot in Arizona...not exactly high octane talent here. Plus they're missing a playmaker pretty bad.
I noticed that line. It almost seems like a redundant line. Like they all sort of fill the same role of being a small burner with limited vision (though Kerfoot is an okay playmaker). I know Carcone's having a great year and I'm happy for him as a name from the past for us who seemed like a JAG player.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If this is the caliber of player they are looking at, I would rather the Canucks just sign Kessel than move any real assets to acquire Zucker.
Coyotes fans are familiar with both. One of those players plays a balanced two-way game and puts in an honest effort. The other doesn't.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Bjugstad (no retention) and Zucker @ 50% for Mikheyev (2 years left @ 4,750,000), 2025 2nd, and one of Bains/Karlsson/McDonough

or

Zucker for Mikheyev + 2024 3rd or Zucker for Mikheyev and and one of Bains/Karlsson/McDonough

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Facts hurt? He's producing like a 4th liner, he's not seeing PP time on a contender and even at 2.65m he's way over paid.
Zucker at 50% with a 5th for another team to retain 25% for a 3rd
I was talking about your statement that the Coyotes are broke. Know your facts before spouting off.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'll put a pair of fourths out to Arizona for him at half retention, and another fifths for a team that retains another half.

Otherwise we can't afford Zucker. If it's too little.....meh, we got a big deadline fish already.
A pair of 4ths and a 5 the pretty much exemplifies the value of Tucker 3 guys who might play professional minor hockey for more than 5 years.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Canucks will want to do something symbolic at least, I think, so they might try to force this.
But if they did nothing that would be fine.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lol, strike two Vancouver.

Penguins still have Reilly Smith though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad