Jason Strudwick Show

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Struds is a pretty busy guy. I wonder if he just wanted to lighten his load a little bit. I think he missed Majeau as well. As soon as Majeau moved on to Gregor it hasn't sounded like he's had as much fun. I knew he wasnt going to do it much longer after Majeau left. I dont think he would have stayed as long as he did without Marc.

I think the radio show kind of ran its course. Struds got what he wanted out of it so now hes done. He doesnt need the job or money or anything. It got him the experience he needed to go forward with any future media plans but i have the feeling that hes going to have fun just going back to doing the popins with gregor and Majeau and be happy with that.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
There's a hell of a lot more too it than being critical and having great old time stories to tell. You gotta be able to conduct an interview, ask smart questions, fill 3+ hours of air time.

Dave Lumley is a good guest from time to time. I think he'd be a terrible host of a show. 0

I disagree.

I think he could easily fill 3+ hours of air time with great interviews, stories, insight, etc.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Anybody know of any good late evening/night live sports radio to listen to now? Almost every evening the past few yrs I've listened to Strudwick but now what? Doesnt necessary have to be edmonton radio either but would like it to focus mostly on hockey..even toronto radio would be fine as long as its not Just about the leafs.
I got Tune In Radio so I can find and stream pretty much any station. Theres just so many..havent found a replacement yet..

Evil Ernie

Nov 2, 2011
Anybody know of any good late evening/night live sports radio to listen to now? Almost every evening the past few yrs I've listened to Strudwick but now what? Doesnt necessary have to be edmonton radio either but would like it to focus mostly on hockey..even toronto radio would be fine as long as its not Just about the leafs.
I got Tune In Radio so I can find and stream pretty much any station. Theres just so many..havent found a replacement yet..

They still broadcast essentially the same show, just without Struds.

I generally like all the guys on 1260, some more than others.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I would be stoked if Struds replaced Remenda on the Oilers Sportsnet broadcasts. I don't mind Drew, but I still wish they didn't replace Louie.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I would be stoked if Struds replaced Remenda on the Oilers Sportsnet broadcasts. I don't mind Drew, but I still wish they didn't replace Louie.

Remenda is horrible IMO. He just comes off as a guy who is "happy to be here" and really looks terrible after Louie went up the food chain. Struds would be 10000 times better IMO.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Why do people think Remenda is horrible? The team itself has been horrible and he was willing to be critical of it... I'm not a huge fan but he's far better than DeBrusk IMO.

Also, CG is good ****. I don't mind him and Connor Haley at all.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Why do people think Remenda is horrible? The team itself has been horrible and he was willing to be critical of it... I'm not a huge fan but he's far better than DeBrusk IMO.

Also, CG is good ****. I don't mind him and Connor Haley at all.

Remenda annoys me because he turns every conversation into a San jose lovefest and makes the dumbest comments like he doesn't know anything about hockey.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton

I listen to MLB Roundup on MLB Network Radio on the way to work, but I doubt that will quench your thirst. I think Ice Cap on NHL Network Radio would work quite nicely, and they are not too Toronto-focused in the off season.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Ugh now my options are Stauffer and Gregor. If I have to hear the "Oilers next coach will be Todd from the province of Saskatchewan" joke again I'll shoot myself!

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Rogers, which owns OMNI along with City in several markets across the country, also announced it has cancelled its Breakfast Television morning news show in Edmonton, and will replace it with Dinner Television, which will air daily from 5 to 7 p.m. and feature ex-NHLer Jason Strudwick along with Bridget Ryan and Courtney Theriault, who used to be on Breakfast Television.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-axes-omni-news-programs-cancels-breakfast-television-in-edmonton-1.3065351

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
That sucks, I actually liked Breakfast television and this new evening news show will get killed by global and such. Booo

I'll finally have something to watch at that time, and an excuse to watch City for once. I can't even watch the regular news zzzzzz

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton
Nowadays it's news from 5 - 7 pm. Its all depressing too.

Its all about criminals here in Canada, or some religious extremists butchering innocent people in the middle east.

I hope this new show is not a news broadcast.

azashi

May 31, 2006
Remenda is horrible IMO. He just comes off as a guy who is "happy to be here" and really looks terrible after Louie went up the food chain. Struds would be 10000 times better IMO.

I'm especially impressed by Louie's elevation of his game once he went beyond local broadcasts. At the local level he played the critically blind homer so well that I was convinced he's just a dud. Once he went to national broadcasts, he was much more free with his insights and criticisms.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
I'll be very interested to see how Struddy's well-earned fanbase takes to his new co-host Bridget Ryan. I've always been okay with Bridget but I'm not sure how her in-your-face high school Drama Club personna will play with those who are used to Jason interacting with the Marc Majeaus & Jason Gregors of this world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad