Rumor: Jason Zucker: Scratched - Vancouver favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
5G 11A at ES. oof.....I'll be shocked if it's anything higher than a 3rd with 50% rentention. ARI is so broke they might give a pick for another team to retain as well

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I could see the Canucks making a trade for Zucker work out. Something like this benefits both sides:

To Vancouver: Zucker (50% retained), 2024 3rd round pick

To Arizona: Mikheyev, Truescott, Forsell, 2025 5th round pick

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
What exactly is the appeal for Arizona here?
Getting out of having to pay Zuckers full salary for the rest of the year.
As an Oilers fan I would like to see the Canucks pay a lot more but I'm fine if this is their move. Zucker has always been a ghost in the playoffs and hasn't very good at all this year. Even at 50% he's overpaid

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Getting out of having to pay Zuckers full salary for the rest of the year.
As an Oilers fan I would like to see the Canucks pay a lot more but I'm fine if this is their move. Zucker has always been a ghost in the playoffs and hasn't very good at all this year. Even at 50% he's overpaid

Yeah and in exchange they have to pay Mikheyev's full salary for the rest of this year plus two more, as well as half of Zucker's remaining salary. You got anything else? That wasn't it.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Yeah and in exchange they have to pay Mikheyev's full salary for the rest of this year plus two more, as well as half of Zucker's remaining salary. You got anything else? That wasn't it.
I'm dumb. For some reason I thought it was Zucker for a 3rd
Yea, that's a big no from Arizona

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Zucker would be expected to provide some presence in the bottom 6 for the canucks. He might be able to do that. I don't imagine Arizona gets anything more than a low level prospect or mid-round pick. It's not a multi-asset trade IMO.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Assuming max retention here if dealt? 9 goals and -5 in 52 games averaging 14:05 a night. He can still be useful depth but he’s definitely not the player he once was.
He had 27 goals just last year and is 32. I don’t think he’s washed just yet.
I could see the Canucks making a trade for Zucker work out. Something like this benefits both sides:

To Vancouver: Zucker (50% retained), 2024 3rd round pick

To Arizona: Mikheyev, Truescott, Forsell, 2025 5th round pick
So you get to dump Mikheyev while essentially giving them nothing of value and also get a 3rd with retention. Nice.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

1709747908571.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad