Rumor: Jason Zucker being “shopped heavily”

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You're right. I wasn't.

But I don't think I like Zucker (and his salary) as much as you guys do.
If Vegas had a choice of bringing in the 1 player in the world that grew up in Vegas. Or trying to bring over another Russian from the KHL. You actually think they would take even a second to make that decision? No Chance

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If Vegas had a choice of bringing in the 1 player in the world that grew up in Vegas. Or trying to bring over another Russian from the KHL. You actually think they would take even a second to make that decision? No Chance

I don't know. I can only say what I would do in their place.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
I don't know. I can only say what I would do in their place.
Lol... yeah let’s bring in a random Russian over a proven 30 goal hometown boy.

Do you think Arizona would bring in Pettersen over Matthews too?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lol... yeah let’s bring in a random Russian over a proven 30 goal hometown boy.

Do you think Arizona would bring in Pettersen over Matthews too?

Assuming you're talking Elias Pettersson and Auston Matthews I would think long and hard about taking the former.

I think the Wild fans will be disappointed with the return. (if there is a trade, of course)

Jokes on you, we're already disappointed by the return and a deal hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: cgf

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Why is Gusev going to be at least 27 years old before playing in the NHL?

Because he signed a contract and did not want to leave Russia. He's playing in St. Petersburg and making a lot of money there.

He's been NHL-ready for years.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Because he signed a contract and did not want to leave Russia. He's playing in St. Petersburg and making a lot of money there.

I don'y think anyone is denying that Gusev is "NHL ready." The question is whether he actually comes over (and stays) and can perform up to expectations.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Much like Kaprizov.

Yes, much like Kaprizov. But Kaprizov is 21 and has shown signs of wanting to come over sooner rather than later. In 5 years if Kaprizov still hasn't come over I'd trade his rights for the Zucker of 5 years from now in a heartbeat.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The question is whether he actually comes over (and stays) and can perform up to expectations.

So if I'm the Wild GM and I have this offer on the table I only make it if I have some assurances that Gusev is coming over. From info I have read he's coming over.

Maybe he would change his mind if he was told he'd have to come to Minnesota. ;)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

How much money is he making in the KHL?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Yes, much like Kaprizov. But Kaprizov is 21 and has shown signs of wanting to come over sooner rather than later. In 5 years if Kaprizov still hasn't come over I'd trade his rights for the Zucker of 5 years from now in a heartbeat.

Kaprizov is better than Gusev, that is true. But Wild aren't getting anyone like Kaprizov for Zucker.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So if I'm the Wild GM and I have this offer on the table I only make it if I have some assurances that Gusev is coming over. From info I have read he's coming over.

Maybe he would change his mind if he was told he'd have to come to Minnesota. ;)

You only consider making it if he signs the contract to come over. Even then it's a toss up. He's a very skilled player, but will he be as effective on NHL ice as Zucker has proven he can be? That's what the GM making the theoretical deal will have to reconcile.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kaprizov is better than Gusev, that is true. But Wild aren't getting anyone like Kaprizov for Zucker.

Never said we were. Don't think we will. That's not even what the conversation is any more.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
How much money is he making in the KHL?

Not only would a late-season contract be great for the Knights’ scoring depth, but it would also make financial sense for Gusev. While Gusev’s current salary is not public information, Alexander Radulov was previously the highest paid player in the league at $5.75 million USD. However, due to a little-known provision of the NHL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement (typically referred to as the “NHL CBA”), if Gusev signs with Vegas before he turns 28, he will be subject to the NHL’s entry-level contract limitations.

No Collusion! The Golden Knights’ Russian Invasion May Be Closer Than You Think

I forgot about the last part. Considering the entry-level factor, I'd jump at this if I were the Wild. But again I don't know why Vegas would move him for Zucker.

(note: Gusev is obviously making a lot in the KHL - probably highest salary there)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad