TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
So back on topic, I'm a fan of:
Kerfoot+2nd+
AND
Pulju+2nd+Manning
AND
Zacha+

I would be on board with any of those but I really think Kerfoot and Donato would be ideal linemates. Granlund and Puljujarvi would also work pretty well together and Zacha could end up being our 1/2C of the future with JEE.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kerfoot+2nd+
AND
Pulju+2nd+Manning
AND
Zacha+

I would be on board with any of those but I really think Kerfoot and Donato would be ideal linemates. Granlund and Puljujarvi would also work pretty well together and Zacha could end up being our 1/2C of the future with JEE.

Just sounds like we'd need somebody on the right side that can win a board battle.

Reactions: Podgornik

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kerfoot+2nd+
AND
Pulju+2nd+Manning
AND
Zacha+

Not a fan of Pulju+2nd+Manning, but the other two, depending on the additions, I would be good with. I wanted Zacha at the draft and even though he's had his hardships I was surprised to see he's still only 21.

Reactions: Podgornik

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Pens should/need to be on this

With what? He has a 5.5m cap hit and is on pace for 18g/40pts. The only way we could afford that cap hit is if Minny was taking back at least 5m in cap. Pearson+ is still short, and I do not see Minny wanting JJ (or Rutherford seeing him as enough of an issue to move him at this point). I know people will bring up Kessel, but I'm not sure how willing JR will be to go there yet - especially when discussing someone who's also struggling, isn't nearly as skilled and carries a high cap hit.

I'm willing to offer a player, a prospect and a 1st for Zucker, so I don't know how Russo thinks he'd go for so cheap in a trade :laugh:

Because he makes 5.5m for the 4.5 seasons and has 22.5m left on his contract - while being on pace for 18g/40pts.

Last edited:

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Kerfoot+2nd+
AND
Pulju+2nd+Manning
AND
Zacha+

Kerfoot would be a bad bad return

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hell, Kunin could be that guy even

I think Greenway has played RW in the past too. Could even try Parise out there if needed. Anything to get something going.

Next season, of course. This season we should focus all of our juju on winning the draft lottery.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
With what? He has a 5.5m cap hit and is on pace for 18g/40pts. The only way we could afford that cap hit is if Minny was taking back at least 5m in cap. Pearson+ is still short, and I do not see Minny wanting JJ (or Rutherford seeing him as enough of an issue to move him at this point). I know people will bring up Kessel, but I'm not sure how willing JR will be to go there yet - especially when discussing someone who's also struggling, isn't nearly as skilled and carries a high cap hit.
I get Guentzel is a #ThanksSid product but would do that deal for Zucker with Guentzel being a St. Paul kid. Don’t know if Fenton would though

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Kerfoot+2nd+
AND
Pulju+2nd+Manning
AND
Zacha+

Kerfoot and Donato are both LW's and sounds like they would be terrible together defensively

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I get Guentzel is a #ThanksSid product but would do that deal for Zucker with Guentzel being a St. Paul kid. Don’t know if Fenton would though

Well of course you would. Guentzel is on pace for 37g/72pts with most of that coming at ES, and his PO numbers are outstanding. Unless Minny was adding, and adding significantly (and I mean very significantly) it wouldn't even be something that was worth discussing.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Gusev is 26, drafted by Tampa, traded to Vegas where he would have been given prime minutes. If he hasn't come over by now, he's not going to come over for Minnesota just because we have Kaprizov. Do the two even talk? Why would Kaprizov be an enticing reason for Gusev to come over?

Gusev is reportedly set to make the move to the NHL next season, according to Egor Eronko who knows him personally.

Whether he's worth Zucker may depend on the kind of deal he will be asking. I think he's better than Zucker.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Kerfoot+2nd+
AND
Pulju+2nd+Manning
AND
Zacha+

I don't think the Devils would make Zacha available in a deal for Zucker, because of the damage that loss would do to our center depth. He likely isn't traded unless he's landing an upgrade at center. Zacha/Coyle would've been much more workable, hypothetically.

For Zucker, if you're looking for a roster player, Miles Wood may be available. Speed to burn, nose for the net... a real "bull in a china shop" type player... signed for 3 more seasons at $2.75M AAV. Nearly hit 20 goals last year playing ~12 minutes a night. Prospect-wise, you're probably looking at McLeod. Picks would obviously be added, but those would be proportional to which route Minnesota prefers (roster player or prospect base).

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Well of course you would. Guentzel is on pace for 37g/72pts with most of that coming at ES, and his PO numbers are outstanding. Unless Minny was adding, and adding significantly (and I mean very significantly) it wouldn't even be something that was worth discussing.
Read the whole post man haha.

Tbh Zuck prob scores 35 on Sids wing too. Love Jakey though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You're right. I wasn't.

But I don't think I like Zucker (and his salary) as much as you guys do.

If Gusev actually signs a contract in the NHL next season I don't think I'd trade him for Zucker either.
I wouldn't hang my hat on some guy saying he's finally ready to come over at 27 though. Even if the guy does know him. If Vegas doesn't feel like waiting or isn't 100% positive that he's coming, they easily trade his rights for a guy under contract now that can score 30 goals and 60 points.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Read the whole post man haha.

Tbh Zuck prob scores 35 on Sids wing too. Love Jakey though.

I did. There's nothing in there that makes any sense. "Fenton probably wouldn't do it". Are you drunk? He'd do that swap every day of the week with little thought about it.

The difference between Zucker and Guentzel is that while Guentzel obviously benefits from playing with Crosby, Crosby actually benefits from playing with Guentzel and his IQ and ability to make plays. I highly doubt the same thing would be said for Zucker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad